What's new

Petition to let Pirates able to siege

I'm actually really against pirates attending halcy, as well as Player Nation. The event is designed to be a 2 faction (east v west) without interference of nation/pirates.
Agreed. In the past organized PN participation done in scale has led to some rather lopsided fights.

Besides, it invalidates the effort required to create a PN for contested castles if you can just roll pirate instead. Adding a castle-like area to growlgate specifically for pirates guilds to contest might be something to look into. If implemented, some things would need to change such as having 1 contestable castle instead of 4.

Pirates should be able to siege

but more importantly pirates shouldn't get sent to jail during war time at halcy...That's just stupid

Pirates should be able to siege

but more importantly pirates shouldn't get sent to jail during war time at halcy...That's just stupid
You're an international criminal, what's stupid about getting extradited to your home country to face trial?

That's how being part of a global crime syndicate works.

If you want to have the benefits of pirate (i.e. being able to bring anyone from any faction into one group for FREE), while also being able to siege, then form a player nation. If you want to siege so bad split up into your east west guilds, return to faction, siege castles, and then go through the process of forming your player nation.

I get that people wanted to go pirates, however the issue is, being a pirate is supposed to be a bad thing. You are read to everyone, any time you die you get sent off to jail ect ect. I get that in Live that pirates can siege, but this isn't live and tbh just because you made the decision to pvp your own faction doesn't mean you are entitled to the same content as your faction.

Again why should pirates be allowed to siege when, they themselves will just get arrested every time they die?
Yes Someone did answer this question with 'It creates content' Content for who? Content for the pirates who are being punished? Content for other players? Content for streamers? TBH If its the last reason, that is just sad.

I am all for an open world pvp system, though I mainly pve, and if being a Pirate is a punishment for doing criminal things, they shouldn't get to participate in sieges like that. I feel that giving pirates this, rewards them and invalidates the punishment.

because it's WAR TIME you don't go to trial during WAR
Actually you do. War crimes and criminals aren't ignored during war time. Besides, in-game people with enough crime points go to jail if they die. Neither east or west is exempt in this, why would pirates get special treatment?

I vote no on allowing pirates to siege only because I'm scared of losing my castle and not because it invalidates all the work, mats, and gold needed to create a player nation. I also believe that pirate's RP stripclub tavern is reward enough for rolling pirate as this is truly an RP server.

I vote no on allowing pirates to siege only because I'm scared of losing my castle and not because it invalidates all the work, mats, and gold needed to create a player nation. I also believe that pirate's RP stripclub tavern is reward enough for rolling pirate as this is truly an RP server.
Resorting to sarcasm?

I'm going to go with "no". Pirates are hostile to everyone else, and given that you more or less have to be a cereal purpler/thief to get there....suck it up. You wanted to be bad.
I mean I won't even be a pirate for much longer I'm just giving my opinion, pn can already be there and they are hostile to everyone. Why can't pirates? I'm sure it could be made where pn or pirates cant do damage to any npcs in base or relic. It could just be more overall pvp. Just what I think

I am still waiting for change to draughts so pirates cant go back and forth whenever they want.

same, I always thought the depirating instantly whenever you want was pretty dumb.

Yikes pirates start forming up again and immediately start begging on forums to make pirate a player nation with no restrictions on size whose only caveat is going to jail in some hardly important zones.

Yikes pirates start forming up again and immediately start begging on forums to make pirate a player nation with no restrictions on size whose only caveat is going to jail in some hardly important zones.

yikes pn start losing and the insecurity shows

When becoming pirates is a quest line and not determined by infamy I'd say sure, but not right now, pirating shouldnt be rewarded unless you are east targeting west or pn, or vice versa.

I don’t agree with pirates being able to siege since that change doesn’t come until pirate faction gets reformed and it is based off ‘activity’ is I think how it is worded on the new patch. And since it doesn’t make any sense allowing pirates to siege because not only would that be a pain to figure out code wise, it would almost most likely lead to a extremely broken system since pirate faction doesn’t effect the guild cooldown when you swap back and forth from pirate. It’s not hard to imagine why this would be abused, not just in the current atmosphere of the game, but in later ones as well. And if we want to go ahead and say that we should add in that specific change then why not go ahead and add in the faction based world boss rotation? That definitely made pvp around world bosses better right? I don’t think that saying that ‘well it’s going to happen eventually is a good reason, there’s a reason why there is community feedback on certain suggestions on changes that the developers made, some of them are bad. But I think that pirates going to Halcy would be fun. They’re a budget PN anyway, might as well. But they should make it so that both PN and Pirates can’t attack the relics.

Last edited:
I'm going to go with "no". Pirates are hostile to everyone else, and given that you more or less have to be a cereal purpler/thief to get there....suck it up. You wanted to be bad.
You are all aware that every faction is hostile to every other faction by default, yes? Because this has been used as an argument way too many times and it's beginning to worry me..
Also lol at all the RPers who think that planned-killing your friends' mounts to go pirate suddenly makes you a bad person and a renouned criminal.

Being a pirate for live was very dull for me but I don't really want to get killed by pirates all the time I get purpled enough

Back