What's new

Random FPS drops

TheCampingOwl

I get constant FPS drops every 10-15 seconds for no apparent reason regardless of what settings I'm on. Tried both Very High and Low, both provide the same problem, FPS drop every 10-15 seconds.

GPU: GTX 1060 3GB
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600X
RAM: 2x 8GB Corsair 3000MHz

There shouldn't be a problem with my specs considering the issue happens both on max and minimum and it's only related to this game. Not really sure what else can be tried.

Hi!

What frames do you have your FPS in? What's the FPS prior and after drop?

Hi!

What frames do you have your FPS in? What's the FPS prior and after drop?
80-90 FPS usually, in some areas that are more cluttered it goes down to 70-80.

It drops by about 10-20 frames, so 80-90 drops to 60-70 for example, i can visibly see it skip for a split second and then it goes back to it's normal numbers.

I've checked all my drivers for any potential updates, everything is up to date, changed bios settings regarding voltages, CPU speed, cores used, RAM speed etc, nothing has an effect on it. I will change the game to use DX9 instead of DX11 and see if that makes a difference.

You can efficiently play the game on 30 fps. 60 fps is already a very high result. To stabilize your fps switch to another DirectX (11 or 9 are two possible options) and make changes in your quality settings in game.

You can efficiently play the game on 30 fps. 60 fps is already a very high result. To stabilize your fps switch to another DirectX (11 or 9 are two possible options) and make changes in your quality settings in game.
That doesn't exactly do anything for me.

I've already changed the DX to 9, same issue, FPS drops constantly. While I can play the game, that doesn't make the FPS drops any less annoying to have every 10 to 20 seconds.

Let me put it another way, every 10-20 seconds it skips which means a command I give, such as a spell, does not go through and it wastes a second or two until i can actually cast it due to the FPS drop.

And I have already stated I have set the quality to the lowest settings available, the FPS drops are still present.

That doesn't exactly do anything for me.

I've already changed the DX to 9, the same issue, FPS drops constantly. While I can play the game, that doesn't make the FPS drops any less annoying to have every 10 to 20 seconds.

Let me put it another way, every 10-20 seconds it skips which means a command I give, such as a spell, does not go through and it wastes a second or two until I can actually cast it due to the FPS drop.

And I have already stated I have set the quality to the lowest settings available, the FPS drops are still present.

I have literally the exact same specs as you and have tried every method. I've come to terms that 3.0 patch just doesn't work well for newer CPUs, hoping 3.5 fixes it.

Back