What's new

Linux Wine

Ganzenger

Running ArcheRage on Linux, and a bit buggy but less buggy than the "Other Version". The setup I am using is more out of habit from other games, so might have went a little over kill on some of the options.

Setup:
Kubuntu 18 LTS
Play On Linux
Windows 7 Emulation
GLSL Support Enable
Direct Draw Renderer OpenGL
Video Memory Size 4096
Wine 2.17-Staging
Microsoft Core Fonts
Crypt32
DXFullSetup
GDIPlus
VBRun6
VCRun6

Bugs Work Around's Ect,

- Out of Memory Error on Loader
Just ignore it and click OK it still runs.

- Screen Vomits On Start
Again, be patient ignore it until the right screen loads

- Bad session change
Not sure on this one, might be a latency issue on my network. Once it is running it is ok, but first login and switching between characters is horribly slow.

- Problems Switching Screen Resolution
Work around, minimize and maximize the game before the timer runs out and it clears up.

- Graphic Glitches
Mostly on the faces, sometimes on NPC equipment. Not figured out how to fix this one yet, but less buggy than the "Other Version". Not a cache issue, even with a fresh load it still glitches as if it is trying to load multiple versions of the same face / texture.

- Font glitching on mission descriptions
Minor issue that I am ignoring for the moment.

So it is not perfect and not 100% pretty, but definitely playable!

Additional, there is a common Wine error in Ubuntu / Kubuntu with the libudev.so.0 lib in that it is upgraded to a higher version but Wine still looks for the old one. Locate the version that is currently installed and then simlink it to the old name.

$ ls -la /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Apr 15 07:29 /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1 -> libudev.so.1.6.9
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 128472 Apr 15 07:29 /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1.6.9

$ sudo ln -s /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1.6.9 /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so.0

$ ls -la /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36 Apr 25 23:48 /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so.0 -> /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1.6.9
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Apr 15 07:29 /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1 -> libudev.so.1.6.9
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 128472 Apr 15 07:29 /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1.6.9

Going to be adding more to this thread for my own notes. Perhaps will be useful for someone else, but most likely if I leave for a while and come back I can remember what I did in the past to load it.

Back