What's new

Question about gear

New prospective player here. I'm also curious about this. I quit Archeage on my first month back in 2015 when I discovered that it was necessary to have gear to compete in PvP, and gear was extremely difficult to get, and always behind a paywall.

How difficult is it to get decent gear? What about good gear?

edit: I believe the health of a community can be judged by its forums. If a poster cannot get a simple question answered within a few days, the community probably doesn't have many players. This bodes ill.

Last edited:
I am not the most experienced player out there. Played on live during 3.0 but not for long, so i still have much to learn.
But my 2cents: I'm playing here for 2 months now and i have 5k GS Primeval and i farm for gold alone doing crafting and playing the AH (i dislike trade packs). I had the support pack gear i yolo'ed it and all went *poof* :D so i started from scratch. Only used credits to buy solar design, inventory slots, convenience stuff etc
I am sure you can get gear even faster if you have a guild that does constantly guild activities and know the game better than me :D

The point is you don't have to worry much about catching up without P2W. On this server is much easier to gear up than it was on Live if you make some research and know what you're doing.
With the free Patron, 4x Labor and other custom changes, it's totally worth trying it :)

The avg GS might be 5-6k? I'm not sure tho, someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

The community is very active. In the days of discord forums are not used near as much. You can watch chat scroll at anytime of the day because there are always active people.

Back