What's new

Error starting game

Myrical

Game downloads to 100%, Play button turns green. I click green "Play" on launcher, splash screen pops up then I get the attached errors.

Attachments

• 2019-04-19 (2).png
    2019-04-19 (2).png
    70.2 KB · Views: 515
  • 2019-04-19 (3).png
    2019-04-19 (3).png
    55.2 KB · Views: 507
Close launcher and then open it again. If issue remains do the following:
close launcher --> remove "client.version"file --> open launcher.
It will take some time for it to go through the files and fix the possible issue.

Regarding the errors.
Does the game launch as well as give the errors or does the game crash during the poems first line

I meant to reply earlier, but RL got busy.

The download did not complete using the Direct Download (or possibly did not extract). Game Directory was less than 1 GB IIRC. When I would click "repair" the launcher would start a long download again (did it once already). Everything was given Admin.

I deleted the installation and installed uTorrent Web, then downloaded the torrent file. The Torrent Bin's downloaded then extracted fine. The game installed and launched, with no issues, after installation using this method. I can play now.

FYI

May have spoke to soon, getting errors again, looking into it.

Game crashed and now launcher will not let me in. I did Repair, and this seemed to work till at end wherte it stuck on Dismount client data. I closed the launcher, turned off Virus protection, and Windows Defender. I started launcher, and get the 2 errors still.

Archeage launches fine using Glyph Launcher (trion Worlds) fyi.

Last edited:
I closed the launcher, then removed the client.version file, opened launcher. The launcher did a complete file check when opened, and did not stick on dismount client data, launcher message stated "The game in ready, press the Play". I left Windows defender and Webroot AV off, entered my User name and Password, and clicked play and immediately got the two error windows again and game did not launch.

update: I moved around in game for about 5 minutes. I then went and changed the keybinds I did before, saved changes, minimized game and went back into game, all ok. I then added hot bars 2,3,and 4 to game, and did same procedure. I then noticed there was nothing in the resolution tab, so I set it to 2560*1440, which is my monitors resident resolution, saved changed ,moved around a bit, then hit the windows button on keyboard to minimize the game and go to a web site..the game crashed. I will test some more.

update: I was now unable to login again after crash. I got the same 2 error messages again. I am going to delete the client.version file again and test more.

Last edited:
I deleted the client.version file again and started the launcher. I did this twice. The launcher would start the verify files process, then get stuck on dismount client data. No new client.version file was created.

I rebooted the pc ,and made sure the client.version file was still deleted after reboot, it was. So I started the launcher and it went through the file verification process and created a new client.version file. The game again had the "The game in ready, press the Play" message, so it was not stuck. I clicked play and the error message windows appeared, but the splash screen was visible, and the Poem security check completed. The game launched and I loaded my character, moved around for a minute, then closed the game. I restarted the launcher, and got the 2 error message windows again, but the splash screen completed and the game launched again. I loaded my character, moved a bit, and logged out again.

I did not make any changes to the client though when logged in both times. I suspect a change I made to the client is causing this issue, most likely resolution. RL calls, I will test a bot more later.

Good thing is I can play! I still have AV and Windows Defender off, but I suspect they are not the issue. It seems if you delete the client.version file, reboot the pc, let the files verify and create a new client.version file, the game will start.

I am being very specific on what I am doin g for a reason. I hope others find it helpful. be back in a bit.

Close launcher and then open it again. If issue remains do the following:
close launcher --> remove "client.version"file --> open launcher.
It will take some time for it to go through the files and fix the possible issue.
I have the same error when getting the game to run. I removed that file and the whole game wanted to redownload. Was that suppose to happen?

I turned back on AV and Windows defender. I started the launcher, error message windows popped up, but splash screen went though poem and game launched. I entered game, I changed key binds, played a few minutes, logged out, and re-entered the game.

I activated hotbar 2, 3, and 4 in options. I clicked windows button on keyboard, this changed game from full screen to windowed and minimized window (as it should). I went to MS Edge, then back into game, changed to full screen, and exited game. I noticed that there is no resolution shown in the resolution setting. I left this blank for now. I re-entered the game. The two error message windows pop up, but the game launches and I played for a bit, logged out ok.

Last edited:
I have the same error when getting the game to run. I removed that file and the whole game wanted to redownload. Was that suppose to happen?
Yes, that file removal will start full repair process with the re-download of some files. You just need towait till the end of the process.

I turned back on AV and Windows defender. I started the launcher, error message windows popped up, but splash screen went though poem and game launched. I entered game, I changed key binds, played a few minutes, logged out, and re-entered the game.

I activated hotbar 2, 3, and 4 in options. I clicked windows button on keyboard, this changed game from full screen to windowed and minimized window (as it should). I went to MS Edge, then back into game, changed to full screen, and exited game. I noticed that there is no resolution shown in the resolution setting. I left this blank for now. I re-entered the game. The two error message windows pop up, but the game launches and I played for a bit, logged out ok.

Possibly something with your graphic drivers. Try to update them.

We looked into it and found a problem in the UI components update process. Most likely it's due to the recent Windows updates, so we expect next windows update will fix it.

We'll continue the research to see if there is any way for us to be able to fix it from our side without waiting for Windows to provide a fix.

Good to know you found the issue. I have found in the past that providing as much detail as I can helps, I hope it did here.

I am able to log into the game and play well.

I found that after the "client.version" file is deleted, I had to reboot the pc, then start the launcher, in order for the file check to complete properly. Then ignor the two error message windows, and let the splash screen complete, then the game will load.

Time to play!

Hello, My launcher was downloading all night, when I entered the game it detected that I was using an illegal program. I THINK this absurd, I've been trying to get into the game for two days. HELP

Hello, My launcher was downloading all night, when I entered the game it detected that I was using an illegal program. I THINK this absurd, I've been trying to get into the game for two days. HELP
If you see such warning, close the game and do a Repair.

Back