What's new

[Forum Event] Stories time

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
AR story 2.jpg

Stories time

It's again stories time. Last time that was AR story in pictures but this time you'll need to write a story.

We'll have 3 categories. No more than 2 categories can be chosen by 1 participant. If player wins in 1 category, he can't win in another one.

Categories:
- ArcheRage Horror story (frighten us)
- ArcheRage Romantic story (speed up our heartbeat)
- ArcheRage Can't-Stop-Laughing story (make us smile and laugh)

Your task:
1. Choose your category and don't forget to mention which one you chose.
2. Include your ING.
3. Сome up with the story name and write it at the beginning of your story.
4. Subject of the story - ArcheRage world.
5. Story min length - 150 words. Story max length - 300 words.
6. Story needs to include the following words: ArcheRage, scarecrow, Nuia, Haranya, buff.
7. You also need to mention at least 1 mount or pet.

Reward:
1st place in any category - 2000 credits + any already released costume from our in-game boutique
2nd place in any category - 2000 credits
3rd place in any category - 1000 credits

Event ends on 6/30.

~Love At Sea~
Romance by Shankss
The Age of Pirates! Arr, many would follow this misconception to the great Stormraw-Sound, where players left their factions to cry about player-nation, and attempted to team up. However, past these violent ages, there was a tragedy brewing.

Player Jeteo, from the Nuia Alliance and player Deeliza, from the Haranya faction had both gone to shame the name of the great Morpheus pirates, however something was special about these two. When they first met, it was love at first sight. On the sands of Stormraw-Sound player Jeteo, dual-wielding legendary T7s and player Deeliza, the lowly peasant arcane-buff healer. They were perfect, and the eGirling commenced.

Over the weeks the two players shared good times in the Archerage world, getting intimate in their amorous love. They were even planning a real-life meet-up. After several weeks however, the wind shook the island of news. The pirate leaders were quitting. Some going back to their original factions, many pirate players decided to go back to their original factions. However, for Jeteo and Deeliza this was different. They were from different factions, and could not return together. A tragedy was brewing.

Eventually, there were no pirates left. Players Jeteo and Deeliza went to kraken that same day the guild disbanded. They were alone. They frolicked and dashed around on their Aquestria mounts, being sure to dodge pvp.

They summoned their ship, for the last kraken they would ever attend. However, a tragedy was brewing once again. Shankss was out in the water on his speedboat, sinking ships. He laid eyes on Jeteos boat, and set out to sink it. He eventually flung himself to their ship, sinking it instantly and killing them both. The boat sunk all the way to the underwater scarecrow farms.

At last, the two were together for all eternity.

Last edited:
The Fall of Black Arrow
~ a Romantic Story by Kohina ~

In a cliff of the most cursed swamp of Nuia, there was sacred place. The so called "Deep Dark Fantasies Duckshack". Surrounded by several scarecrows and creepy egirl flags all around, it was a place where passion and intense bounds took birth.

One day, during a certain event where Haranya ships were often crushed, two notable men were missing: “The Sweetener Father” (40 years old) and Blek, Lord of Frailmar. Everyone thought they were doing something outside of ArcheRage by the time, but nobody thought they were in that place. Yes, in the infamous Duckshack.

On a luxurious bed, the two Yata-dressed grown-up men were in from of each other, in some unorthodox pose. “Didn’t you say you love roleplaying?” Asked The Father, bluntly. Frailmar’s ruler was speechless. “Strip off right now, you frail eboy. I won’t be gentle.”

Blek had no choice. He started taking off his Yata costume, little by little, with his face in real life completely blushed. He was nervous, sweats dripping down from neckbeard to hands. He thus finally finished, showing his free to play equipment.

“Hm… Not 7k. You need to acquire more currency, or you’ll always be the frail you are.” The merciless oldman pressed on. Without a moment of hesitation, he buffed up. Read a book, ate some ribs, drunk a goblet and popped Liberation to make sure he couldn’t be stopped in any way.

It was, however, a second before the rough Father took his “Black Arrow” out, that an unexpected third person appeared: a green dressed wizard. Caught in this embarrassing scene, both of the surprised men couldn’t Shrug It Off, and the vicious intruder said nothing but two mind-blowing words: “Vote Symposium”.

All three of them Recalled without any further words or actions. Black Arrow never stood up again.

Last edited:
The World’s End

A Horror* story, by Xanthur

Bells tolled, echoing throughout the world of Archerage. From every corner of each continent, the pug raids fell to their knees in tears.

“This is the end! We will all surely die!” They screamed as the courier delivered the news to every town crier.

“Hear ye, one and all, a new nation has been formed on Auroria!” Through Nuia, and Haranya, the leechers fell to their knees. It was a tragedy unlike any they had seen.

“This is the end of it then, this world will die out. Nothing good can come from this, how dare they abandon us for their own gain!” Frail haranyans knew that this was their end. Who would carry them at Halcy? How would they survive having to contest for content? The carebears shrugged from behind their scarecrow farms.

“They should give us a buff!” a frail eboy cried, “Something we get for staying in our normal nation!” Throughout Austera the suggestions flew towards the heavens. “Oh, great admins, give us an OP buff, so we might strike down the player nation and pirates who abandoned us! It is they who will kill this world!” Hearing enough of their madness, the skies parted, and with a golden ray of light Sparkle descended, mounted upon their trusty Stormwing Pegasus.

“This has happened before, in another world, they will not be the death of you, your raids giving up after a single defeat will be the death of you. Get good.” So, they departed, leaving the pug raids in tears, talking amongst themselves about how terrible the nation was.

* This is actually meant for the Comedy story category, I just thought labeling it as a horror story would add to the fun.

The World’s End

A Horror* story, by Xanthur

Bells tolled, echoing throughout the world of Archerage. From every corner of each continent, the pug raids fell to their knees in tears.

“This is the end! We will all surely die!” They screamed as the courier delivered the news to every town crier.

“Hear ye, one and all, a new nation has been formed on Auroria!” Through Nuia, and Haranya, the leechers fell to their knees. It was a tragedy unlike any they had seen.

“This is the end of it then, this world will die out. Nothing good can come from this, how dare they abandon us for their own gain!” Frail haranyans knew that this was their end. Who would carry them at Halcy? How would they survive having to contest for content? The carebears shrugged from behind their scarecrow farms.

“They should give us a buff!” a frail eboy cried, “Something we get for staying in our normal nation!” Throughout Austera the suggestions flew towards the heavens. “Oh, great admins, give us an OP buff, so we might strike down the player nation and pirates who abandoned us! It is they who will kill this world!” Hearing enough of their madness, the skies parted, and with a golden ray of light Sparkle descended, mounted upon their trusty Stormwing Pegasus.

“This has happened before, in another world, they will not be the death of you, your raids giving up after a single defeat will be the death of you. Get good.” So, they departed, leaving the pug raids in tears, talking amongst themselves about how terrible the nation was.

* This is actually meant for the Comedy story category, I just thought labeling it as a horror story would add to the fun.
It's a satire...

Category: Horror
Wordcount: 297 (including title)
IGN: Kallyr

The Lonely Fishergirl

Few remember whether this tale is fact or myth. From Nuia to Haranya, mothers tell their children this story to frighten them away from the dangerous oceans.

Once upon a time, there was a young Firran girl who ran away from home to become famous all over ArcheRage. Fishing was her game, and in her youthful exuberance, she bravely set off in a rickety old paddledboat with nary but a bamboo rod strapped to her back and a dream of greatness in her heart.

She sailed for many hours across the ocean. By the time she found a spot to fish, the sky was turning red and a rolling fog had swept in. But the girl was not dissuaded. She knew nighttime was the best time to catch the biggest fish, after all. So she tossed some chum into the briny water, sat with her rod, and waited.

Soon the air had turned bitterly cold and dark. She was beginning to consider turning back, when a splash caught her attention. Staring out into the water, she wished she could buff her natural nightvision, but she had come woefully underprepared.

She tossed her lure out, hoping for a bite. A moment later, a deep, resonant sound rumbled through the depths.

The rod flew from her hands.

All at once, the sea erupted around her as eight black tentacles shot upward. Her tiny boat was rocked violently between them, and all she could see -- as they rose slowly in front of her -- were two enormous, glowing yellow eyes. They narrowed at her, exuding malice with the visage of a nightmarish scarecrow.

In her final moments, the girl wept and whispered goodbye to her pet sabrecat, Scruffles.

No trace of her, or her rowboat, was ever found.

Last edited:
The Legendary Hariharan
An ArcheRage Horror Story
~ Written by Lacia ~

It was just like any other day in Nuia, I expected nothing more than to tend to the chickens and yatas of Painted Fields. It wasn’t until the sun had began to set that I realized something was off. There was a cold, uneasy breeze from the northern gulf of Feuille Sound. When I came home I saw that my papa was not back from his morning fishing.

While mama was making dinner, I ran up to the shore to wait. With the cooling of the air, a fog began to form above the waves. Finally, some lights began to emerge in the distance, and I ran closer into the shore to wait. A large wave broke on my side, carrying a board with the letters SAT—SATURN, my dad’s boat. I looked back to the horizon only to see hundreds of more lights appear through the fog.

“Mama, the pirates hurt papa!” I shouted as I hurtled through the door.

Just as the town warning bell sounded, mama picked me up and hid me under our floorboards through a secret hatch. It was only minutes before the two-legged animals invaded our home and stabbed my mother’s side, blood seeped through the cracks and dripped onto my face. While most of them left soon after, there was one who waited behind. I sat as still as a scarecrow, trying to hold in my breath and screams of pain. A claw with five razor sharp nails suddenly dug into my back and ripped me from beneath the floor. A creature of incredible strength, possibly the most feared in ArcheRage, held me at his mercy. I had heard of him in stories, the Fully-Buffed Legend of Haranya. He looked at me, snarled, and threw me to my mother.

299 Words (Including title)

Last edited:
Category: Can't-Stop-Laughing

ING: Lovenpeace

Subject: ArcheRage world

Word count: 300 including title

Jack's Plan

Did you ever hear about Jackbreacher? A nice guy, but the kind that had ambitions in abundance and not proportionally the practic talent for success. It was like disaster was tailing him. But I didn't know this at the time. He was new in guild, helpful and funny. People kind of liked him.

After some weeks he became pvp officer, even though someone noted his bow had magic penetration gems, and he was a Darkrunner. We thought he knew something we didn't. One day he said he broke the ”gold making code” for ArcheRage and would help our guild become the greatest pvp guild on Nuia, dominate Haranya easy. He said he had a solid plan but everyone needed to prepare Solzreed pack mats and bring a scarecrow ready to be set up and ”no one without buff or they would be kicked from raid”.

Everyone was so excited for this and we filled our 6 merchants. When we asked to know more he said ”I let you know when we get to Freedich”. We were 14 in the raid and brought 139 packs, Jack was the only one without one on his back because he ”wanted free movement to pwn any noobs on the island”. He had high gearscore so we trusted him.

When we arrive to Freedich south beach everyone starts unloading packs. Jack move up with his Steel Lightning to check the premises. We get a bit scared when we can see him die. ”It's OK he writes, I misclicked”. ”But what should we do now we asked, we got 139 packs standing on the beach?”. It was silent for a moment then Jack writes: ”Pirates will be looking for you. Hurry! Everyone build your scarecrows on the beach and put your packs on there.”

Last edited:
Near the Portals
[Horror]
[not actually horror. Can't Stop Laughing Category.]
IGN: Melchiorus
Words: 239​

The sound echoes inside your mind. A sound you could never forget. Only for you the voice cries, a voice so frightening that you've openly wept upon hearing it. Sometimes you thought it could be a friend, but each time you get close you remember its true nature.

Next to the portal in ArcheRage is where it resides. Endlessly echoing one phrase, one mantra. You look into the portal with wide eyes. Wishing for something new, some glimmer of hope. Yet again and again you see it in the corner of your eye, and you hear those words. Like a scarecrow He stands, immovable. A seed is planted deep inside of you. You travel for hours, days, months. Through Nuia and Haranya on your Royal Griffin steed. Yet there is no escape. It follows you, that beautiful and terrible portal, wherever you go. And nearby, Him.

He cares not for trinket, bauble, nor buff. There is only one thing that can satiate him. You know what He wants, that precious thing you too have come to covet. You don't want to give it to Him, but there is no choice. His ravenous hunger cannot be stopped. The nightmares have followed you since first you met him. Even now you see it. Dull eyes over sharp teeth and a vacant expression. Echoing that one phrase, which now you chant along with Him.

Gilda Starry Stars. Gilda Starry Stars. Gilda Starry Stars.

Last edited:
Villanelle
Romance
IGN: Vexeris
"Do you have to?"

He glanced at her, then away. "I do, my love. I'm sorry."

A sigh. He paused and looked at her, marvelling at her beauty. He smiled to himself. He was the luckiest man in all of ArcheRage.

She rested her head on his shoulder. His hands, on reflex, wrapped around her small body. Even now, the flowers from her homeland still lingered around her. He etched the scent into his mind.

"We can run away together," she whispered.

"We will." He kissed her forehead. "Not now, maybe, but as soon as we can. I promise."

He felt her smile. "Alright," she said and let him go. His heart ached for her touch. "But for now, Nuia needs you."

He looked back at the home they built together. She'd named their scarecrow after her brother, so he could protect them like he did when they left together, she had said. It was disconcerting at first, but now it was a welcome presence.

Villanelle. The most scenic place in Haranya. Hal closed his eyes and took a deep breath. The scent in the air made him smile, but also brought a stabbing pain in his heart. This place helped nourish Zi Lin into the kindhearted, most caring person he knew. Now he's here to help destroy it.

Forgive me.

He'll make up for it if- no, when- he's home.

His horse bucked as a growl sounded beside him. He looked at the Thunderdash and its rider in awe; he'd never seen an adventurer up close before. His heart pounded and his hands shook. If the adventurers joined, this must be serious.

General Ford raised his weapon. He felt stronger; a buff was put on him. Their battle cries rang in his ears. He charged with them.

299 words

Last edited:
Golden Plains Tryst

A Tragedie Romantique (300 words)

By (IGN) Jennem

Shouts of joy rang through Sun’s End as the Haranya Alliance Victory banner faded away. From atop her mount, Crayolafrogs watched unamused as her ArcheRage comrades sang unwarranted praise of their back-handed capture of the Nuian flag. She had wanted a fight.

“Speak to the victory envoy for your buff,” the raid general announced. “We’re moving to our Nui shrine.”

Crayolafrogs guided Stealth Lightning to follow the raid. As they reached the main road, a puff of smoke off to the side beckoned her. A lopsided grin formed. Time to play. She commanded her mount to stealth, and pulled away from the stream of soldiers.

The wisps trailed through the maze of houses and scarecrows. Crayolafrogs immediately recalled her mount after losing her target, and cautiously drew her shortspear. “Are you enjoying your new nation, Gealach?”

Crayolafrogs was shoved roughly to the ground from behind. She rolled onto her back and raised her weapon in defense. Another spear met hers, just ever so gently. She gazed up at Gealach with a wry smile. This was a familiar dance. She knew who would win this intimate contest of strength.

Gealach pressed the shaft of her longspear against Crayolafrogs’s shortspear, taunting Crayolafrogs to fight back.

Crayolafrogs pulled her cute Harani face nearer to Gealach’s soft furry one and whispered, “I accept your challenge.”

“Haranyans!” The pair jumped apart with hearts racing as a holler sounded from a nearby house. The warning came too late as hooves thundered through the housing. It was a somber reminder that on the golden plains, they were enemies.

Gealach’s eyes grew cold and lifeless as she pleaded silently for Crayolafrogs to join her in the new nation.

“You know I can’t leave my family,” Crayolafrogs said as she flagged on her nation. “I’ll talk to them. Soon.”

Last edited:
@Vexeris We could all write slightly better by going over the word limit, but somehow I don't think they will make an exception for any one person without also excepting the rest. I would try to get that wordcount down if you can, so that you can have a legitimate entry. It's a good story. :)

@Vexeris We could all write slightly better by going over the word limit, but somehow I don't think they will make an exception for any one person without also excepting the rest. I would try to get that wordcount down if you can, so that you can have a legitimate entry. It's a good story. :)
Thanks! :D And you have a point; I cut it down to 299 words wooo

The End.
Horror
IGN: Vexeris​

He didn’t know what happened. One second they were shouting victoriously at the enemy, and the next…

He glanced around at the bodies his legs flew him past. Everything happened so fast that running away was all he could do. Anguished wails made him wince as whatever that… thing was continued tearing both sides to shreds. The Thunderdash and its rider rode past him, towards the monster. The bridge rocked slightly. Other adventurers laid at the foot of Nui’s shrine, either passed out or regaining their consciousness.

He stopped, trying to catch his breath. He looked back at what he could now see was the Dread of ArcheRage. Why was it in Haranya? It roared again as adventurers raced towards it, some with grins on their faces. They may have Nui to bring them back to life, but he knew if he died he wouldn’t be coming back.

A flicker of light caught his attention. He looked to his side at what seemed to be a torii, or at least, that was what he remembered Zi Lin calling it. He frowned at the shipwrecks lining the shore. They weren’t Nuia’s galleons. His legs moved towards them.

The ships seemed to be older than he was. Moss caked their surface and coated his finger green. He wiped it off and turned around. A scarecrow stood in the distance. He walked towards it, being careful to avoid the giant crabs wandering the beach. A flash of bright light made him shield his eyes, and the scarecrow was gone.

His ears twitched at a rumble behind him and a chill ran up his spine. That “scarecrow” looked like someone he knew.

He turned around. His buff was gone.

The Red Dragon locked eyes on him.

“I’ll take care of her,” her brother said.

300 words.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is the last day of event. Make sure you complete and post your story in time and don't miss a deadline ;)

Bessie’s Revenge
(Political Satire, comedy)

By Emrald (IGN)

Frustrated, tossing her head, Bessie entered the Haranya Pocketbeast Offline Lounge, secreted in a large rock formation in Rookborn, next to a certain scarecrow. Her player had failed to spawn her yet again, leaving her pocketed. Her special ability wasn’t glamorous, but she deserved play time. She longed to leap and dodge among the warriors, but the most she could hope was to be summoned to leave a steaming pile of anger at some players feet.

Snowball nodded “Still no PvP Betsy?”

Bessie glares.

Snowball “Someday”

Bessie “It’s time for action.”

Elk, Wolves, and all sorts around the room nod agreement. Even the new guy, an enormous blue-black Typhoon Drake, who barely spent any time in-pocket, looked sympathetic.

In her most commanding voice Bessie announces “It’s time we Strike! Refuse to spawn. They will see what we’re worth! This will work only if we stand together. I want to smell the salt air and feel the ocean breeze!” (Bessie always fancied herself a seafaring cow).

Pocket creatures all over Erenor joined, except the pirates who said they were having plenty of fun but wished everyone success.

For 3 days, and 3 nights, players demanded “Fix the bug! Archrage is unplayable!” Developers scrambled their top bug stompers, but no bug could be found.

Complaints in all factions (except pirate) escalated. Players discussed the buffs, attacks, and other things the pets did in great detail.

Bessie was satisfied.

“We are all they talk about! Even my own player said they want me for PvP! They know we matter. Our contacts in Nuia report the same.”

“Spawn! Spawn! Spawn! Rang out their cries, and spawn they did. Througout Erenor players galloped, soared or slayed their enemies and mobs with the aid of their trusty companions.

Last edited:
A Piratical Limerick(ish)

("comedy")
180 words
ING: Stoneys

There once was a pirate named Billy, an Elf from Nuia who was terribly silly.

For whilst he had many buffs, he was not that tough and ended up just picking chillis.

Now after picking his chillies, with a grasp of his willy, to toilet did he run.

To his dismay to late, did he realise his fate, it was hotter than a steamed Haranya bun!

So then with great haste to his scarecrow did he race, as his need for liquid was severe!

But alas, not a glass could be found, nor even a bottle of beer.

With a squeal and a shout, and somewhat of a pout he sent for his Donkey post haste

And on mounting on up he set right of at a fast pace..

Desperate was this Elf for his lotion, his face now almost devoid of emotions,

Down to the edge of the shore, tearing off all that he wore, then dove right into the ocean.

So ends this tale of a sad Archerage Resident, who likes to believe that they are still relevant.

Horror - The story of when light turns to dark.

Once upon a time, there was a private server. The private server was sold as being different, but it turned out to be the same box driven economy with P2W intentions ............ Wooooooooooo **ghost sounds**

In the end. All the players and all the players men. Couldn't put the private server back together again. RIP ......... I mean, the end.

Back