What's new

Please update 10v10 Maelstrom

What about the two games where the first thing you did was destroy the other team's afk boat, then after getting called out on it, you said it was okay to blow your team's afk boat up in retaliation? If you're going to lie, could you at least get your own story straight?

I'm not lying? You claimed I abused the system in 3 games, but like you even said I told the enemy team to blow up our ship to match the points. Therefore no abuse as the score was evened out. I only abused the system in 1 game because like I said before, enemy team ran away in last minute, it was either chase and lose, or blow up boat unmanned at their base and win. I chose to win. 1 game abused, and technically can't even be considered abusing because the new patch allows for this method.

I'm not lying? You claimed I abused the system in 3 games, but like you even said I told the enemy team to blow up our ship to match the points. Therefore no abuse as the score was evened out. I only abused the system in 1 game because like I said before, enemy team ran away in last minute, it was either chase and lose, or blow up boat unmanned at their base and win. I chose to win. 1 game abused, and technically can't even be considered abusing because the new patch allows for this method.

Sorry to butt in, but considering you were the first one in these instances to do it, even though you immediately reneged your actions by giving the other team permission, the very first thing you did, as soon as your ship sailed off from your base (I was watching one of the times you did this because my spouse was in the same arena) was go blow up the other team's unmanned ship. Not even 2 minutes in and you went right for it, no questions asked. Just because you gave the other team permission to do something wrong because you did it first doesn't make you a saint, and that doesn't discount the fact that you did it...3 times.

Just because the patch allows people to do it doesn't mean it isn't doesn't portray you as incredibly skeevy. There are tax loopholes that the rich take advantage of in the US. It isn't their fault a majority of the country is too poor to take advantage of the same loopholes, and while the loopholes are there legally, people still look down on those that are willing and able to abuse said legal loopholes. The same applies here. You've proven multiple times that your knee-jerk reaction is to use this loophole. You're a dirtbag, and a pretty big reason at least 4 people have stopped queuing for the Naval Arena as a result.

Sorry to butt in, but considering you were the first one in these instances to do it, even though you immediately reneged your actions by giving the other team permission, the very first thing you did, as soon as your ship sailed off from your base (I was watching one of the times you did this because my spouse was in the same arena) was go blow up the other team's unmanned ship. Not even 2 minutes in and you went right for it, no questions asked. Just because you gave the other team permission to do something wrong because you did it first doesn't make you a saint, and that doesn't discount the fact that you did it...3 times.

Just because the patch allows people to do it doesn't mean it isn't doesn't portray you as incredibly skeevy. There are tax loopholes that the rich take advantage of in the US. It isn't their fault a majority of the country is too poor to take advantage of the same loopholes, and while the loopholes are there legally, people still look down on those that are willing and able to abuse said legal loopholes. The same applies here. You've proven multiple times that your knee-jerk reaction is to use this loophole. You're a dirtbag, and a pretty big reason at least 4 people have stopped queuing for the Naval Arena as a result.

I'm a dirt bag for blowing up a pixel boat on a video game, do you even read what you type? I'm here just like you trying to make this arena better, i'm not here saying "No please don't revert the patch so I can take advantage of it" I want it to be fixed. You need to chill out. You're acting like I was the only one on my team who took advantage of this mechanic. If other people really felt so strongly about it just as you do why did they fire the cannons at the unmanned ships? Can you explain that? I didn't fire a single cannon shot in any of those games remember that.

You have such a strong opinion about what I should and shouldn't do and proceed to insult me consistently over nothing. This thread is to fix this arena and move forward. This arena has been out for a long time, and there's been plenty of people who have taken advantage of the in-game mechanics that revolve around it.

I never claimed to be a saint, but that doesn't mean i'm the opposite because just like everybody else I want my wins and dailies done and will use whatever method available to do so. I want change but doesn't mean i'm going to allow whichever team i'm on to lose when we have the ability to win.

Stop crying.
Move on.

*Edit: Forgot to mention as well that if you want to take advantage of this method while it's available I openly welcome you too, because it really won't matter i'll still find a way to counter it and beat you anyways. Git gud.

Last edited:
I'm a dirt bag for blowing up a pixel boat on a video game, do you even read what you type? I'm here just like you trying to make this arena better, i'm not here saying "No please don't revert the patch so I can take advantage of it" I want it to be fixed. You need to chill out. You're acting like I was the only one on my team who took advantage of this mechanic. If other people really felt so strongly about it just as you do why did they fire the cannons at the unmanned ships? Can you explain that? I didn't fire a single cannon shot in any of those games remember that.

You have such a strong opinion about what I should and shouldn't do and proceed to insult me consistently over nothing. This thread is to fix this arena and move forward. This arena has been out for a long time, and there's been plenty of people who have taken advantage of the in-game mechanics that revolve around it.

I never claimed to be a saint, but that doesn't mean i'm the opposite because just like everybody else I want my wins and dailies done and will use whatever method available to do so. I want change but doesn't mean i'm going to allow whichever team i'm on to lose when we have the ability to win.

Stop crying.
Move on.

*Edit: Forgot to mention as well that if you want to take advantage of this method while it's available I openly welcome you too, because it really won't matter i'll still find a way to counter it and beat you anyways. Git gud.

Clearly you're the one not reading anything being said. You're a dirtbag for abusing a rule change that made the arena worse, even after admitting it was a bad change. Do you realize how stupid you sound right there? It's like the leader of your country saying it is now legal to attempt murder but only if you throw your victim out of a window, you think it's an awful idea and law, and the first fucking thing you do is defenestrate a baby because "it's legal now". I've been here trying to keep this arena better long before you showed up here, and not once did I look at the changes for this arena and think "man, I could totally abuse this and it's perfectly legal!" You're the one that needs to chill out. You spam faction chat with lies, you get defensive when people ask you to prove what you say, and then try to project your fault onto the sheep you led to the other team's base. Of course you didn't fire a single cannon shot, you were the one driving the ship.

I don't "insult you consistently over nothing". This isn't nothing. This is such a big something that it's been brought up by numerous people and has caused players who queued up for this arena regularly to boycott it until this bug is fixed. Everyone in my husband's raids had no idea about the new invulnerability changes until they saw you abuse it. So no, this isn't nothing at all, and your defensiveness just tells us you think you're not at fault for abusing such a loophole. I'm not some dirty little rat that feels the need to abuse a loophole to win games just so I can get Sea Wolf coins, I'm actually a person who thinks the game should be played how it was intended and not using underhanded tactics to do it, even though I knew the changes were put into place. I actually have integrity, whereas you are a liar and a dirtbag, plain and simple. There's no crying at all involved here, because I'm not the one lying and begging in faction, nation, and trade chat for people to queue 10v10 because I haven't seen a queue pop in hours. That's all you, dude.

Last edited:
Clearly you're the one not reading anything being said. You're a dirtbag for abusing a rule change that made the arena worse, even after admitting it was a bad change. Do you realize how stupid you sound right there? It's like the leader of your country saying it is now legal to attempt murder but only if you throw your victim out of a window, you think it's an awful idea and law, and the first fucking thing you do is defenestrate a baby because "it's legal now". I've been here trying to keep this arena better long before you showed up here, and not once did I look at the changes for this arena and think "man, I could totally abuse this and it's perfectly legal!" You're the one that needs to chill out. You spam faction chat with lies, you get defensive when people ask you to prove what you say, and then try to project your fault onto the sheep you led to the other team's base. Of course you didn't fire a single cannon shot, you were the one driving the ship.

I don't "insult you consistently over nothing". This isn't nothing. This is such a big something that it's been brought up by numerous people and has caused players who queued up for this arena regularly to boycott it until this bug is fixed. Everyone in my husband's raids had no idea about the new invulnerability changes until they saw you abuse it. So no, this isn't nothing at all, and your defensiveness just tells us you think you're not at fault for abusing such a loophole. I'm not some dirty little rat that feels the need to abuse a loophole to win games just so I can get Sea Wolf coins, I'm actually a person who thinks the game should be played how it was intended and not using underhanded tactics to do it, even though I knew the changes were put into place. I actually have integrity, whereas you are a liar and a dirtbag, plain and simple. There's no crying at all involved here, because I'm not the one lying and begging in faction, nation, and trade chat for people to queue 10v10 because I haven't seen a queue pop in hours. That's all you, dude.

Welcome to Archerage, you must be new here.

Edit: Not that I acknowledge any of what you just said. I don't have time to argue with you.

Welcome to Archerage, you must be new here.

Edit: Not that I acknowledge any of what you just said. I don't have time to argue with you.

Thanks for proving my point. Go back to spamming chat to queue 10v10 that you're just going to abuse if you ever get a pop :)

You have no point, i'm just not going to argue with a woman who's on her period.

Got no proof of this, and the only thing you can do is a personal attack instead of trying to give a logical and factual rebuttal to anything said. Good to know you're just that immature :D

Screen-Shot0075.jpg

Here's your bugged boat spawn screenshot. Also doesn't appear to happen every game, but it does happen and needs to be fixed.

We'll make a change with this restart that should help to fix the problem with such spawns. Please inform me if after the restart, such issues will still happen.

@Velorra What amount of honor for players, even in case they are losing, do you think will be appropriate?
Do not give more honor points for losing team, just give them 1 coin and make prices of delphinad rings and regrade charms and the items redeemed for 20 coins + make them more expensive that's the best solution. people then can overlook the amount of time it takes to pop up arena and the people trolling etc , eventually the 10v10 will be populated !

Please also consider that part of the reason why 10v10 was popular in the beginning was the title. A lot of people stopped queuing when Titan was announced as the titan title rewards better stats. These people will not be queuing up for this arena again after the season events are over.

There is no leaderboard for this arena. There's no incentive for anyone to queue beyond those still trying for the title and totem. Semerian has to spam faction chat for hours to get people to join. How do we get more people to queue up?

Clippers would absolutely make it more fast-paced and fun.

Well, i want to farm seawolf coin's but daily 20mins for each arena thats too much. If you wanna get 3 wins and if you are not lucky to get 3 wins in a row, you ll have to do it again and again. I stopped the day when i get 3 wins out of 7 arenas. It was totally waste of time.

Please also consider that part of the reason why 10v10 was popular in the beginning was the title. A lot of people stopped queuing when Titan was announced as the titan title rewards better stats. These people will not be queuing up for this arena again after the season events are over.

There is no leaderboard for this arena. There's no incentive for anyone to queue beyond those still trying for the title and totem. Semerian has to spam faction chat for hours to get people to join. How do we get more people to queue up?

Clippers would absolutely make it more fast-paced and fun.
how does the fight work with clippers xD

I personally ever since joined my first match I loved it :) So much fun, as long as players are actually not sitting in base AFK or arena doesnt start in 10 vs 8.. which has occured a few times for whatever reason.

Lately i completely stopped even trying to get in the arena for 2 reasons...
1. Temporary because of the Titan event that was taking ages to do the quests, rift and the boss itself.
2. However the 2nd reason is the most important... The new changes in the Maelstrom arena where you are actually Forced to take care of your other ships for the most part of the arena. So we had a case in a match where the losing team 1minute before the time runs out... knowing the mechanics that are currently in the arena, they just ran away from our main ship... they head to our base and destroyed a lonely ship that hasnt even been touch by any of us to get the 50 points they needed to win the arena at the very last seconds....
Well I do understand that the previous mechanics were also frustrating, BUT... I will probably never try to waste 20mins of my life again to join an arena thats suppose to be fun and get 2-3 players afk or not starting at all, or get cheesed like this at the very last moment... Because i personally think We need to have an option as a team to choose whether we go with 2 ships - 5 man crew each OR 1 ship with 10 man crew. I don't want to be forced to do the one or the other. I want to have an option as a team which one suits my team better. We currently DO NOT have that option, because we always have to send at least 1 member to take care of the 2nd ship in base just to make sure wont be destroyed staying stationary in the base without a crew BUT at the same time to grant enemies the same points as you would destroy a ship while having 10 man crew on it and able to outplay them in a naval battle.

So I have 3 suggestion that needs to be made in my opinion in order for people to have interest to join the arena just for the fun itself and some rewards ofc..
1. Redo the changes with the invincibilty of ships in base to not be timed for 2minutes after spawn. Much better would be IF first you boarded the ship and shot a cannon, or grab its Wheel ( losing invincibility right away in any of those 2 cases). And on the second case to lose the invincibility to be IF Your main ship gets destroyed ( e.g. if the ship thats sitting in base is the only one you have left to operate with)
2. The second suggestion I do have is to force people to seek for naval battle and not just run away and waste people's time like a little you know what. Make a minimum ~150 points to be scored to be able to score a Victory, otherwise match ends with a Draw - granting both teams same rewards( something appropriate to suits all players 20min time investment - whether honor or half a coin :p )
3. The last suggestion I do have and not on the last spot - To give us real-time information about how many people are activily Queue'd up for the Maelstrom arena. Something like a counter where you can see it on your Arena Tab - Maelstrom arena. With a feature like this anyone could check at any time during the day whether they are just 5 ppl queued up or 15... Most people would love to know if they hopes to get a game a real or just a dream.

May be 1 more last thing: Make sure games doesnt start 8 vs 10. :D I happen to have a couple of games where 1 of the teams had 2 members less than the other team. For some reason I don't even understand why werent those game ended in a 9vs9 scenario :D

So since now Its the time. I wish all of you Happy Holidays and make Archeage great again -> ArcheRage i mean :D

That's a lie, we had one game where it was 1 minute left and enemy team fled halfway across the map from us. It was either destroy the boat 50 meters away from us unmanned at base, or chase the enemy team and lose. I was steering the ship and didn't fire cannons = my entire team is responsible including myself. This happened 1 game not 3 like this nub claims.

Well :) As we all know this guy cares only about his Totem, and once he acquire it he would never queue up in 10vs10 again. That's a fact. Instead now hes spamming faction chat for 3vs3 after he already got his totem. So there is no point discussing this with him. He clearly not giving a damn about the arena itself - only the totem. He admitted himself in that particular game that this option his team has shouldn't be an option at all, but I don't see him making a suggestions for better 10v10 arena experience - how to make it more interesting and fun to bring more people into it. Because even as a new player that arena is very enjoyable - mostly because new players takes a Loooong time to ever get into naval battles with the big guilds, i would say months :D So in that point of view i like the arena for the opportunity for everyone to experience a naval battle and learn how to work around telescopes, cannons, anchors, pvp in waters and so on :)

Well :) As we all know this guy cares only about his Totem, and once he acquire it he would never queue up in 10vs10 again. That's a fact. Instead now hes spamming faction chat for 3vs3 after he already got his totem. So there is no point discussing this with him. He clearly not giving a damn about the arena itself - only the totem. He admitted himself in that particular game that this option his team has shouldn't be an option at all, but I don't see him making a suggestions for better 10v10 arena experience - how to make it more interesting and fun to bring more people into it. Because even as a new player that arena is very enjoyable - mostly because new players takes a Loooong time to ever get into naval battles with the big guilds, i would say months [bcolor=#ffffff]:D[/bcolor] So in that point of view i like the arena for the opportunity for everyone to experience a naval battle and learn how to work around telescopes, cannons, anchors, pvp in waters and so on [bcolor=#ffffff]:)[/bcolor]

"As we all know this guy cares only about his Totem, and once he acquire it he would never queue up in 10vs10 again. That's a fact. Instead now hes spamming faction chat for 3vs3 after he already got his totem. "

Idk who told you this information but you're completely wrong, as I still require my shroud light from the Arena and would happily Q 10v10's to acquire it! Yeah I got my Totem and me trying to do 3v3's for my dailies is none of your damn business. I did mention however that I would no longer be "leading" the recruitment into this arena, as I had to do the majority of the work trying to get people to join for hours each day. If somebody else wants to spend hours asking people to Q, i'll sit in Q.

"He clearly not giving a damn about the arena itself - only the totem. He admitted himself in that particular game that this option his team has shouldn't be an option at all, but I don't see him making a suggestions for better 10v10 arena experience - how to make it more interesting and fun to bring more people into it."

This whole forum post is me here trying to make "suggestions" to better this arena are you blind? I enjoy 10v10's in general and even after my shroud light is acquired as mentioned above I would still Q because I like the Naval combat system. I do however dislike the ability to get other players to join as so many others.

I'm not "required" to do anything, I play this game the way I WANT to play.

We'll make a change with this restart that should help to fix the problem with such spawns. Please inform me if after the restart, such issues will still happen.

Managed to get into some 10v10's today, this issue has not been resolved. Please fix.

Some minor arena bugs that happen from time to time will be fixed with 3.5 release.
@Semerian can you clarify what is the issue you are asking to be fixed?
If that's regarding the immunity on the ships, it can't be made permanent. Originally we made it permanent for the team base and ships in the dock. As a result, players started hiding at the faction base. Due to it immunity was switched to temporary.

Some minor arena bugs that happen from time to time will be fixed with 3.5 release.
@Semerian can you clarify what is the issue you are asking to be fixed?
If that's regarding the immunity on the ships, it can't be made permanent. Originally we made it permanent for the team base and ships in the dock. As a result, players started hiding at the faction base. Due to it immunity was switched to temporary.

It was regarding this post, you told him to let you know if it was fixed or not with an old update, hes saying it isnt:

Screen-Shot0075.jpg

Here's your bugged boat spawn screenshot. Also doesn't appear to happen every game, but it does happen and needs to be fixed.

Back