What's new

Petition to let Pirates able to siege

You are all aware that every faction is hostile to every other faction by default, yes? Because this has been used as an argument way too many times and it's beginning to worry me..
Also lol at all the RPers who think that planned-killing your friends' mounts to go pirate suddenly makes you a bad person and a renouned criminal.

? i'm an international criminal whym

You are all aware that every faction is hostile to every other faction by default, yes? Because this has been used as an argument way too many times and it's beginning to worry me..
Also lol at all the RPers who think that planned-killing your friends' mounts to go pirate suddenly makes you a bad person and a renouned criminal.
What I am betting is that Pirates have only a few locations to be safe in, ie True Peace zones like Rokhala, or places that just went peace, and that if a Huryanian pirate set foot on Huryanian soil that they could be killed and the same could be said about Nuian Pirates.

Tbh you decided to become pirates knowing what you get, if you didn't that's your fault and it was not a wise decision. What's the point in creating PN if you can siege as pirate? You lose one of the biggest benefits. Although I guess you no longer can hop in and out of pirate with draughts I guess.

You don't go pirate to be a hero or gain reputation as an amazing person. People go there for the playstyle which is to rob and attack others. Pirates in this game are treated as outcasts with infamy being the path to cast players away. The ocean is your home and plundering is your profession. By choosing this path you decided that content exclusive to factions is not for you and instead you embraced the benefits of being the outcast. If pirates were meant to function as a proper faction we would be able to start there from character creation. As other people have said, land based content is exclusive to the primary factions and player created ones. I'm all for something else like expanding growlgate, allowing pirates to conquer islands to control the seas but giving them the ability to siege pretty much ruins the point of that whole group. XL gave them the ability to siege in 5.1 which was pretty stupid but XL doesn't know what to do what their game right now. There are constantly reworking old systems, created more grind, blowing up people's progress for a pretty new things and neglect to improve on the fundamentals of the game. Each faction should have their own unique traits and despite the restrictions they have, pirates is the most unique group in the game right now.

I really hope that Pirates can siege because if you look at the state of castles ... they hardly ever move hands anymore. Pirates should be able to siege but i also think that every 6 months there should be a castle grab again like when Arouria was released, it would bringso much more pvp content.

Three factions is a big part of a healthy PvP environment, IMO. Excluding one of those factions is counterproductive.

Three factions is a big part of a healthy PvP environment, IMO. Excluding one of those factions is counterproductive.

Actually, faction-based PVP is a toxic PVP environment. You want a healthy PVP environment, there shouldn't be any factions at all.

Back