What's new

Donations! Important!

That's weird, as i've played endless private servers of other MMO's and all were supported by paypal/psf and never seen this before.
Hopefully there's a way arround it, even if you add some sorts of banking for people who use like MBWay virtual cards and such , that would still allow to donate on time without issues .

It's supported until the company reports them. Paypal would absolutely shut it down if Trion's legal team contacted them about it. The private servers you played on probably weren't reported.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full
https://www.paypal.com/bm/webapps/mpp/ua/infringementrpt-full

10.1 Restricted Activities. In connection with your use of our website, your Account, the PayPal Services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, other Users, or third parties, you will not:

1. Breach this Agreement, the Commercial Entity Agreement, the Acceptable Use Policy or any other Policy that you have agreed to with PayPal;
  2. Violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation;
  3. Infringe PayPal's or any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy;

finding a European company that can work the same way as Shadow Cart? it seems to me that not everywhere the trion handle can reach....

Hmm I have bought PGC prior to reading this post, do they offer refunds or would I have to do a Chargeback on PGC?

Could open up donations through paypal until they get another system set up. I realize the issue is charge backs, but they will make more money even with that happening right now, then they would without it.

@Sparkle Thanks for the heads up. I'll be setting up an account with CoinPayment and Coinbase to buy Shadowcards. Seems like basically one extra step, but should work out.

Coinbase to buy ETH or BTC, manually transfer to CoinPayment wallet, use CoinPayment wallet in Shadowcard checkout.

Really hope we get a guide because im so lost, someone was saying they took 15$ to transfer to coinpayment wallet? Idk man *confused*

Whats wrong with using paypal?

As we explained yesterday, the problem with methods like PayPal and PaySafeCard is that they are centralized methods that have to comply with international laws, so when a company like Trion goes to them, they shut our accounts down.

We'll difinitely provide you with the guide that should help you to purchase and pay with crypto currency. We are checking the information so we would be able to provide you with the most reliable source to be used.

Pretty much all Russian private WoW servers are using Paypal without any issues whatsoever.
But Trino is not Blizzard and WoW cash shop is not AA cash shop.
- more real advantages in "credit" shop of AA
- smaller playerbase in AA

This "private" server kick Trino in very sensitive area. They lose many active players in the main milking area (NA region). Trino was less active when this team cut out players of the russian AA server.

Back