What's new

I have a question about this private server

Kinzzoo

a guy from archeage's reddit told me about this server and i just had a question to ask i couldn't find the answer any where is this safe ? like can XL GAMES or TRION take this server down ? like what if the word gets out like a wanna tell my friends they were so sad because such a good game is dying because of Trions greediness

They can try.
Even if they have initiated the process already, it will take a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to be taken down.

a guy from archeage's reddit told me about this server and i just had a question to ask i couldn't find the answer any where is this safe ? like can XL GAMES or TRION take this server down ? like what if the word gets out like a wanna tell my friends they were so sad because such a good game is dying because of Trions greediness

There is no official word from the Administration here or the developers BUT from what we can see so far no the server cannot be shut down. The server isn't in America so it's not subject to American law only Canadian Laws and I believe it's in a special part of Canada in Quebec where they have different copyright laws n such.

The people who run it are out of the Republic of Tonga which don't recognize copyright laws at all so XL or TRION can issue all the DMCA's they want it won't get recognized and will just be ignored. If the server is ever taken down it won't be hard for them to just re-implement the server again because they'll still have all their backups of the data only difference is the server would be in a new location. I don't think the server will go anywhere because even tho TRION has the rights in NA and parts of EU they don't have any control in Canada and the only person who could really push for something would be XL Games and I don't think they really care.

There is no official word from the Administration here or the developers BUT from what we can see so far no the server cannot be shut down. The server isn't in America so it's not subject to American law only Canadian Laws and I believe it's in a special part of Canada in Quebec where they have different copyright laws n such.

The people who run it are out of the Republic of Tonga which don't recognize copyright laws at all so XL or TRION can issue all the DMCA's they want it won't get recognized and will just be ignored. If the server is ever taken down it won't be hard for them to just re-implement the server again because they'll still have all their backups of the data only difference is the server would be in a new location. I don't think the server will go anywhere because even tho TRION has the rights in NA and parts of EU they don't have any control in Canada and the only person who could really push for something would be XL Games and I don't think they really care.
Can you stop spreading the "Republic of Tonga" bullshit?

Can you stop spreading the "Republic of Tonga" bullshit?

Ummm no? I'm being accurate unless the Administration has said otherwise if you actually look up the domains country codes .to is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of the island kingdom of Tonga. We don't actually know where the admins or staff is from everyone has just gone with Tonga because that's where the domain is from so I'd assume there's some kind of validity there otherwise why do they have .to? why not some other country? Hmmm??

IF Canada is out of the "Trino Nightmare Area" why don't start any better company Official Canadian server. Trino is a little bit incompetent and they target small Group of players (big customers, whales). Being competitive vs Trino is not hard thing. Just offer real and different options for average customers who pay 10-50 dollars/month and not 500-1500 dollars!

Ummm no? I'm being accurate unless the Administration has said otherwise if you actually look up the domains country codes .to is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of the island kingdom of Tonga. We don't actually know where the admins or staff is from everyone has just gone with Tonga because that's where the domain is from so I'd assume there's some kind of validity there otherwise why do they have .to? why not some other country? Hmmm??
I don't know if you're being dumb on purpose or what
https://domaintyper.com/top-websites/most-popular-websites-with-to-domain

www.tawk.to -> Not situated in Tonga, is it?

They are situated in Russia, just because the domain is a ccTLD of Tonga doesn't mean they live in Tonga jesus.

IF Canada is out of the "Trino Nightmare Area" why don't start any better company Official Canadian server. Trino is a little bit incompetent and they target small Group of players (big customers, whales). Being competitive vs Trino is not hard thing. Just offer real and different options for average customers who pay 10-50 dollars/month and not 500-1500 dollars!

Starting an official server would require the ArcheRage team to most likely discuss some sorta deal with XL Games like TRION did and there would be an official contract and legal stuff etc.. probably to much work for ArcheRage AND XL Games still controls the game and stuff.. even with TRION they don't control development they only control the marketplace.

Starting an official server would require the ArcheRage team to most likely discuss some sorta deal with XL Games like TRION did and there would be an official contract and legal stuff etc.. probably to much work for ArcheRage AND XL Games still controls the game and stuff.. even with TRION they don't control development they only control the marketplace.

"any better company" :D
I know nothing about this team here. Company or just some friends?
edit: and I wrote "official" server. You know: it has a rights to make business with this game.

Soren is the lead dev and he's from Russia.
Enough we need to know

So all the other staff doesn't matter?? lol? that's kinda just making assumptions now. Just because ONE GUY or their lead dev is from Russia doesn't mean all of them are.

Edit: Something else on the legal side of things.. It doesn't matter if you live in another country but have domain or servers in another. The laws go from where things are based which is most likely WHY they choose a .to domain because it can't be DMCA'ed since Tonga doesn't recognize Copyright.

Because why would someone from outside Russia be trusted by Soren?

Long term friends? Family? idk.. I played EVE for 10 years and some of the most people I trusted lived in the UK and other European countries but I live in America. Just because they don't live in Russia doesn't mean they automatically can't be trusted.

Giving people thousands of dollars worth of internet spaceships is serious business :p

All I'm saying is look at the other side.. just because one person is from Russia doesn't mean all of them are and their's a specific reason they picked .to over other domains they have to protect themselves legally from DMCA's n such etc.. I'm not here to start arguments n shit.

Trion will shut this server down tomorrow and then people who mega whaled will move on to Club Penguin. That's a fact.
Good luck with that

Attachments

• Screenshot_10.png
    Screenshot_10.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 817
Back