Votes: 39 35.8%
  • No

Votes: 68 62.4%
  • IDC

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Other (Explain in comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Because what you are asking is basically giving pirates the changes of later patches... So why stop at making guard neutral.

Pirates are not neutral, so why should guards be neutral to them, you made a choice to be mean to your own people (Theft, murders, ect...) You don't deserve it.
This is the only server where people complain and try to uphold the "RP" of being a pirate. You don't need to implement all the changes but it would make it a nice QoL as a pirate. We port to houses/stealth through towns anyways, what's the big deal of allowing us to enter normally? Are you scared of having pirates teleporting where they want in auroria? Below are the changes that XL pushed through and is even on the FS at the moment. Still baffling everyone who voted no at the moment are just salty that they are getting beat by pirates...
pirates.JPG

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-19_9-48-22.png
    upload_2019-2-19_9-48-22.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 227
We port to houses/stealth through towns anyways.

Then continue to do that and stop complaining about your ingame choices.

Not to mention, the benefits of a PN, is that Nuetral guards are Yellow to us... Pirate is not a free PN.

Then continue to do that and stop complaining about your ingame choices.

Not to mention, the benefits of a PN, is that Nuetral guards are Yellow to us... Pirate is not a free PN.
Yikes, someones salty and REALLY dispises the pirates. The game eventually gets it, just get off your high horse of thinking pirates are 'bad, evil, thieves' since people pirate their own faction too. You're also acting like you paid for the current PN anyways and it was a lot of hard work for you....

Not really salty, no... Just pointing out the dumb requests that pirates make, to try and get their lifestyle inline with a PN... :joy:

You're acting like you can have a free PN while being Pirate too... So I don't get your point.

Not really salty, no... Just pointing out the dumb requests that pirates make, to try and get their lifestyle inline with a PN... :joy:

You're acting like you can have a free PN while being Pirate too... So I don't get your point.
I'm not sure how having neutral guards not attacking pirates is giving the pirates a free PN, but OK.

*********** text censored by forum staff due to violation of Forum rules 4 and 8. 48 hours Read only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because what you are asking is basically giving pirates the changes of later patches... So why stop at making guard neutral.

Pirates are not neutral, so why should guards be neutral to them, you made a choice to be mean to your own people (Theft, murders, ect...) You don't deserve it.

Good point, it's update from a later patch... Sjin already said this about future changes:

We don't add future content prior to the patch correct. It would cause a lot of complications later down the road so it is avoided all together

time to close the thread 'dream

The thing is it’s a later change. Not only do I think this change is really not needed atm but yes. It negatively affects the power play and balance on this server.
Cons.
1. Pirates are already this massive Zerg. Allowing them to free port and support their people if they are raising others in auroria or getting raided will literally kill the content for those trying to make money or improve their gear atm. The reason this sis vialble i. Later patches is u see the understanding that the majority of the players had reached a certain gs and adding in extra elements kept the game growing.
2. A lot of people especially smaller or lower grades people look to the castle owners to help protect them as they are running packs or doing the Lc quest. On this server players had voted to cap on at a limit number of players. I’d this change is implemented that cap should be raised. This is no longer the smaller server it used to be there are 2 pn guilds and each guild should ah e the normal 100 people per guild cap. This is I. Part to the huge pirate numbers and the famous red is dead concept. If you want to make it fair to pirates might as well make it fairer to PN Too. And again. If this did not benefit you in same way as a pirate you wouldn’t have implemented a vote for this.

Good point, it's update from a later patch... Sjin already said this about future changes:

time to close the thread 'dream

Sparkles told me to make the poll.

Also BTW lets ignore the fact Karkasse not sending pirates to jail was a future patch.

The thing is it’s a later change. Not only do I think this change is really not needed atm but yes. It negatively affects the power play and balance on this server.
Cons.
1. Pirates are already this massive Zerg. Allowing them to free port and support their people if they are raising others in auroria or getting raided will literally kill the content for those trying to make money or improve their gear atm. The reason this sis vialble i. Later patches is u see the understanding that the majority of the players had reached a certain gs and adding in extra elements kept the game growing.
2. A lot of people especially smaller or lower grades people look to the castle owners to help protect them as they are running packs or doing the Lc quest. On this server players had voted to cap on at a limit number of players. I’d this change is implemented that cap should be raised. This is no longer the smaller server it used to be there are 2 pn guilds and each guild should ah e the normal 100 people per guild cap. This is I. Part to the huge pirate numbers and the famous red is dead concept. If you want to make it fair to pirates might as well make it fairer to PN Too. And again. If this did not benefit you in same way as a pirate you wouldn’t have implemented a vote for this.

WTF are you talking about? Nothing of what was suggested effects anyone BUT pirates. We ALREADY can port to houses/Stealth port and get around Auroria. Its not like we "Cant" get into auroria. This is just a QoL change. This changing or not changing will not really be that big of a deal. I am okay with it not being added yet, But it'd be nice for it to be added. It's not like us Pirates can't play without it.

Yeah how about no. Your a pirate! That means you are a full blown criminal (even though most of you are fluffy animal murderers and dont deserve the title) you want to roooam freely. Then delete the pirate guards on your island! And join a real faction. Gg

Why do you guys have so much hate for pirates? It's just an RP thing that they're "bad". What's the difference between them and PN? I kinda just view them as another PN where anyone can join. You can come back from pirate any time you feel like. The real troublesome people are the "green pirates" but of course these folks never leave faction because they can't go where neutral guards are. I rather just have them have the pirate tag so I know who I'm fighting. Would making these changes make some green pirates actually join the pirate faction? If it would then make the change.

In general idk why you guys are so upset that you need other people to be punished. If people didn't pvp and steal from each other this game would get very dull and boring very fast. It's nice to get away with smuggling packs but if you are always unopposed it become less fun. Personally I don't get why PN has it so easy. Why don't they have some kind of consequence for leaving faction and what's the difference between pirates and PN when PN decides they feel like messing with a faction?

Hang on, all this argument is just about PORTALS basically...

idk about you but I'm all for freedom of movement to designated "DEFAULT" TP locations... no matter who you are :D I'm saying that as a non-pirate.
All in all, it just means that ppl actually have a use for their Portal Book again (PROPERLY) without having to use Portal Save Slots to just have a place to go in each region or whatever that has neutral guards to kill'em...

Like, Neutral guard system is meant to """prevent""" or dissuade fighting, not KILL YOU on the spot :DDDD
and Honestly if you weren't meant to port in, then they should make it so that your portal on the arriving location end is attacked by the guards and made unusable at the entrance. Maybe a complicated system but it would be funny :D
'peng

And the Guards outside of those places, like trade hand-ins? Sure, leave things as they are (whatever it is), but at port ins... change it. IF THEY CAN...
See what Sjinderson said about future patch content:
We don't add future content prior to the patch correct. It would cause a lot of complications later down the road so it is avoided all together

'idk

All in all, changing it doesn't harm much of the player base sitting in their factions, while being a small QoL change for those who can benefit from it. I don't see what the massive outrage of reactions we've seen here is all about.
'hair

Well there's a bunch of neutral guards in places like golden ruins that prevent you from using the work benches as a pirate. If you want to teleport without getting killed then stealth before jumping in if you have that skillset. If you load fast enough you can walk away from the guards before they jump you.

I just think it's stupid because the guards would do better to just get hostile if you attack rather than just kill at random. You can still warp around to places so if you're against it, it's not stopping much. It's a simple convenience for those that play pirate and doesn't seem that hard to change but I figure maybe it's more of a hassle to constantly rechange a code for every patch. Idk how they do it on their end. I don't see a solid objection to it other than the coding would be annoying otherwise.

You want serious pirate changes that should be in game ?

1. Pirates should be able to attack and pvp everywhere even in peace and housing zones. (pirates dont care about peace right ?)
2. Pirates should be be able to be attacked everywhere even in peace and housing zones.
3. Pirates should go jail if killed not on sea, even on auroria. Ofc exeption for Growlgate and islands.
4. Pirates should have gilda and dragon essence trader on Growlgate.
5. Fishes should be worth x4 than is it now.

That are changes we need not frail wanna be PN changes that u propose or XL games made. If You are Real Pirate Vote for this.

Last edited:
1. This would cause issues for noobs just trying to level up or people that stick to peace zone on purpose to avoid pvp.
2. Pirates can already be attacked in peace. Read the peace zone text. Only festival zone they aren't attackable.
3. Then pirates would spend like 90% of their time in jail. That's not fun.
4. Gilda okay but idk about dragon essence if only because there doesn't seem to be enough people at freedrich sometimes.
5. They talked about this before I believe and aren't going to up fish or pack prices.

Back