What's new

Help choosing class.

Kei Valiant

I know zero about the game but since a friend is starting here I decided to tag along and after watching quite a few videos, I'm none the wiser.

So these are the things I want of the character:
It must be quite durable and be able to off tank in an emergency.
It must be able to support/heal others when crossing paths with other players.
It must be able to farm mobs by itself, without always needing parties to do things that can be easily soloed.

I don't intend to be the kind of person that go attack other factions, I wanna be the kind person helping people achieve the things they want.

How can I achieve that?
... please help me put my intent in the shape of a character.

K.~

Paladin (battlerage, defence, vitalism)
Fairy easy to play, gearing can be a bit of a challenge as clubs aren't great for damage and plate is challenging to set up.

Templar (defence, vitalism, auramacy)
Tanky main healer, better cc breaks and can solo with holybolt. Cloth is better choice but same issues as plate for defence balance.

Druid (archery, defence, auramancy)
Off healer, good in back lines, solos well. Leather gear, actually not terrible difficult to optimize gear as obsidian short spear is awesome. Fairly balanced defence and cc breaks.

Ranger (archery, shadowplay, auramancy)
Off healer, less tanky better mobility and stealth as options. Similar to druid for gear.
Check the buff archery thread for more details on last 2 classes.

Now the Paladin is what you are descrybing with obsidian short spear but here is where everything good that Takai said ends ignore everything else in his post Archery Def/shadoqplay auramancy - this combinations have zero heals and are as far away from you are describing as possible.

As second suggestion for a class just so you have some alternative to the paladin I would offer Herald (Battle Rage + Auramancy + Songcraft) - it is not off tank but could easilly use the same obsidian short spear as the paladin and in leather set is great support for others while still able to do the solo content without problems.

Downcaller is good option too (battle rage, def, songcraft) - could use the exact same gear as the paladin adn offers far better support with all the song buffs and heals but without auramancy you should be careful with your mana but then the paladin has the same problem

Back