What's new

Problems downloading the game

catdragonrose

So the first time I downloaded the game. It actually dowloaded, but I was not able to start up the game. It stopped and popped up an error when loading the poems. I tried again. I restarted an tried again. I uninstalled. I checked and updated drivers.
The game refuses to installl
The game files have installed and then it got stuck on getting client data. I closed the installer.
Open installer and it wasnts to redownload all the files all over agian. It also might get stuck on something that says something about mobile date. and i can't repair so can only close and again restart. I did get it to fully download but I get the same error when trying to load the game. I saw in another post that I could try to delete the client.version file. I did that but all it did was cause the launcher to reinstall the whole game again. Additionally if i try to repair the file the whole game wants to reinstall.

I have also recently tried to completely disable anti-virus while downloading. I get the following errors. Repair Failed and the mount client data loop. I deleted all files and re-installed agian (with anti-virus turned completely off) and still go the same error when trying to boot.

Attachments

• Error1.JPG
    Error1.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 273
  • error2.png
    error2.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
We looked into it and found a problem in the UI components update process. Most likely it's due to the recent Windows updates, so we expect next windows update will fix it.
We'll continue the research to see if there is any way for us to be able to fix it from our side without waiting for Windows to provide a fix.

We looked into it and found a problem in the UI components update process. Most likely it's due to the recent Windows updates, so we expect next windows update will fix it.
We'll continue the research to see if there is any way for us to be able to fix it from our side without waiting for Windows to provide a fix.
bummer. thank you for the replay.

If you downloaded the game using the "ArcheRage client Direct download", the game may not have fully extracted and installed. Check the size of the game folder "Archerage NA", it should be around 36.5 GB.

I would suggest downloading using the "ArcheRage client Torrent file". You will need to install a BitTorrent Client in order to use the Torrent File that you download basically. I use uTorrent Web. you can get it at https://www.utorrent.com. This BitTorrent Client is very small, and easy to use. Install the game via this method. You can uninstall it after if you wish. I left it installed in order to help on this torrent. I have a very broad band connection, so the uploading is no issue for me.

If you have an issue after you make some game configuration changes. Delete the "client.version", reboot your pc (important), start the launcher, let it complete the File check (this will start automatically when you start the launcher. Click " Play" after it turns green and ignore any error windows that pop up (you can x them out if you want), and let the splash screen complete the poem. The game should launch.

Turn back on your AV protection and Windows Defender (if wanted). The issue is not related to this, but I left them off during the download and install process to eliminate all potential issues. Turning protection off could potentially (as always) open your pc up to infection, although the torrent community polices itself very well, so the risk is very small IMO. Just don't go surfing while doing this ..haha!

I am playing the game currently and had this issue. Good luck!

I tried the torrent download version this morning and it worked. I'm not sure why the direct download didn't want to download correctly.

Back