What's new

My neighbor has 80 fish ponds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miggy

I reported him on monday and he has hit them on cool down everyday since then, assuming he only hits them 4 times a day that is still around 32k labor and 700 gold a day, I feel like it's obvious alt abuse yet my report is ignored?

Or you know, maybe it wasn't ignored and they checked on it, and gasp, he is in a family that shares land like a quarter of this game is. Or maybe he has a significant other that is playing as well, maybe even a child as well. Who knows. You made your report. Its no longer your job to police the game. They have gotten your report ,and will do with it what they see fit. I know of at least 5 families in game with 4 players minimum. This game is about coordinating your resources on a group level for maximum efficiency in order to not fall behind. While its entirely possible you are right, its equally if not more possible they are just a group of coordinated players.

They are available. You can get them from cash shop or from vocation badge shop. I don't think many sell them on AH anymore.

They are available. You can get them from cash shop or from vocation badge shop. I don't think many sell them on AH anymore.
I only see them on the cash shop is that really worth it? 100 credits / 30ish gold ea? and I assume the crafted one is now unobtainable because you cant get golden pufferfish anymore right?

Or you know, maybe it wasn't ignored and they checked on it, and gasp, he is in a family that shares land like a quarter of this game is. Or maybe he has a significant other that is playing as well, maybe even a child as well. Who knows. You made your report. Its no longer your job to police the game. They have gotten your report ,and will do with it what they see fit. I know of at least 5 families in game with 4 players minimum. This game is about coordinating your resources on a group level for maximum efficiency in order to not fall behind. While its entirely possible you are right, its equally if not more possible they are just a group of coordinated players.

How big are family sizes? 80x400= 32k labor per sweep and he says he hits them on cooldown every day. So what is the cooldown 3.5 hours? 24/3.5=6.86 times a day... 32000x6.86=219,520 labor per day.. 219520/11520=19.05 person family.

How much does max fishing drop the labor usage from 400 anyways? I'm not sure.., could knock that down to 15 person family that are on 24/7 I suppose.

You understand that fishing proficiency gives significant labor reduction correct? It gives 25%. So 80 x 300 = 24000 which is 2 peoples daily Labor. Families are like 7 or 8 people? On top of that, I very very seriously doubt you can legitimately confirm all 80 pools are taken on cooldown. This is a bit of a stretch. I almost wouldnt be afraid to doubt you actually counted 80 pools. Do you know how much property that is? I think its probably safe to assume this person might have a family of a few people, clear their pools twice a day and have something like 10 farms worth or 40 pools. Which seems like a lot just looking, and you jumped to conclusions like half the people on this server and got all uppity about it. Regardless you made your report. They will or have checked into it, if they are still doing pools, then they are legit, and you are the definition of whining. Post screenshots with time stamps of 80 pools in one area owned by the same person or two people being harvested on cooldown for 2 days and you would get more credibility. As it is, you are just crying wolf/foul.

I reported him on monday and he has hit them on cool down everyday since then, assuming he only hits them 4 times a day that is still around 32k labor and 700 gold a day, I feel like it's obvious alt abuse yet my report is ignored?

Also how can you possible say he hits them on cooldown, and in the same breath say "assuming" he only hits them 4 times a day. Like lol?
You out yourself as a bullshitter right here from the get go. There is nothing to assume if you know this as fact.

PS. Fishing pools are garbage money

Alot of ppl also buy labor from other players.

And yes the ponds are worth it, because you get around 70g from one.

Also how can you possible say he hits them on cooldown, and in the same breath say "assuming" he only hits them 4 times a day. Like lol?
You out yourself as a bullshitter right here from the get go. There is nothing to assume if you know this as fact.

PS. Fishing pools are garbage money
I don't understand why you became extremely defensive about this, since it didn't target you, but it's well known that Fishing Ponds have been used, since the beginning of this server, as the go-to moneymaker for people who have illegal alts and want to spend their labour in a productive, yet very quick way.

Someone who has 80+ fish ponds could be legit, true, but it's also highly suspicious since, as you said, it's not extremely good money and anyone playing legitimately has better ways of making money.

I tested one of the fishing ponds, here are my results:

Buy a Fishing Pond for 30 gold (or buy 100 credits whichever is cheaper)
10 Harvests per pond (400 labor each harvest)
Yield = (every 3.5 hours) 10, 6, 8, 10, 8, 10, 8, 10, 8, 10 = 88 Fish
Fish = 1.20 gold each (sold to NPC) x 88 = 105.60 gold - 30 gold cost = 75.60 gold net profit ( for 4000 labor!) Abysmal silver/labor return!

Needless, to say, I won't be buying anymore ponds. But for people who don't have as much time to play as me, they're a great way to burn labor and make a bit of a profit.

You understand that fishing proficiency gives significant labor reduction correct? It gives 25%. So 80 x 300 = 24000 which is 2 peoples daily Labor. Families are like 7 or 8 people? On top of that, I very very seriously doubt you can legitimately confirm all 80 pools are taken on cooldown. This is a bit of a stretch. I almost wouldnt be afraid to doubt you actually counted 80 pools. Do you know how much property that is? I think its probably safe to assume this person might have a family of a few people, clear their pools twice a day and have something like 10 farms worth or 40 pools. Which seems like a lot just looking, and you jumped to conclusions like half the people on this server and got all uppity about it. Regardless you made your report. They will or have checked into it, if they are still doing pools, then they are legit, and you are the definition of whining. Post screenshots with time stamps of 80 pools in one area owned by the same person or two people being harvested on cooldown for 2 days and you would get more credibility. As it is, you are just crying wolf/foul.

Well of course I can't know how often he tends it as I wasn't the one who posted this and have no idea even where it is, I'm just posting the numbers. @25% discount as you've pointed out it works out to 14.292 characters running 24/7 using all labor still pretty insane.

I tested one of the fishing ponds, here are my results:

Buy a Fishing Pond for 30 gold (or buy 100 credits whichever is cheaper)
10 Harvests per pond (400 labor each harvest)
Yield = (every 3.5 hours) 10, 6, 8, 10, 8, 10, 8, 10, 8, 10 = 88 Fish
Fish = 1.20 gold each (sold to NPC) x 88 = 105.60 gold - 30 gold cost = 75.60 gold net profit ( for 4000 labor!) Abysmal silver/labor return!

Needless, to say, I won't be buying anymore ponds. But for people who don't have as much time to play as me, they're a great way to burn labor and make a bit of a profit.
One run of Fert packs would take less time and make more money.

Well of course I can't know how often he tends it as I wasn't the one who posted this and have no idea even where it is, I'm just posting the numbers. @25% discount as you've pointed out it works out to 14.292 characters running 24/7 using all labor still pretty insane.

my bad, ur lack of an avatar pic just had me thinking it was OP

People pay others 4g per fishing pool to harvest. It is quite easy to keep up that amount.

This is a dreadful waste of labor! It works out at 1 silver per labor. Anybody who sells their labor for that price is crazy.

They'd be better off doing almost anything else, heck plain old mining and logging would give them a better return. I just don't understand it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back