What's new

[Forum Event] Musical battle

Best ArcheRage Band / Best ArcheRage Single Musician

• Band: Dischord (Delarme (Drums); Sire (Guitar); Iiqhtninq (Piano))

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • Band: Y.W.A (YATAS WITH ATTITUDE) (Hksekai, Eek, Peep)

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • Band: Potato Pirates (Charliyee, Jaminjah, Zip)

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Band: Bard Marley & The Swipettes (Bard (Guitar), Smokahontas (Drums), Kyuko (Bass), Beck (Dancer))

Votes: 27 22.9%
  • Single Musician: Iiqhtninq (IGN: Iiqhtninq)

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Single Musician: Delarme (IGN: Delarme)

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Single Musician: CutestTrap (IGN: CutestTrap)

Votes: 27 22.9%
  • Single Musician: ephenay (IGN: Ephenay)

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Single Musician: EEK (ING: Eek)

Votes: 23 19.5%
  • Single Musician: Jet (IGN: Jet)

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Band Name: Dischord

IGN: Delarme (Drums)
Sire (Guitar)
Iiqhtninq (Piano)
This is War - 30 Seconds to Mars

A Totally True story about the creation of our band read in RP voice:

I was a poor and starving musician, occasionally getting a gig for the occasional cover. As a solo musician it was tough going, could barely afford to book a room for the night. Then one day the town crier spoke loud and clear that there was to be a battle of the bands! How exciting, this could easily pay for a months worth of lodging, but I quickly realized I had no friends I could call in my moment of need. Pacing about in the town square I ran across someone who had a name that indicated that they could not spell. It looked like lightning but no it wasn't. With perky cat ears and an animal on her back she was just standing there plucking her guitar. So I did the only sensible thing at that moment and left her there. Later I hear another individual plucking a string. What exactly could this mean. Maybe if I stopped being so introverted and cruel I too could have a band. This person obviously didn't have a given name went by Sire. And certainly wore the strangest attire. So I invited this Sire and this vagrant cat and we decided to form a band and play the song I created. I dragged them into the concert hall and we stared at each other blankly. I gave them their parts and pointed at the stage. Play. And that we did.
Puts aside RP voice.

This arrangement is actually a culmination of a few months of work on and off. It was difficult to obtain the different parts and I was finally able to do so and put it all together this last week. So I hope you enjoyed it! Big thanks to my new band mates, I certainly hope we continue to play together. Audio in the video is raw from a single recording.

IGN: Ephenay

Special thanks to JXRaiv for the lovely recording.

The first time I played Archeage and discovered the music system, I knew no amount of pvp gear or property could soothe my hunger to start leveling artistry. And that's the first thing I did seven months ago joining this server. Things haven't changed much since then. Being a musician in the afterhours, learning MML has been a fun mess of an outlet and keeps me wanting more, whether it be improving my skill or just jamming out with a friend, the drive seems endless. It becomes hard to ignore the beauty a simple tune can bring, and the stories it can tell without words, but with colors, rhythm, tone and a voice that speaks a language everybody can understand.

IGN: Ephenay

Special thanks to JXRaiv for the lovely recording.

The first time I played Archeage and discovered the music system, I knew no amount of pvp gear or property could soothe my hunger to start leveling artistry. And that's the first thing I did seven months ago joining this server. Things haven't changed much since then. Being a musician in the afterhours, learning MML has been a fun mess of an outlet and keeps me wanting more, whether it be improving my skill or just jamming out with a friend, the drive seems endless. It becomes hard to ignore the beauty a simple tune can bring, and the stories it can tell without words, but with colors, rhythm, tone and a voice that speaks a language everybody can understand.
Really like the location you chose

You should hear my version of interstellar :3

Bonus fact, there are 2 different types of reverb in the game.

1) Theater, Dungeon, Cave reverb
2) Between floors in the Library (lobby before floor 2+3).

Last edited:

Sure, I'm always down for a listen. If you don't have a recording, you can meet me ig :) My elf lives in the east
But wait-- There's more than one type?? Oh man, I'm so going to check out the library now.

Band Name:
Y.W.A (YATAS WITH ATTITUDE)
Featuring Li'l Yaty, Walter, and Alfredo

dsoJbDg.png

Members (IGN):
HKsekai
Eek
Peep

Backstory:
The trio are currently attending the Caenord Municipal Secondary School for Fine Arts and Film as exchange students from Russia. Li'l Yaty is a third year film student by day and a rapper at night. While he isn't the best with an instrument, he agreed to help out Walter and Alfredo in pursuing their dream of performing in front of a live audience. Walter and Alfredo are both second year music students. Alfredo was often bullied by his yata mates due to his unique skin color. Depression had made his personality darker than his skin tone, until one day he chanced upon Walter playing Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata in the music room. It was then that Alfredo discovered that music could be even darker than his personality, making his skin tone seem nearly white. Using music as a way to channel his negative energy, he and Walter decided to form a band. Together with Li'l Yaty helping with production, it is all coming together.

Songs/Instruments:

My Neighbor Totoro:
1. Brahm's Harmonious Melody
2. Noryettes Contrabass
3. Triestes Cello

Rage Your Dream:
1. Fantasia of Sorcery
2. Marianople Violin
3. Hellkissed Guitar

Viva La Vida:
1. Reedwhisper Piccolo
2. Piano
3. Ironsong Lute

Zenzenzense:
1. Wraithsong Piano
2. Windcreek Lute
3. Marianople Violin

Госуда́рственный гимн Росси́йской Федера́ции:
1. Meadowlark Banjo
2. Brahm's Harmonious Melody
3. Cherry Blossom Shamisen

Single Artist:

HKsekai
Artistry: Famed

Why did you start getting into artistry?
I recently got back into playing my violin in real life and have since been side tracked into finding and composing MMLs for tracks that I can't play in real life. Eventually, I got more interested in converting my own tracks from midis.

2ad0cv.jpg

Video:

Song 1: Nocturne(夜曲) - Jay chou / original / midi ver / Converted by HKsekai / Ynystere Concert Piano
Song 2: A town with an ocean view - Kiki's delivery service / original / midi ver / Converted by HKsekai / Marianople Violin

*Edit: turn the volume up. It sounded a lot louder on the editor :(

Last edited:
Solo musician
IGN: Eek
Proficiency: Famed

Hi, my name is Eek! I have been playing ArcheAge since the beginning but never touched Artistry before. I started out as a simple Sexy Sax Man but the more I serenaded people, the more I began to love the effect music had on others. I have a house in Loka's Nose, Rokhala with all the instruments for public use. You can usually find me there serenading my egirl Peep.

Last edited:
Solo musician
IGN:
Jet
Proficiency: Amateur
Why did i decide to become a musician:
Hello archerage community, my name is Jet and i decided to become a musician after seeing how beautiful and capturing music is.Music in this game is awe inspiring it can turn enemy's to friends and make everyone dance!
I love making new songs and showing it to people the reaction i get are always positive.

Music used:
Fire works by Katy parry

Castle of glass by Linkin park
Jingle bells !

[You don't have to read past this]

This video in particular is special to me, Chester Bennington, the lead singer of Linkin park my favorite child hood band ever. Chester Bennington took his own life on July 20, 2017, just nine days after my birthday i know this is not related to this event but i really miss him and i wanted to do something even if it was so small to honor his life.
RIP Chester Bennington 1976-2017.

Solo musician
IGN:
Jet
Proficiency: Amateur
Why did i decide to become a musician:
Hello archerage community, my name is Jet and i decided to become a musician after seeing how beautiful and capturing music is.Music in this game is awe inspiring it can turn enemy's to friends and make everyone dance!
I love making new songs and showing it to people the reaction i get are always positive.

Music used:
Fire works by Katy parry
Castle of glass by Linkin park

Jingle bells !

[You don't have to read past this]

This video in particular is special to me, Chester Bennington, the lead singer of Linkin park my favorite child hood band ever. Chester Bennington took his own life on July 20, 2017, just nine days after my birthday i know this is not related to this event but i really miss him and i wanted to do something even if it was so small to honor his life.
RIP Chester Bennington 1976-2017.

Goodjob jet!

This Event is another proof that we have many talented players in our ArcheRage world. As event received high interest from the playerbase, it's going to be extended till end of this Friday, 5/18.
Players will have a chance to vote for their favorite musician/band from top 5 within weekend.

Single Musician

IGN:
Charliyee
Artistry: Novice

Why I decided to become a musician
Ever since I started playing ArcheAge back at launch I’ve been gripped with awe by the artistry mechanics. I’ve always loved music and the thought that I could put any song into the game for people to enjoy - both watching me play or playing themselves - has always greatly excited me.

Many an hour has been spent editing and writing songs in the editor in hopes that one day I’d have the spare labour to level my artistry high enough so I could play and share them with the world. But every time I’ve played, the gear grind and labour cap has held me back from doing so.

With the changes to labour regen on this server, I’m finally able to dedicate labour into artistry and finally, I can perform and share music with the world!

Band
Potato Pirates

Member IGN's
Charliyee
Jaminjah
Zip

Backstory
Our story it not one out of the ordinary. We met by chance; shipwrecked on Freedich, where we formed our ragtag crew of pirates to look for people to plunder and treasure to unearth. We aimed for the stars, but our journey was cut short. Queasy at the first sight of bloody battle, we jumped in the nearest rowboat and ran for the hills; never to look back.

One thing we could never leave behind was the jolly music and the drinking at port. Fast forward a few months and you’ll now find us jamming and enjoying our mostly pacifistic way of life.

Wow, this seems interesting, will try it out soon in the library. But why do these lobbies have different reverb? what makes them so special?

Today is your last chance to post/edit your video. We'll be closing event for further voting this evening.
If you are still completing video, please make sure to post today by 7 pm EST. Otherwise, if you can't have it posted in time, please inform us, so we could extend possibility to send entries for a few more hours.

Last musicians are finalizing their recordings and asked for a bit more time. Due to it leaving this thread opened for the entries till tomorrow morning. Tomorrow morning we'll have poll in this thread opened for voting.

Back