Longer music sheet titles?

Increase song "TITLE" length

• Yes

• No

• Don't give a shit

Results are only viewable after voting.

Biggoman

SORRY I DIDN"T KNOW WHERE TO PUT THIS

I don't know much about archeage or the gearing process and have been satisfied just getting artistry up
So I sit in austera all day basically and just play music, and at first the title length isn't that bad.
But once you have multiple songs from the same people it can start to get jumbled up, kinda just gotta write something and hope the fuck you remember what it was.

Or also 2 song's with the same name. can get confusing.

Obviously this isn't important and has no need to be updated, but it would be a nice quality of life thing for other people who also like playing lots of music :p.
Cheers
-Biggoman

We already looked into the possibility to extend the number of characters in the music sheet. Unfortunately, we faced a number of difficulties and due to it such change is not possible for now.
We didn't check the possibility to increase the number of characters in the music sheet name yet, so I neither can confirm nor deny such possibility. Currently it's 12 if I remember correctly. If we are able to make this change, what is the number it should be increased to?

I'd say any where from 24-36 would be enough.
Then atleast you would be able to something like "Linkin Park - The Divide"

Instead of

Lnkprk-FLLNG -band with 1 word title
LnknPrk-dvyd - band with 2 word title
Lnkprk-inTHE - band with 3 word title
Songs like this are easy enough to decipher, The issue comes when you have full albums of multiple bands and then start adding songs with the same song name.

EX: 1

Hello
- Adele, Evanescence, Beyonce, the Cat Empire, Eminem, Martin Solveig, Dragonette, Oasis, Lionel Richie

EX: 2
You and I
- Queen, Lady Gaga, t.A.T.u., Ace of Base, Celine Dion, Stevie Wonder, Santana, Enrique Iglesias, Medina, One Republic, Bananarama, Cliff Richard, Bing Crosby, Sandra, Rakim, Earth Wind and Fire, Marion Raven, Ray Charles, Scorpions, Yoko Ono

It doesn't have to be increased by a lot, just enough to not have a bunch of songs titled in cryptic ancient Sumerian.

Cheers
-Biggoman

Last edited:
Just stumbled upon this thread.. I agree with Biggoman, a slight increase like that should already help out a lot.

Seeing as I have been creating sheets recently, I can tell it didn't get worked out yet and there's no response here again about whether or not it was possible.

@Sparkle did you manage to find out if the title character amount could be increased?

Just stumbled upon this thread.. I agree with Biggoman, a slight increase like that should already help out a lot.

Seeing as I have been creating sheets recently, I can tell it didn't get worked out yet and there's no response here again about whether or not it was possible.

@Sparkle did you manage to find out if the title character amount could be increased?

Thank you for the reminder. Completely forgot about it. To extend the number of characters in the music sheet itself will not be possible but the number of characters in the title should be possible to increase.
We'll try to get some time to work on it within the next 1-2 weeks.

Back