What's new

[Forum Event] A Christmas Tree contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronLady

newyearaa.jpg

Dear all!
The symbol of the winter, Christmas and New Year, green and tall, the Christmas tree! There are so many ways to decorate it! Did you choose yours one?
For this contest, you will need to post 2 images:
I. An image of the most weirdly decorated Christmas tree you’ve seen this year! Put your IGN and the name "ArcheRage"on the paper (in writing) in the foreground of the image.
People from so many cities play on this server, so, we’d also like to see the biggest Christmas tree of your town!
II. Share an image of the biggest and most beautiful Christmas Tree of your town. The same condition applies here -> put your IGN and the name "ArcheRage" on the paper (in writing) in the foreground of the image;

1 player - 1 IGN - 2 images;

There will be 6 winners (12 images in total);

The reward starts with 6000 Credits and goes down to 1000 Credits accordingly.

Contest is open from the moment of posting till the 12/31/2017 6pm

Maybe it's just the area I live in but I think you're vastly overestimating the festivities over here almost to the point of caricature. This and the ugly sweater contest seem heavily based on a perceived stereotype of an American Christmas.

The Battle of Ugly Sweaters
Before i send my pictures the rules changes....
if you do not want to give me my prize just because I'm Brazilian I will understand, but do not invent rules that did not exist, I spent hours behind this Christmas photo of 2010 to send.
I got more likes than everyone else and even then I did not win.
This is rudiculous

if you wanted to reward your friends it was just to make an event of theirs

@IronLady

Christmas isnt as much of a huge deal as Americans see it (mainly a christian nation), for the rest of the world ....... Its not some huge celebration like its believed to be globally. Hmmm, about 40% of the world dont even celebrate it.

Christmas is technically done with ..... Can we have something not Xmas related ? Also giving large credit prizes, when a large portion of the population can't/won't donate with the current method. Is a bit of a kick in the teeth to those wanting too, its allowing those who win, to cash in with large amounts of money in a strangled credit economy.

The Battle of Ugly Sweaters
Before i send my pictures the rules changes....
if you do not want to give me my prize just because I'm Brazilian I will understand, but do not invent rules that did not exist, I spent hours behind this Christmas photo of 2010 to send.
I got more likes than everyone else and even then I did not win.
This is rudiculous

if you wanted to reward your friends it was just to make an event of theirs

@IronLady

So you write, before you sent your pictures, the rules changed. You would mean "after" to have any argument. Ex: "After I sent my pictures, the rules changed"- would be valid... UNTIL you see that her last edit was at 109am thursday. You didn't post yours until 7 hours after, 8:34a thursday as I read it. Nobody knows what anyone looks like unless you are real life friends. Therefore, you were supposed to be holding a sign "ArcheRage", to be considered, as it could be anyone otherwise. What's to stop someone to open google and look for the goofiest picture and save it, hop into paint, copy past Archerage, boom. She also stated, "we will pick..." conveying the community "liking" your photo has no bearing as the staff would choose which ones were the victors. Obviously dude, your ethnicity or country of origin have no bearing on their decision. I enjoyed your picture myself, but realized immediately it hadn't met the specified parameters. Everyone should know the procedure now, IGN and Archerage on the paper so we know its you. Then take pictures. Then good luck. Being sour about not winning is juvenile. Perhaps a trip to McDonalds can be arranged for all those who participated but did not win?

Hello
The winners are picked by the administration in order of quality of the pictures content.
They have this time put in rules that you need to have ArcheRage+IGN in writing, holding the paper so that forgery is prevented.
Last time these rules did not apply and anyone could had won :)

Also i do not recall Trion ever did anything remotely generous compared to ArcheRage team, it is christmas time and presents are in order, but still rewards like these will not appear often after holidays pass, we will focus on the game content based events instead.

Happy holidays !

I didn't find a weird tree, but I know these ceramic ones are relics from the past that most people's grandparents had so I went for the nostalgic value. Marianople is my hometown so there's that. Don't be jealous cuz you didn't think of it :) Happy New Year guys!
uglytree.jpg

hometown.jpg

This is our biggest tree and the most weirdly decorated "tree", more of a decoration ("Julbock" as we call it here in Sweden) made out of pinetree but yeah (it's weird) Kudos to my cameragirl @Malcara (IGN) (we got some strange looks taking these pictures haha, A for effort)
20171227_160212.jpg

20171227_161047.jpg

Last edited:
Took a short ride around my town to find something but looks like they don't like christmas over here ; ^ ) . I hope my little christmas tree works

26133553_1474525465956443_1984263590_n.jpg

26133297_1474527775956212_1713346021_n.jpg

@Lina Hofman . It is my humble opinion that the Swedes are badass and I would hang with yourself or your countrymen. I'm no where near a big city. It'd take me like 5 hours to drive to NYC and even then, making a giant goat and burning it is way cooler. We're basically a bunch of cry babies in America nowadays so some jackass would probly be upset for "burning an animal". I also think it was there or Switzerland where 1 in 2 people (50%) are carrying a firearm. Therefore, they have the lowest crime rate in the world. Stay classy.

@Lina Hofman . It is my humble opinion that the Swedes are badass and I would hang with yourself or your countrymen. I'm no where near a big city. It'd take me like 5 hours to drive to NYC and even then, making a giant goat and burning it is way cooler. We're basically a bunch of cry babies in America nowadays so some jackass would probly be upset for "burning an animal". I also think it was there or Switzerland where 1 in 2 people (50%) are carrying a firearm. Therefore, they have the lowest crime rate in the world. Stay classy.

Switzerland, where a term of military service is compulsory and you can purchase your service rifle when it is over if I'm not mistaken. It's a very privacy respecting and homogeneous society or so I hear.

I visited a friend today and apparently she decided to decorate her christmas tree with some of the award ribbons that her dogs have won. Has to be the most unique christmas tree I've seen this year.

christamstreeweird2.png

This is the largest tree I could find in my area, its in a small town in Sweden. Unfortunately the lights were not on, but here is a nice blurry picture of it!

christmastreetall.png

Last edited:
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

This past holiday I found myself surrounded with good people and lots of holiday cheer...you know, the stuff from a bottle that makes cards against humanity with your girl's folks very interesting... One tradition in Michigan is for all of the children to walk through the woods with an ornament and decorate the woods along the walk. It was so beautiful in the freshly fallen snow that I had to stop and get a picture of it!
7WUY5nC.jpg

During the holiday vacation, I read about the forum competition and kept my eyes peeled for large Christmas trees to post up with. In the Airport on the way back home I had to stop to snag this picture.

ENcEh4S.jpg

But for me, my favorite tree is the one at my office. Every year they put it up, and it is a sight to see. When my mom was in town this holiday season, I had to get a picture of it with her.

GopkbBW.jpg

May everyone's holiday season be happy, restful, and edifying. Cheers to 2018, the year I totally get my 6-pack back...or divine buff, whichever is easier.

-Lithium

IGN: Hanako

My tree is the most weirly decorated (tbh weirdest tree) I have seen this year. Is a DIY tree (made by me and my niece) because I can't have a normal tree (my cats would destroy it)
0xnbC6u.jpg

Also, here is a gif explaining why is it almost in the ceiling now.
6T8kbKn.gif

And this is the biggest and most beautiful Christmas tree I've seen in town. Too bad the lights were off this morning :( But I hope you get an idea.
F2DE4EA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back