What's new

[Game Event] Tavern of the Year (Summer season)

Don't forget. Today is the last day, so your last chance to introduce your Tavern or post a review. If you experience Technical issues, and may not be in time, please inform me.
@Kohina and @Meus, don't forget to post your videos.

Banana Cafe
You're bana-nuts to not be here!
IGN Alyrin
Nestled on top of a hill near Rockmar Barrow lies this quaint gem of a cafe. Like the name suggests, it is, indeed, banana-themed. Now where there is banana, a monkey will sure to be around. And boy oh boy were there a lot of monkeys.

It started off slow, with just a handful of people regaling tales of their adventure out in Auroria where seiges took place just before the party started, or the high seas, where they battled krackens and other legendary monsters in the ocean. During this time I met a fellow dwarf who recommended the tea they were serving, as well as a friendly Westie that recommended their rum. I tried both. I wasn't there to be a miser with the gold my associate gave me, after all! They were both delicious, as was the cheesecake the cafe gave as a sample.

banana.jpg

The chicken was, most likely, also made of banana.

The quiet ended as the cafe opened for its party. People of all races and nations ported in and immediately shouts greeting them could be heard. A pleasant chatter ensued as more people trickled in. Tira, in place of the mystery guest that couldn't make it, busted out her artistry mastery and played some music, which only added to the merriness of the atmosphere.

banana1.jpg

Around this point, I had to leave the party for a few minutes to attend to an urgent matter. But when I came back, the first of several brawls broke out. I'd been wondering why Gealach was standing by as a guard in a corner, but my silent wonderings came to an end as chants of "Fight! Fight! Fight!" rumbled from the bar, and people surrounded the brawlers in a circle as they duked it out while the staff tried calming them down.

APES.jpg

Oof! That right hook.
It ended somewhat peacefully, with both sides still on their feet. But this seemed to activate the monkey side of people's brains, and throughout the party spats of friendly brawls started and ended relatively quickly, with Gealach having to take care of most of them before they got out of hand.

apes again.jpg

RIP
The party ended with an all out fight between the nations, but we managed a few seconds of civility for a photo of everyone together.
banana2.jpg

Well... almost.
banana3.jpg

Take 2. It's tiny but that was the only way everyone could fit. :<
Though, of course as soon as that was over, another fight started. Because monkey brains.
apesss.jpg

At least no one will say it didn't end with a literal bang.
All in all, this was a messy, but fun end to my submissions for this event! I couldn't have asked for a better party. Exellent job, you heckin' apes <3

Alyrin, signing out. o/

I couldn't export my video in time, but I figured I'd post it anyways:

Now I know which video editing program to never use again.

Good luck to all the other entries! :)

The moment we all waited for... Our winners ;)

Best summer Taverns:
1st place
- @Kohina and Banana Café
2nd place - @bribooth and M&N Tavern
3rd place - @Ves and The Dragon's Roost

A little surprise for our other participants. Your taverns were amazing as well, and owners of that unique places also deserve a reward.
A title of Tavern owner is also awarded to:
- @Drunkenhero and Hero Brewing Company
-
@Grobella and The Adventure Tavern
- @Ganguskahn and Belching Beaver
- @Meus and Lilypond Tavern

We've also got some very nice reviews on the Taverns parties. For the great journalist work we are happy to award:
1st place - @Vexeris
2nd place - @wolfieon

PS. All the rewards will be sent tomorrow morning.

Back