What's new

Hacker Hunting Guide

Raistlin

Step I : Use Fraps or similar software whenever you are in the game.

Step II: Press record while the suspected hacker is in your vicinity or targeted.

Step III: Convert your video clip with "HD Video Converter Factory" for example

Step IV: Upload the video on youtube or any other video database.

Step V: Link your screenshots or videos in the "Tickets"

Step VI:Watch him get banned, and have a better ArcheRage experience

To suspect someone is hacking ,he should be doing any of these things or similar :

Being bellow the terrain, behind textures and untargetable
Being well above the map in the sky with no glider
Using various speed hacks that allow him or his vehicle to move way faster constantly, or let him be ported/blinked around with or without vehicle, and in stealth ,while not getting out of the stealth
Taking a land demolition, placing a design, without actually being there, in the 15m vicinity ,or being in stealth
Taking every land demolition ,can mean the usage of macro or clicking software
Duping, doubling items and posting them in large amounts on auction
Being able to target you from very far at Any moment
Being able to pass through terrain
Having many regrades that were successful in short period of time, example- 3xdivine/2xepic etc

And than there are always multiple accounts:

If someone is having a large estate and one person is planting on all of it ,it is suspicious, but not obligatory that he has multiple accounts
but
If multiple characters with no guild are working as mules for that one main,
at the same time
That there is bannable.
As well as using several vehicles linked on follow with all of them being run by one person.
Loading merchant ship ,or freighter ,with alt that has no gear, nor is in a guild, while your main is sitting at the the steering wheel is also obvious way to get banned.

Many other examples, of both hacking and multiclient behaviour,
for people who do not find the 14.5k labor per day , enough

or this game being too good for them.

Good luck hunting !

If you suspect someone using hacks or having multiple accounts, but still do not have enough proof of that.
Post it in the comments here ,so that others may pay attention while near them, and get them recorded on time.

I'd also like to add, anyone using an Nvidia graphics card can install "Geforce Experience". Which has a DVR mode that allows you to save the last 5 minutes of gameplay by clicking "Alt + Z". Therefore you won't have to always be recording and can save the last 5 minutes anytime you see a hacker, so you won't have to try to catch him cheating again.

Good luck :D

Be sure to pat yourself on the back too when you nab a cheater. Everyone on the server appreciates it (except the cheaters, of course).

I do err on the side of caution with witchhunts, though. Don't let a witch hunt become harassment without solid proof.

No doubt, solid proof is what keeps us civilized people apart from the savages. Make sure you know the dynamics of what you're reporting the person for and don't just start whirling accusations.

I'd also like to add, anyone using an Nvidia graphics card can install "Geforce Experience". Which has a DVR mode that allows you to save the last 5 minutes of gameplay by clicking "Alt + Z". Therefore you won't have to always be recording and can save the last 5 minutes anytime you see a hacker, so you won't have to try to catch him cheating again.

Good luck :D
For people that don't have an Nvidia graphics card OBS has this function also and the software is free.

If multiple characters with no guild are working as mules for that one main,
at the same time

That one is not always true. There are plenty of reasons why someone would not want to join a guild in this game. On live there were spys in guilds that would tell their red friends or green pirates when trade runs were going to happen, especially if you were trying to do a trade run over seas. Sometimes the guilds would demand donations and did not care that you needed your resources to gear yourself up and then the guild would disband a few months later with the leader keeping all of the donation gold.

One previous guild I was in would get into doms with other guilds and they would expect you to drop everything you are doing to run and fight and if you could not fight because you are under geared, then you had to sit at the nui for a hour. That is not a way I would want to spend my game time. The same guild would pull me into doing this, that or the other for them no matter what time of night I got on. The GL would whisper me "are you there" every time I got on. I could not even farm the little 8 x 8 that I had. This woman who ran the guild was particularly goofy because she invited people in a raid just so she could see what people were doing and if you left the raid she would re invite you. >.<

I was also in a player nation for a time where the nation leader was the same way by getting us into all of these pointless pvp fights and not giving us a chance to farm so we could get some better gear. Then she would yell at us when we complained that we weren't geared enough to get into all of these fights. The last thing I am going to do is throw thousands of dollars into a game so I can "git gud" at pvp.

If you were in a guild people were more likely to attack you if you were out farming. Even if you were not bothering anyone way off to the side.

Also there are guilds that would dom other guilds for packs on live. Doing a trade run in a safe zone became dangerous.

Those experiences really turned me off to joining any guild.

Last edited:
Back