What's new

Darkrunners.. (possibly complaint #434 about them)

what is your evasion rate? Having high evasion will help you against darkrunners. Also, if he's jumping out of nowhere, usually he's going to win since he's playing an assassin type class. Now that being said, if you have high evasion, that's going to prevent that from happening. Also abuse leech. A darkrunner has that many trips, sure as hell I'm going to leech his ass.

Also what is your ping? Primeval needs good ping

Well, archery is a weaky class on archeage... Devs and mods keep denying this.
80% archery payers can call the class weak.
Kooncoon server have made changes to achers, to bring they to pvp, they actually can fight.

If you get caught, you're dead. Most everyone in the game has a divine ayanad weapon, and your armor can't stand up to a single rotation from that kind of damage. Your epic ayanad bow should afford you the same kind of killing power, but archery is extremely weak in this patch.

For open world PvP ( the kind that matters - when fighting over packs, fishing, etc.) Darkrunner is unbeatable, and archery is garbage. Unless you have 30k+ hp you can't survive a stun-lock combo from any decent DR, and they always get the first hit. They also have more gap closers than you have gap creators, so it's practically impossible to maintain distance even if you see them coming.

If you can't get hold of a God-tier Kooncoon bow then my advice is to reroll.

Hello everyone.

I'll try to keep my frustration low and have it not affect what I want to say in a negative way.

I am playing a Primeval. My GS is 5.9K, 4 piece celestial epherium gale, 3piece divine obsidian T5. Epic Ayanad Bow, divine & epic delphinad gale rings & flame earrings.

My gear is far from being done. But it is just to showcase what I have.

I want to become better at the game but constantly getting shit on by Darkrunners is making me want to blow up all of my gear and cut my throat.

Every time I quit archeage it is because of its pvp. I come back months later, have a blast, until i take a step into the pvp again. And well you can imagine what comes next. Its a never ending circle for me.
I am so tired of this one class dominating every patch from release to past 3.5. Every patch every server it's 3 skilltrees ruling above all else.

Tell me, what do I need to do to not die from a stunlock by a DR ?
I am seriously curious as I am sick of dying to them. My armor alone, together with a T5 obsidian shield cost me 30K+ Gold. My Bow 65K excluding gems.

Why is someone who could be running around with GHA gear as long as he has a cheap divine weapon, able to snare me out of nowhere and trip me before I have time to react, following with another 2 trips stuns every possible CC this game has to offer, until only my corpse is whats left ?

It is just so darn frustrating to know how much I have spent on my gear seeing it being utterly worthless to this one class.

The moment i see that I am getting abushed is when i spam Shrug it off or leech like a maniac but it doesn t do poop.

How much do I need to invest into my gear ? Can any experienced archer tell me if i will ever be having a somewhat fun pvp experience with half the server running this class ?

Does any archer actually survive a properly executed stunlock by a DR of same GS? I watch Kooncoon alot and the way he kites DRs is crazy. I assume the simple answer to not die to DRs is to not get caught, but is that even possible playing from EU with 100+ ping ? Kooncoon seems to live 1min away from the gameservers as his ping is stupid low. Does his gameplay actually represent whats possible for anyone or am i being blinded by things that will never be in my favour ?
From reading to me it seems like you have slower reactions times. The trick with primeval is never get caught.
But I have encountered basically the same experience though the drs are on my gear level that kill me or higher.
You're using epherium gale 4 piece, which is already bad in it'self for a basically 6k player to not atleast be in Delphinad.
Archers at that gear like myself and others learnt the lesson of gale isn't great, yes it has a lot of agility but all your health comes from your armour buff. So instead we run squall 4 piece for the stamina and 4 set evasion bonus.
Fox. Number 6 in gear at least is currently has around 65% evasion in total. While not only 3 piece squall as their gale jerkin went legendary. Nobody can touch them.
Another massive importance is honor gems. You need toughness and resilience or you'll die to anyone with 3 hits regardless of their weapon

1. First question. Promise fists are better than Obs yes until epic T5, then the benefit makes obs better. But I wouldn't recommend investing in promise fists unless you either Don't have Divine buff or will get Divine fists as for me the drop in HP is not something I will sacrifice for a little extra damage.

2. Leech has a mini channel to it. you don't get an indicator but it has one. Yes you are spamming leech but you're either being cancelled through CC, out of range or not facing the target before the action is completed so no leech.
Shrug it off only works for a select amount of CC's. Not all of them. You could of teleported away and bonecaged or stunned him back with a throw dagger charge bolt.

Battlerage itself as a tree is *completely broken*. From poor design choices to literally EVERY PASSIVE being useful and mostly broke. I mean seriously a mage, healer and archer are screwed if they blow their loads and the enemy isn't dead, but battlerage users are like "oh look, I get a full skill tree reset, TIME TO GO AGAIN.

Also the 2k pdef proc that NO OTHER TREE HAS is also bullshit, because all DRs do is pair it with the longspear or shortspear proc for 12k pdef nullification. How is that even remotely balanced? Scepters don't get mdef procs. Clubs don't get stupid healing power (although I guess mana regen is ok). Do bows even do anything?

Unfortunately, given its level of busted assness, it pairs stupidly well with auramancy (for extra movement and damage) and shadow play (for even more cc and melee based bonuses).

Battlerage *could* potentially be balanced with one big change: increasing the GCD effect for BEL and Charge.

The reason you get "insta tripped" (and you do, but that's not a real phrase which is why I quoted it) is because the instant a BR user hits charge or BEL, their GCD is already processing. By the time their character makes contact with yours, they are literally already able to use triple slash. So on your screen all you see is "oh shit, someone's jumping me, oh wait, I'm already on my face".

It comes down to terrible design. Because it isn't "skill" to press two buttons, and damn near every "top" cheeserunner macros the damn thing, along with 4 other skills, usually in the prec strike, shadow smite, throw dagger, ww slash categories, to result in the death of almost everything. In any other MMO, a trip is the result of skillful deployment of abilities, and the inability of the enemy combatant to counter that trip. Overwhelm>shadowsmite is perfectly acceptable. There is a lag time in between, and an enemy combatant should be granted the ability to react skillfully to being stunned, or successfully reading a trip attempted in order to avoid it. THAT is what makes good PvP.

But of course, if DR was actually balanced, half the server would quit. The DR population is so massive and it is such an overly abused class purely because the unskilled love to abuse whatever they can to win. Makes them feel good or whatever.

Lots of classes have a CC kill combo so I don't really have a problem with trip-chaining, what makes Darkrunners OP is that they have a CC break for just about anything (notable exception is sleep, which they promptly whine about in the form of "lol leech") and because of BEL (20m dash that snares and lets you act as soon as you arrive, and as if that isn't enough, it deals damage and breaks some CC). I get that they're supposed to be able to get to you to assassinate you, but there is no reasonable way to stop them in their tracks if the DR is any good.

Class balance as always been in the toilet in this game, as far as I've seen dark runners out number other classes like 10:1.

Only way to counter is to roll plate, and play blighter/Abolisher/paladin. Dark runners that ambushed me have died/runaway. Of course on similar gear score.

Since you're already invested a fair bit on your current gear, did you try stone arrow? Should give a fair Chance to fight back.

I mean I am fine with being snared & stunned out of nowhere. What bothers me is that it doesn't stop there.
BEL > TS > snare+trip with no possibility for my 3 skill-trees to break the CC.
Charge > TS > snare+trip
TD > WS > snare+trip once again.
Overwhelm > Shadowsmite > stun+trip (can be countered but gl on that with their fast attack speed & you having 100+ping)

God dammit a DR perfectly executing this (which isn't hard especially with good ping) stunlocks me without any possibility to break out of it.
Not only that but they also hit me with 6 Skills during this, strong hitting skills..
Take Daggerspell for example. Setting up a Bubbletrap Meteor/Arc Lightning combo takes time, and none of the CC spells do any significant damage..
BEL has a 20m range, can hit targets on different elevation, does stupid amounts of damage, has no cast time, increases movement speed when spec'd into the passive (which everyone does so it is guaranteed), negotiates fall damage AND on top of that it has a CC that combos with another one that no skill-tree (besides Battlerage i believe) can break free from.

I just don't understand why a skill like BEL has to have a snare effect with all the advantages it already comes with, and why there is no trip immunity after the 2nd trip, or why the hell a skill like Bondbreaker is locked up in Battlerage. It breaks many very strong CC's. Stuff like this should be in Auramancy honestly..

Right I'm still wondering why they would nerf insulating lense from the Sorc tree in 3.0 and do nothing to the BR tree which everyone knows is OP.

You're not doing anything wrong and despite what the Admin told you, it's simply not true. Archer is a dumpster class in this game and to deny it is simply lying to yourself.

Back