What's new

Game starting issues

Fraze

Good morning,

I recently downloded ArcheRage. The launcher has finished all the updates. However, when i click on play, the game starts with the following screen. But few seconds later it closes it self without any error message. This happened everytime i tried to launch the game.
upload_2019-3-31_10-16-0.png

My PC is on Windows 8.1.
My anti virus is activated.

Thanks in advance.

im getting the same thing but im running windows 10, if I click repair it wants to download 18gb's of stuff which on my connection speed will take forever and if past experience with the repair option are anything to go by wont work anyway

Do a repair, if it doesn't work reinstall and update your graphics drivers. If they are upto date roll them back a version to see if it works then

I'm getting the exact same issue, and it's occurring on both of my pc's. i added the game to my exceptions list, completely wiped and reinstalled on multiple drives, updated my drivers, switched dx9 to dx11 and back, still same result. killed my data for last month working on this. i have 1 pc on win 7 and the other on win 10

also forgot to mention that i installed official AA after all this testing and it works without any hiccups on both pc's

I'm getting the exact same issue, and it's occurring on both of my pc's. i added the game to my exceptions list, completely wiped and reinstalled on multiple drives, updated my drivers, switched dx9 to dx11 and back, still same result. killed my data for last month working on this. i have 1 pc on win 7 and the other on win 10

Did you try to return to more older version of drivers instead of updating them?
Another player had similar issue and problem was in his driver. You can check it HERE.

A couple of members of my guild are running into an issue where the game starts, but they're hitting a black screen. Sounds are all playing but nothing is showing up on screen. They've both reinstalled the game from scratch, repaired, even changed the system.cfg file parameters to load in DX9. I was wondering if anyone else has run into the same issue.

A couple of members of my guild are running into an issue where the game starts, but they're hitting a black screen. Sounds are all playing but nothing is showing up on screen. They've both reinstalled the game from scratch, repaired, even changed the system.cfg file parameters to load in DX9. I was wondering if anyone else has run into the same issue.
Can be something with drivers or cache. Try to clear cache: go to C:\ArcheAge\Documents and remove folder’s content (ctrl+A -> delete).
If doesn't help, update your drivers or try an older version of them.

update: I tried rolling back drivers already, and that was before i even updated them. but i had a friend of mine from another city try to log into my account, and when they did, it did the same to them: game would crash out. then he couldn't log back into his account until he reinstalled again. Could there somehow be something tied to my account specifically? my other pc was working with the update with my wife's account, but when i tried logging in with my account on her pc, it did the same thing

I got the same thing that happened to me. I turned off firewall and AV and downloaded the whole thing. it got rid of that, but now the game just loads so slow.. Load screens are so long for anything.

Game is finally working for me. I logged in under my wife's name after having downloaded the game from another source, and it ran. I logged out and back in with my account and haven't had an issue since. it was really weird that each working pc my account was logged into would somehow corrupt the game. Or it's one hell of a coincidence

Thanks everyone.

Quick Update : I tried to repair but didn't work. Then the update came out and i tried to update but couldn't finish the last update step. So i uninstalled and deleted everything and restarted the launcher to download it. Still waiting for the end of download.

When you asked me about the drivers, i realised that i haven't updated them since last year haha.. However it wasn't working anyway..
I hope this time it would work !

Final update : I uninstalled all and reinstalled everything from the beginning. It is working now. Thanks for your help :D.

Back