What's new

[Game Event] Tavern of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Wednesday, Feb 7th at 11pm server time (ie est)
The Official Grand Opening of The Tipsy Crow
Drinks, Dancing, Music

hTtwaeWg.jpg

North Rookborne, near crafter​
Oh please send me a mail in game to remind me of the time and location and I will do my best to attend!

Please Don't Drown
is glad to invite you to the grand opening!
Monday, Feb 5th, 4pm server time (22:00 CET)
Including:
  • free buffet - whatever floats onto your table is free to eat!
  • cheap drinks!
  • multiple levels of fun!

YfH1rqs.png

Solzreed, marine housing zone, south from Lacton (3rd house on the left)

Sea You There!
xOqVMuc.png

[More pics]

Wdeg1bn.png

Join us for our Grand Opening

Saturday, February 10th at 7 PM EST!

and then go to Mistmerrow

iOuSSLP.png

And for my few fellow RPers -

Scattered across bulletin boards across several major cities in Nuia, a flyer begins to appear. The first few are torn down, but the poster is persistent, and seems to have quite a few to spare...

LUiBcbY.png

To accommodate the amount of different timezones on the server, I'll be hosting an RP meet-and-greet starting at 5 PM EST, and I'll be sticking around after the official server-wide event is over (and probably well into the evening) for anyone else who might want to drop by. For more info, contact me (IGN: Elyn) or hop into the relatively unused Discord server: https://discord.gg/M9XQcrE

If you're East and want to drop by, send me a mail or get in contact outside of game; we'll figure something out :D

72aQGci.jpg

byik9IF.jpg

yLHAGDE.jpg

UhwwDmt.jpg

I'm sorry I'm so bad at photoshop

Just a reminder, my tavern party is TONIGHT! Sanddeep bungalow housing area, right next to the Nui, 7 PM EST. Fruit punch and candy for everyone!

So, while I couldn't record a video of the grand opening of my tavern, I figured a picture story couldn't hurt!

It started as a quiet evening when a few randos came strolling in...
cq3kU0O.jpg

Imagine my horror when I, a simple barkeep, was accosted by people in pyjamas!
VhjHKgZ.jpg

Soon there was even a 'private dancer' performing for us...
9QU8joX.jpg

Enough was enough! Hospitable though I tried to be, I just had to send them on their way. But these ruffians wouldn't stop there, oh no. They dragged some poor soul's rowboat into the ocean just to drown it! (And a hauler, too...)
dgdl4hU.jpg

Ended up having to chase the kids off my lawn.
NburIRg.jpg

But it all ended peacefully after a while, whether soaking up the sun for a bit...
1W7MJtr.jpg

...or just relaxing with friends for a quiet evening and some drinks.
ekSsQFU.jpg

Thanks for all the fun, everyone!​

Still possible to be a reporter if the parties are already over?

You can be a reporter if you were participating in one of the parties and took the screenshots of it. If there are any parties are still coming, you can participate in them. We have almost 1 week more till the Event end. Any player that has a Tavern can have a party in it not just once but as many times as he wants, so you can discuss the question of party repeat with any of Tavern owners we have now.

Here's the summary of the Black Rat Tavern grand opening :D

Big Thanks to all that came and made it a day to remember!
Huge shout out to Kanye and Footlong for hosting the party with me and a moment of silence for the thousands of buffalo we slaughtered to pay for the tavern </3

Serving some drinks to customers at the bar:
ScreenShot0186.jpg

Once the guest's were sufficiently tanked we headed upstairs to the V.I.P area for some music and merry making:
ScreenShot0178.jpg

After getting down in the V.I.P area we jumped in the spa pool to cool off while we enjoyed an exciting fireworks display:
ScreenShot0195.jpg

ScreenShot0192.jpg ScreenShot0201.jpg ScreenShot0194.jpg

A visitor parked his slick looking whip out front:
ScreenShot0204.jpg

After the main festivities were over we relaxed in the tub and talked about our tales as adventurers:
ScreenShot0209.jpg

As the party wound down the left over guests headed to the orgy tower to let off some steam:
ScreenShot0108.jpg

Night began to fall so I headed up the hill to my cottage and managed to bring a fine looking young firran girl with me:
ScreenShot0216.jpg

All and all the party was a great success!

Don't worry if you missed out on the party. We are having an after party in the week following the announcement of the winners of the tavern of the year competition. Send me a letter in game and I'll be sure to reply with the time and date.

Here's a rough video edit of the party, I tried to compress a couple hours of party into ten minutes. The video and pictures really don't do it any justice:

Last edited:
Welcome to the Salty Beauxfir!
"Fresh tears served daily"

The Salty Beauxfir, established in 1918, has had its much anticipated grand re-opening after extensive renovations and upgrades in the past few weeks. The Salty Beauxfir specialized in its brand name draught, Salty Tears, made with 100% real ingredients which is lovingly crafted and bottled in house, by the friendly and helpful staff.

Located near the road in White Arden, it is a perfect location for a weary traveler, while the grand bed located in the upstairs bedroom allow those who wish to spend the night to enjoy the best sleep money can buy.

For those traveling with their significant other, the mezzanine located just off the bedroom allows for a romantic breakfast or dinner overlooking the picturesque scenery of White Arden.

Make sure to drop by for a drink, a smoke, or a snuggle any time you are in the area. The doors will always remain open to the public at the Salty Beauxfir!

Note: I was only able to attend one tavern party, so I only have one report to post. Sorry!

On the February 7th, 2018 at 10:00pm PST, I attended the Black Rat Tavern grand opening party. It was a fun party that lasted for hours with a lot of drinking and dancing, so much that I nearly forgot to document the event.

As advertised, the tavern was conveniently located right next to the general merchants. The path to the tavern was adorned with rose bushes, so it was easy to find the entrance.

16ad5b5473.jpg

As I approached the building, I took a close look at the yard. The area around the tavern was decorated with various flowers and medicinal herbs. Directly under the staircase leading into the first floor, there was what appeared to be a lotus pillar surrounded by the same colorful vegetation. Although seemingly insignificant, this small attention to detail made the tavern feel more complete compared to other decorated buildings.

eb85b1e64e.jpg

Once inside the establishment, I was impressed by the interior decor. There was ample seating next to the fireplace and at the bar counter. The second floor displayed a creative use of housing decor that made the room pop. The colors fit well with each other and with the logo of the tavern. The interior made the establishment felt homey, but professional. It definitely felt like a place where I could go to unwind with some friends.

b8f9db2d70.jpg

I was a bit skeptical of the establishment at the beginning, as there were only a handful of people in attendance and an attempted robbery. But once more people started to show up, my worries were washed away with an ice, cold bottle of honey liquor. There were plenty of drinks to go around, served by the tavern hosts themselves. Although there was a decent range of prices for liquor, I would have liked to see a non-alcoholic option on the menu. I was a little disappointed at the small selection of food options and would recommend that the tavern owners include one or two more food items, even if they are on the pricier side.

b90bbf9cdd.jpg

At this point, my memory is a little hazy. All I can remember is that there was plenty of singing, dancing, and fireworks in the V.I.P. area on the second floor. The hosts mingled with the guests the entire time to ensure our time at the tavern was enjoyable. I was so drunk that I might have ended up following someone home. Anyways, I enjoyed my time at the Black Rat Tavern so much that I ended up becoming a Black Rat member myself, and now I'm able to enjoy this tavern's fine facilities at any time.

dafe25db56.jpg

Interior/Exterior Decor: 5/5
The interior of the tavern had a creative use of decor items and exerted a "homey, but professional" feel. The exterior had great attention to detail on the yard that made the tavern feel complete.

Atmosphere/Service: 4/5
The hosts personally served food and drinks and mingled with all the attendees to ensure they had an enjoyable time at the tavern. Although some of the guests were a bit unruly, there was a lot of music and dancing that made the night fun.

Food/Beverages: 4/5

There was a good selection of alcoholic drinks with a decent range of prices. Although there was a food menu, I would have liked to see one or two more food options available, even if they were more pricey.

Overall: 4/5

With good hospitality and an adequate menu, this tavern is a fun spot to have a few drinks with friends. I would recommend this place to anyone who needs a place to unwind!

Note: I was only able to attend one tavern party, so I only have one report to post. Sorry!

On the February 7th, 2018 at 10:00pm PST, I attended the Black Rat Tavern grand opening party. It was a fun party that lasted for hours with a lot of drinking and dancing, so much that I nearly forgot to document the event.

As advertised, the tavern was conveniently located right next to the general merchants. The path to the tavern was adorned with rose bushes, so it was easy to find the entrance.

16ad5b5473.jpg

As I approached the building, I took a close look at the yard. The area around the tavern was decorated with various flowers and medicinal herbs. Directly under the staircase leading into the first floor, there was what appeared to be a lotus pillar surrounded by the same colorful vegetation. Although seemingly insignificant, this small attention to detail made the tavern feel more complete compared to other decorated buildings.

eb85b1e64e.jpg

Once inside the establishment, I was impressed by the interior decor. There was ample seating next to the fireplace and at the bar counter. The second floor displayed a creative use of housing decor that made the room pop. The colors fit well with each other and with the logo of the tavern. The interior made the establishment felt homey, but professional. It definitely felt like a place where I could go to unwind with some friends.

b8f9db2d70.jpg

I was a bit skeptical of the establishment at the beginning, as there were only a handful of people in attendance and an attempted robbery. But once more people started to show up, my worries were washed away with an ice, cold bottle of honey liquor. There were plenty of drinks to go around, served by the tavern hosts themselves. Although there was a decent range of prices for liquor, I would have liked to see a non-alcoholic option on the menu. I was a little disappointed at the small selection of food options and would recommend that the tavern owners include one or two more food items, even if they are on the pricier side.

b90bbf9cdd.jpg

At this point, my memory is a little hazy. All I can remember is that there was plenty of singing, dancing, and fireworks in the V.I.P. area on the second floor. The hosts mingled with the guests the entire time to ensure our time at the tavern was enjoyable. I was so drunk that I might have ended up following someone home. Anyways, I enjoyed my time at the Black Rat Tavern so much that I ended up becoming a Black Rat member myself, and now I'm able to enjoy this tavern's fine facilities at any time.

dafe25db56.jpg

Interior/Exterior Decor: 5/5
The interior of the tavern had a creative use of decor items and exerted a "homey, but professional" feel. The exterior had great attention to detail on the yard that made the tavern feel complete.

Atmosphere/Service: 4/5
The hosts personally served food and drinks and mingled with all the attendees to ensure they had an enjoyable time at the tavern. Although some of the guests were a bit unruly, there was a lot of music and dancing that made the night fun.

Food/Beverages: 4/5

There was a good selection of alcoholic drinks with a decent range of prices. Although there was a food menu, I would have liked to see one or two more food options available, even if they were more pricey.

Overall: 4/5

With good hospitality and an adequate menu, this tavern is a fun spot to have a few drinks with friends. I would recommend this place to anyone who needs a place to unwind!

That's fine. One is still a result. Accepted.

All!

Tomorrow is the last date when you can participate and post your results. Please post till the end of 2/19. Thread will be locked after for final decision on the winners.

At the very last minute, in with the video save!

Also added all of the content to my post. Thanks everyone for attending and helping us achieve success in our launch! And good luck to my fellow participants :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back