What's new

Curious potential player

Evermoon

I happened to see the link here on another site. This game has the best class system I have found in any MMOs. My biggest issue was the open world pvp, as I am not a huge fan of pvp in general. So while considering giving it a try again, I thought I would ask the community and see how bad the pvp is on the private server.

Please note, if you enjoy pvp I am not knocking it or you, it is just not my cup of tea. Especially like on the game when I played, leveling up in the low 30s and getting jumped by multiple characters in their 50s.

I happened to see the link here on another site. This game has the best class system I have found in any MMOs. My biggest issue was the open world pvp, as I am not a huge fan of pvp in general. So while considering giving it a try again, I thought I would ask the community and see how bad the pvp is on the private server.

Please note, if you enjoy pvp I am not knocking it or you, it is just not my cup of tea. Especially like on the game when I played, leveling up in the low 30s and getting jumped by multiple characters in their 50s.

Well PvP is a broad thing in this game, maybe you can specify your question? Or maybe rephrase it because "how bad is the PvP" is a very specific subjective question that assumes the entire thing is bad, even though maybe, for example, you just wanna know how it might influence your game play as a PvE person? (just example, not saying its like that :p)

I apologize for being so general, but your later point was correct. I am more interested in PvE. When I played on the live server I couldn't even level up without getting ganked by groups of near max level players. That just isn't fun for me. It is the open world pvp that got to me. It is one thing to go after people your level, but griefing players who are trying to level and like 20+ levels lower than you is likely to kill their desire to play. If there had been some system to keep players more than 10 levels apart from hurting each other, I would have considered the game to be near perfect for me.

I apologize for being so general, but your later point was correct. I am more interested in PvE. When I played on the live server I couldn't even level up without getting ganked by groups of near max level players. That just isn't fun for me. It is the open world pvp that got to me. It is one thing to go after people your level, but griefing players who are trying to level and like 20+ levels lower than you is likely to kill their desire to play. If there had been some system to keep players more than 10 levels apart from hurting each other, I would have considered the game to be near perfect for me.

Well there's always those few people who think it's funny to kill low levels :/ but overall it should rarely happen. If it does happen a lot to one person it's just bad luck I think xD - The server population is pretty big so everyone has plenty of same level players to kill :3

Aside from that, it is super easy to level on this server because the experience is boosted. Especially Dwarves and Warborn go super fast because their race quests give more exp than the quests for other races. Toss in the random dungeon for exp stones, or world boss guild mission for extra exp and you'll be there in no time. Burn your labor on larceny items you get along the way for extra exp too c:

So, on the whole, I don't think being killed by higher level players is much of an issue on this server;-)

To be honest (and not to deter you from playing here), this server has much more balanced population than any of the Live servers I played on had, which actually means there's more of a chance of you running into someone who will try to kill you (especially since green pirating was so condemned on Live but it seems to be embraced here). You're going to get hit with the constant response of "if you don't want to be killed in a PVP zone, don't be in the PVP zone" and I think that's going to be the motto of this thread for you. If you don't want to die in open world PVP but you're going to put yourself into a position for it to happen, that will be the expected result.

To be honest (and not to deter you from playing here), this server has much more balanced population than any of the Live servers I played on had, which actually means there's more of a chance of you running into someone who will try to kill you (especially since green pirating was so condemned on Live but it seems to be embraced here). You're going to get hit with the constant response of "if you don't want to be killed in a PVP zone, don't be in the PVP zone" and I think that's going to be the motto of this thread for you. If you don't want to die in open world PVP but you're going to put yourself into a position for it to happen, that will be the expected result.

In general yes, but they are worried about people going out of their way to kill low levels.. afaik, that's not a big thing on this server. I leveled up 6 chars, so can safely say that imo.

But from what I recall, the same zones for PvP were also questing zones for lower level players. It wasn't a matter of being in a PvP zone on purpose, it was a matter of going along doing our (was playing with a friend) quests and bam ... ganked. It may have just been players waiting around for the zones to go to war, or however it is phrased, but having those war zones in questing areas was a horrible idea.

Bear in mind, I am not bashing PvP or those who enjoy it, I know that many people feel that competitive urge. It just doesn't seem like much of a competition to kill low level players. I got my MMO start playing Everquest where there was virtually no PvP, and stuck with it for over 7 years.

But from what I recall, the same zones for PvP were also questing zones for lower level players. It wasn't a matter of being in a PvP zone on purpose, it was a matter of going along doing our (was playing with a friend) quests and bam ... ganked. It may have just been players waiting around for the zones to go to war, or however it is phrased, but having those war zones in questing areas was a horrible idea.

Yea but as I said, the leveling rate is so fast compared to live, by the time you get there your level itself isn't that low anymore. Only gear would maybe be a bit of an issue, but it's easy to get cheap gear to get started for lv50-55 (auroria gear). And there's a great choice of guilds that you can join to play with too. to help you out when needed.

So maybe you wanna turn this into "high geared vs low geared people" :D

The server has 4x increased XP, so if you pick a dwarf/warborn and do only your green quests, you'll hit 48 or so, and those green quests breeze you through the conflict zones so you won't really see it, but no...people don't typically go out of their way to hit a person under level 45 if they have nothing on their backs

The server has 4x increased XP, so if you pick a dwarf/warborn and do only your green quests, you'll hit 48 or so, and those green quests breeze you through the conflict zones so you won't really see it, but no...people don't typically go out of their way to hit a person under level 45 if they have nothing on their backs

not if they have nothing on their back xd because they can't have anything :3 cannot pick up or craft packs till lv52 c:

Open World pvp only exists in some zone, and those zones can be avoided outsize of doing your racial questline should you so choose. Yes, I find open world pvp to be one of those things that I avoid; too many bad experiences.

I don't horribly mind open world PvP in somewhat fair fights. Close to even levels and numbers. Jumping lower level players seems like it would be boring and not very productive.

Back