What's new

Game does not Open after i Press Play

mariotheblaze

Hi,to keep it short, After the Launcher Updates for the 1st time opening , when i put my login details and hit the play button, the game does not open, i dont even see the art and verses loadin thingy. Nothing.

Things i have tried in no particular order :

Reinstalled it a few times, redownloaded it 3-4 times bittorrent and Launcher,NA and EU ver ,Tried compatibility mode for both launcher and exe, reinstalled gpu dirvers, changed gpu Nivida 760 ti and 1050 ti,
repaired it thru launcher many times, Deleted any sort of document ( glyph trion or archeage) from Live,no antivirus or firewall at all, added to exception even if windows firewall is off

Also everything driver related, Up to date, and DX aswell.

Weird thing is that i dont even have a config file or nothing like that, neither there is something like archRage folder in my documents, nothing

Anything i can find online really...

System specs: i5-4440 3.1ghz, nvidia 1050ti,8 ram, SSD 120gb,hdd 500gb crosair 650cm power supply

I do run the game on almost max on live server so i dont think there is a porblem with my PC

I do see the Archage.exe in the task manager for a split second then instanly closes...

I really need help please, i dont have much time its already been like 5 days trying to fix it.. Mostly im at work.

Last edited:
Hi,to keep it short, After the Launcher Updates for the 1st time opening , when i put my login details and hit the play button, the game does not open, i dont even see the art and verses loadin thingy. Nothing.

Things i have tried in no particular order :

Reinstalled it a few times, redownloaded it 3-4 times bittorrent and Launcher,NA and EU ver ,Tried compatibility mode for both launcher and exe, reinstalled gpu dirvers, changed gpu Nivida 760 ti and 1050 ti,
repaired it thru launcher many times, Deleted any sort of document ( glyph trion or archeage) from Live,no antivirus or firewall at all, added to exception even if windows firewall is off

Also everything driver related, Up to date, and DX aswell.

Weird thing is that i dont even have a config file or nothing like that, neither there is something like archRage folder in my documents, nothing

Anything i can find online really...

System specs: i5-4440 3.1ghz, nvidia 1050ti,8 ram, SSD 120gb,hdd 500gb crosair 650cm power supply

I do run the game on almost max on live server so i dont think there is a porblem with my PC

I do see the Archage.exe in the task manager for a split second then instanly closes...

I really need help please, i dont have much time its already been like 5 days trying to fix it.. Mostly im at work.

Hi!

You are looking for the wrong folder. The folder will have "Archeage" name, not ArcheRage. Archeage folder will include the config file.
You can also try a Repair button when you open the Launcher.

Hi:) Sorry at work now

Yes i dont have neither archrage nor archage folder.....

Yes i tried to repair it multiple times... i just dont understand why .exe just stops and closes itself.

I will try to upload a video when i go home.

I want to try something... can sombody copy paste their archeage folder? I wanna put it in my documents.. give it a try.

Last edited:
uhm... in Win+R aka Run Command, dxdiag = it says directX 12.

However you did gave me a good idea where to check... Right now im finding directx Registry's with my other GPU , nvidia 760..Im deleting everything from my old card. Also redownloaded directx 9-11 offline installers and reupdating it to make sure, However in dxdiag, my nvidia 1050 ti does support 9.1-9.2-etc-12 directx versions, so i can run it.

Il update if i find something that fixes this,I hope i can help other ppl with same issues too

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue, Just donwloaded the game via torrent, Installed, and when I Press play the launcher closes after 10sec and doesn't launch the game. Then I tried monitoring on task manager to see if I had any exe running and turns out that I do have an archeage.exe running after I press play, just to disappear after 15secmin like nothing ever happened hehehe

Hello , i got the same problem to , I got dc like 15 min ago then i tried to rejoin the game however i got blackscreen after i clicked play .

I don't even get a black screen, after pressing play nothing happens besides the AA.exe on task manager but it dissappears after 15sec

You need to have either DirectX9 or DirectX11. Game will not be running with other versions.
DirectX9 is recommended.

UPDATE :
I have deleted any Directx registry that i found with Nvidia 760/Microsoft Integrated Card
Fresh reinstalled direct 9 and 11,( there are offline installers to make sure they dont say i have an updated version already)
Downloaded Nvidia Inspector and chose the Archeage profile to work in conjuction with ArchRage launcher and .exe
Updated my Graphic card ( New update today as of 11/14/2018)

However, if its possible from sombody, i would like to ask from someone of you, the Archeage documets folder with that system.cfg inside it.
Since it never opened for me, i dont have it. Mabye that way i can readjust it to d9 or d11 and see if it works.

Update: Nothing... nothing at all... same problem like before, i dont know what to do anymore..

Saw in task manager, that after i press play, launcher gets Not responding status, and when running archage.exe from the folder it just says suspended for 2 miliseconds and closes.

Last edited:
Update: I Finnaly SOLVED IT!!!
Basicaly my problem ( i think) was that my directx was corrupted or damaged..Either by upgrading my GPU and some registry files got messed up or something i dont really know..
YES IT WAS A DIRECT X PROBLEM.

I simply did a Windows Fresh start, witch means basicaly just reinstalling windows 10 to default.
I can log in now, all good.

Thanks all for showing concern :) Il try the ru server since im from EU

So after coming back and forth here to check on updates to fix my issue and no response I thought of giving a last try, and just ran the AA as administrator and... IT LAUNCHED!!! Hopefully was because I wasn't running as administrator, so this can be fixed for you guys by doing the same or maybe was patched? a temporary glitch? who knows...Hope you guys can get into the game too !

I am having this issue today and I legit don't know how to fix it, never had a problem before with the game till now. I am pretty sure i have both 9 and 11 directx on my laptop, but im not 100% sure, but it seems like i downloaded at least 9. its highly frustrating because it works on my other laptop but that laptop is so slow it takes 15-20 minutes to get onto the game let alone try to do anything else....
have tried to run as admin, downloaded both normal and torrent, I don't know what else to do.

DirectX 12 cover all older versions?
No. Dxdiag is version specific. Meaning a dx9 game requires Dx9 and cannot use 10-11, ect.
Dx9.0c is the version the game runs which can be installed directly from Microsofts website.
Archeage can also use Dx11 though has to be changed after first launching the game.

I am having this issue today and I legit don't know how to fix it, never had a problem before with the game till now. I am pretty sure i have both 9 and 11 directx on my laptop, but im not 100% sure, but it seems like i downloaded at least 9. its highly frustrating because it works on my other laptop but that laptop is so slow it takes 15-20 minutes to get onto the game let alone try to do anything else....
have tried to run as admin, downloaded both normal and torrent, I don't know what else to do.
Redownload dx9.0c and check the config file in documents/archeage for what dx the game is trying to use. System.cfg is the config and r_driver is the line for dx version being run

So after coming back and forth here to check on updates to fix my issue and no response I thought of giving a last try, and just ran the AA as administrator and... IT LAUNCHED!!! Hopefully was because I wasn't running as administrator, so this can be fixed for you guys by doing the same or maybe was patched? a temporary glitch? who knows...Hope you guys can get into the game too !
ArcheRage requires being ran as an admin. By default it requires elevated privileges everytime you run the launcher.

Update: I Finnaly SOLVED IT!!!
Basicaly my problem ( i think) was that my directx was corrupted or damaged..Either by upgrading my GPU and some registry files got messed up or something i dont really know..
YES IT WAS A DIRECT X PROBLEM.

I simply did a Windows Fresh start, witch means basicaly just reinstalling windows 10 to default.
I can log in now, all good.

Thanks all for showing concern :) Il try the ru server since im from EU
Sounds like you had a corrupted dx9 installation

Back