What's new

[Game Event] Golden Ruins Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
pvp was fun the amount of tokens needed is a bit much especially considering how this event is supposed to make up for what you took away with the queen purses, if the event is run once a week for 3 hours i should be getting a few sun points or moon-points plus dust and what not per token or make it 24/7 so ppl can actually get the resources you took out of the game by nerfing larceny

This event was intended to be once a week, not more. Tokens you gain don't disappear so you can accumulate them if you don't have enough to exchange to few items you need. Event wasn't made to replace queen purses. Purses question is still under considatation.

will there be non-pvp events so us potato farmers can get better gear too?

If you check our In-game & Forum Events section you'll find the events you are asking about.
For example, we have a Trader's Day and just this week 1 extra day was added to it. That is today, Saturday. You can run packs and exchange to Loyalty Tokens. Loyalty Tokens in their turn can be exchanged to valuable item, including Lucky Points that are present in this pvp event.
There are other non-pvp events in that section as well.

@Sparkle Those events don't give these types of materials. But you answered my question in another answer. "Purses question is still under considatation."
Thanks!

I seen a lot of people there tonight. Looked to me like a popular event :) Can some things change? Who knows but guys give it a little bit of time this was day 1 of this event! Lets see some more responses from how players felt.

Rolling cheese down a hill will popular for the first time .......... People will turn up out of interest. It doesn't mean it was popular or good.

It's terrible to declare something must be popular, just because 40 people came to see what it looked like. How is it now ? Same as the "super popular" hasla event that is now dead ASF

There are 25 mobs at one time available there with the respawn time of 104 sec. If mobs are constantly killed it's almost 2600 mobs during the event. Each mob drops a stone. Accumulated stones can be exchanged to very good rewards.

Event was created as a pvp fight for the mobs, not the one for mobs free farm. Rewards are good, there are pretty many mobs at the location so fight for them or leave them for that 40 people and they will get a good profit, leaving others with nothing.
Come and win or loose a nice chance to obtain tokens for exchange to valuable items.

There are 25 mobs at one time available there with the respawn time of 104 sec. If mobs are constantly killed it's almost 2600 mobs during the event. Each mob drops a stone. Accumulated stones can be exchanged to very good rewards.

Event was created as a pvp fight for the mobs, not the one for mobs free farm. Rewards are good, there are pretty many mobs at the location so fight for them or leave them for that 40 people and they will get a good profit, leaving others with nothing.
Come and win or loose a nice chance to obtain tokens for exchange to valuable items.

It's an interesting position that you guys put yourselves in. On one hand, the event doesn't seem like it spawns enough mobs when there is a hundred players there. I mean, that's typically the response anyone would give when the amount of people outweighs the mob count 4 times. However, my friend, Testicruel, said that he got over 110 of the stones after farming for a short while. He got bored farming and stopped, but he easily could have gone longer, easily getting another 100 stones. That's two whole Lucky Sunpoints, or ~5k profit from 30 minutes of farming, which is actually insane.

So here is the actual dilemma, that which people are complaining about:
The spawnrate is normal and the amount of mobs is equal to the density of mobs in the area. When there are a lot of players, the density seems too small. When there are not a lot of players, the density seems too big. The amount of time the event lasts is 3 whole hours.

IMHO, this one seems pretty clear-cut. Players will never be satisfied. If you think there are too many players, then wait until some leave. Think of your favorite farming spot. Of course people know about it, and some people will farm it, but you don't come to the forums complaining about how your favorite farming spot is taken up by someone, do you?

I would just suggest that if this is supposed to be a pvp event then short its duration from 3hrs to 1:30hrs and double respawn rate of mobs. Same quantity of mobs/tokens but i would guess that it would be better overral since we would have more action instead of waiting for respawns.

I would just suggest that if this is supposed to be a pvp event then short its duration from 3hrs to 1:30hrs and double respawn rate of mobs. Same quantity of mobs/tokens but i would guess that it would be better overral since we would have more action instead of waiting for respawns.

Thank you for the suggestion. We'll take it under consideration. In case of any changes, server restart will be needed. Due to it, as for now, can confirm that next event, that is tomorrow, will be going in the same format.
For the next Friday Event will make sure to inform players if any changes are impemented.

Yes please.

Good to hear! Some ppl also suggested to make it a warzone. I dont know how hard it would be since theres always a rotatio of war/peace or war/conflict. Giving honor for kills would probably be an incentive for ppl to go there do pvps. :D

Good to hear! Some ppl also suggested to make it a warzone. I dont know how hard it would be since theres always a rotatio of war/peace or war/conflict. Giving honor for kills would probably be an incentive for ppl to go there do pvps. :D

We already checked this option but due to the timer set (war/peace) change, it's not possible to implement.

well as of right now i very much dislike the event mainly because i don't get to do it. it ends when i get home from work.

Thats the problem of playing mmo's tho. You'll miss content because they're timed. I can only join 1 mm in the week, but i can only accept it

Starting from the coming Friday 4/27 event will have the following testing changes:

- time changed from 3 hours to 1 hour. Event will start at 6 pm and end at 7 pm.
- mobs will respawn 3 times faster
- mobs location changed. Mobs will stand closer to each other.

Golden_Ruins-new location-1.jpg

I think there are a few problems with this event if you want it to be pvp orientated I think the rewards are given incorrectly. Right now you get rewards by receiving a token. You need to collect 100 tokens before you get a reward that is worth while. First off getting 100 token takes a long time in a group of 4-5 And it gets worse as the group gets larger . Now most people not all are at the event for the rewards not the pvp. So the best way to get them , is to solo the mobs. Thus the reward system does not inspire pvp. What I suggest is a reward system change. What I suggest something along the lines as create a. counter for each faction. Each mob killed counts towards points foreach faction. At the end it should spawn a boss or a chest whatever you desire for the winning faction. This would create a event where people are not given insensitive to kill mobs solo and focus on pvp and pve as agroup . Just an idea

Golden Ruins Defense was changed last week. Don't forget to visit today at 6 pm EST to check it out. Participate and get rewarded!

One suggestion I would like to see is have the event moved to north east section of diamond shores that no one uses (except bots). There is huge empty space with nothing but weak mobs/ bots. Diamond shores allows you to avoid the peace period while still having war zone. Imo it would be more fun getting honor for the pvp. Time of event may need a slight change if it was moved to diamond shores

Due to the low quantity of players visiting the event, event is stopped as for now to avoid mobs free farm by a small group of players. We'll keep players informed if any further changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back