• Yes

Votes: 133 93.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disrep

Hello everyone. There seems to be heavy discussion about changing the socket rate for honor gems, or possibly making them refined gems. The thread can be viewed here https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?threads/change-the-odds-for-socketing.4040/

However there is a key thing that people forget about when it comes to changing something like this. If you increase the honor socket rate, you devalue honor. A big portion of honor sink comes from the rng involved in these gems, keeping it balanced. Eventually honor becomes dirt cheap, and incentive to go and farm honor becomes much lower. I've been discussing with over 300+ people, multiple guilds in discord about this change, and I think we as the community came up with a better fix. This fix is aimed to help multiple aspects of the game, such as
  1. Create another honor sink that is not based on rng. Having honor sinks in things that are consumable and tradable is healthier for the server, both in the short and long run.
  2. Create more world pvp because now honor has an actual incentive and monetary gain.
  3. Moving items from the merit/loyalty shop that aren't worth the cost and putting them into the honor shop at a reasonable price
  4. Keep strong items out of paywalls
  5. Keep honor from devaluing too hard as the server progresses.

This will be a long forum post with a faq at the end to hopefully help questions on why specific things are in there.

Honor Shop Changes

Here are the changes that im proposing.

• All honor socket rates increased to 70% per gem, OR make the gems work like refined. Whichever is easier
  • Take out all gems except the highest tier gems, they serve no purpose
  • Add Grimores to the honor shop, keep them out of random events and rng boxes (will be explained in FAQ)
  • Add loyalty items that are not worth farming loyalty for because there's too many other valuable things to go for
  • Add tradable costumes to honor shop, as the only way to get tradable ones is with prestige
  • Add Merit badge items that are not worth farming merit badges for be cause there's too many other valuable things to go for
  • Add tradable serpendipty stones. Having to wait a month for one on a no alt server is far too long.
Here is the shop with pictures. Keep in mind these prices are suggestions. If prices are an issue, we are more than happy to discuss them

33663534f2.png

a3df0cd9b8.png

f0c69446f9.png

f137bbae95.png

8e80be6c77.png

FAQ

Why
bd3079808a.png
?

• The only ways to get axis mundi is through merit badges, or a (basically impossible) drop from haunted chests. There is no alts, or two servers here, so the amount of axis mundis coming into the game is abysmally low.
  • Ayanad Cloaks are what these are used for. In addition to Axis Mundi, you need 800 warrior medals and close to 1k gold in materials to complete this. This is too much of a grind, especially for a private server.
  • Grimores are very strong buffs, with limited accessibility. Once an event goes away, these grimores spike up in price leaving it not accessible to majority of the population.
  • Taking these buffs out of events in favor of something else and putting them in the honor shop serves as a source of money that can be gained from honor, promoting more world pvp, honor queues, going out to events such as mistmerrow/halcyona/luscas/abyssal. All tradable buffs are 1000 in price due to them being good buffs.
Why
7265970a22.png

• Loyalty is very sensitive at the moment. It works well on live servers because alts exist. Items the Astral Lunadrops, mounts, and other loyalty items are introduced into the game at a higher rate. I think I've seen 3 max on the ah after 3 weeks of watching for these. It's not worth the loyalty spent, but is worth it if put in the honor shop.
Why
fc98eb139d.png

• Very similar reason to the point I stated above. Buying these with 625 loyalty is insane for a mount like this. If possible we would like to keep these out of rng boxes and add other things like costumes (people will drop crazy amounts of money for costumes).
  • Steel lightning was not added because it would devalue Hanure mount. We don't want a world boss becoming useless.
cab7a61497.png
371dcbeed3.png
Are both higher than the Griffins and Pegasus. Why?

• All 4 of the flying mounts do not add any tactical advantage aside from no turbulance in the water. You move far slower than an actual no turbulence glider. Things like Kraken and Red Dragon glider will not lose their value.
  • Shayeera has 3 dashes, one which is an invincibility. It also has a stealth.
  • Dread Steed works like a Black Arrow, except better.
  • Both of these mounts are 11.5 base, making their use much higher
Why
775eb66ba1.png

• The pet is good, but its not broken. Strongest part about it is its distress, taunt, and stun. The level 25 wolf pet has a trip, as well as a taunt. A polar bear is tankier, and has a trip and a taunt.
  • This monkey pet is not worth the 625 loyalty, there's other pets that do what it does, but better.
Why
24b77b812e.png

• Same as the other reasons in loyalty. These are never on the auction house, and I'm sure the people who do pop these feel the pain as they have to spend 20 loyalty every time.
71a3259dfb.png
Are already in daily log in tracker!
  • They are, however i feel we could completely take them out of the log in tracker and replace them with the warrior medals that we liked before. Good buffs, but I think they can be put somewhere else, like the honor shop

With all this being said, the hope is to create more open world pvp by making honor valuable aside from just gems. If you increase the socket rate for gems, there needs to be an sufficient honor sink in replace of the influx of honor.

TLDR
  • More open world pvp
  • More use for honor aside from gems
  • Make money off of pvp

Let me know what you guys think. Discuss!

Last edited:
  • All honor socket rates increased to 70% per gem, OR make the gems work like refined. Whichever is easier

As someone who has been discussing this pretty heavily with Disrep, I belive the latter option here is better.
This is just a matter of opinion, but here's why I think it's the best option :

Increasing the price of Honor Gems and making them work like Refined gems (They only break themselves and not all the gems you have on your gear) would allow for players to :
  • Not get the insanely frustrating breaking of gems. Spending 30k honor on a piece of gear to have it end up with LESS gems than the ones it already has ? That's a big no no.
  • Ending up being unable to PvP for a while because you break all your gems ? Nuh-uh. That makes gemming a gamble, forces you to stack up huge amount of honors to even ATTEMPT to get more gems.
Changing it to be as expensive BUT not frustating sounds like the best option to me.
I believe you can change this, I've worked as a dev before, and I know that usually, this sort of thing is just a flag in database.
Technically it is doable, now we just need more opinions on that.

What this change implies in terms of things to change :

1. Change the honor gems to work like refined gems
  2. Increase the honor gem price slightly
  3. Reduce the socketing chance

The reason why you reduce the chances instead of just boost the price is to allow for new players to get the first 2-3 gems in fast, and have to spend more for the rest of them.

To elaborate on the chances for gems after this change, this is what I think would be fair :

1st gem : 100%
2nd : 70%
3rd : 30%
4th : 10%
5th and over : 5%

Last edited:
Good ideas overall. My 2 cents :

Axis Mundi should be AT LEAST 200k honor.
70% increase is a bit much imho. I would rather see a 5% chance of success for each honor lunagem and make them unbreakeable.

As someone has farmers merit since I started the server and am still 100 away fro axis mundi...this price should be set a lot higher. should take at least a month of hording honor to get. Everyone around you will have battle scrolls and grims from honor, but you'll be saving for that legendary cloak.

As a whole though I like the idea.

70% increase is a bit much imho. I would rather see a 5% chance of success for each honor lunagem and make them unbreakeable.

No. The goal is to create more pvp and incentives to farm honor. making lunagems unbreakable means less spent honor on gems.

No. The goal is to create more pvp and incentives to farm honor. making lunagems unbreakable means less spent honor on gems.
As I said in my post, this would make sense as long as you reduce the chances and increase the price of the gems. It would even out in the end

If you make gems unbreakable, they should keep their current odds but cost something like 5k-7k instead of 770. It'd be a decent trade-off.

As far as serendipity stones, I disagree. This change only benefits whales. Outside of massive fucking whales, few people really have to worry about re-rolling their mythic costume stats right now. If you bring serendipity stones as tradeable, you need to bring higher-tier synthium stones to the honour shop as well.

For everything else, I agree.

If you make gems unbreakable, they should keep their current odds but cost something like 5k-7k instead of 770. It'd be a decent trade-off.

As far as serendipity stones, I disagree. This change only benefits whales. Outside of massive fucking whales, few people really have to worry about re-rolling their mythic costume stats right now. If you bring serendipity stones as tradeable, you need to bring higher-tier synthium stones to the honour shop as well.

Actually, not having tradable serpendipity stones I feel benifits whales even more. The only people who are rerolling costume stats are whales because serpendipity stones are so rare, its just not worth spending the money on it.

current rate is 50% supposedly

Actually, not having tradable serpendipity stones I feel benifits whales even more. The only people who are rerolling costume stats are whales because serpendipity stones are so rare, its just not worth spending the money on it.
^this. its necessary for them to be in honor shop BECAUSE the only people who need them right now are whales, and because the supply is so incredibly limited. whales are buying all of them up for a small chunk of change because the rest of us need the gold and dont need the stones just yet. i do agree though, synthium stones should be moved from loyalty shop into honor shop. spending tens of loyalty on stones is nuts. spending honor on it makes perfect sense. this game has always been missing that "PvP in order to increase your ability to PvP" aspect. these changes would help that a lot imo.

^this. its necessary for them to be in honor shop BECAUSE the only people who need them right now are whales, and because the supply is so incredibly limited. whales are buying all of them up for a small chunk of change because the rest of us need the gold and dont need the stones just yet. i do agree though, synthium stones should be moved from loyalty shop into honor shop. spending tens of loyalty on stones is nuts. spending honor on it makes perfect sense. this game has always been missing that "PvP in order to increase your ability to PvP" aspect. these changes would help that a lot imo.
The only way to reroll is to pay off people you can trust with a 20k+ costume to reroll the stat. TERRIBLE!

I agree there needs to be another way to get serependipity stones beside loyalty and login badges.

You dont only reroll mythic costumes lol

I'd eat my left foot if we could buy Serendipity stones for honor. Don't just make them tradable; let us buy them for honor!

@Ulfnaor The stones can be used on costumes Arcane and above.. I've already used two and mine is only Celest.
Please ^ waiting months to reroll a costume is frustrating.

Why dont we just put all the honor shop stuff into the vocation shop and then we all can go around with full gemed gear, even carebears, make it an option in the poll plz so we can get closer to normalized gear in AR.
#CarebearLivesMatter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back