What's new

Ravenspine wings (discussion thread)

In my opinion sloth glider is way more OP than that wings i dont see any problems with this item to exist in its unchanged form.

In my opinion sloth glider is way more OP than that wings i dont see any problems with this item to exist in its unchanged form.
Think of it this way: reactive invincibility on a 4-second cooldown. Sure, the ability to dash 30 meters is strong; however, it forces the player to disengage or in other words move a fixed direction. The wings allow someone to fly up (while invincible), sit in a fixed position, receive heals, and get back into a fight.

The difference between the gliders you've mentioned and the ravenspine wings is that in order for a player to utilize the special features of those gliders, they have to use a secondary glider skill, not just open the glider itself. We already have an invincibility glider (see: Ezi Glider), but it only allows the user to become invincible upon activating the invincibility skill. Why do so many people complain about the ravenspine wings, yet never complain about the ezi glider?

If you are getting focused by multiple players in PvP, it is still a challenge to use the Ezi glider skill because there is time between the opening of the glider and the execution of the skill. Comparatively, the ravenspine wings completely remove the time gap. As soon as the player simply hits their glide button, they're instantly invincible. Clearly the cash shop does affect pvp on archeage, however, that doesn't mean we need to add more and more items to it just for the sake of doing so. Where do we draw the line?

The reason I mentioned the Ezi glider is because there is a person (people?) who use a combination of both the sloth glider and the Ezi Glider to get away from people and heal up. the very thing people are complaining about is already happening admittedly with more keystrokes than the ravenspine wings.

Unlike the people who blindly oppose the wings for a reason that has already been put into practice with another cashshop glider, I'm at least able to make a compromise on the wings because I do see the frustration that they are talking about.

You really can't compare the Ezi glider to the Ravenspine Wings. The wings are extremely easier to use and use absolutely no skill want so ever.

The Ezi glider you have to click the immune ability therefore if you are not fast enough you can be knocked out of the air before even getting a change to inilvince and you are force to glider a certain direction .

The Ravenspine wings are "wings" you can activate them with instant immunity and sit in one spot, making it extremely easier for a healer to heal you or you can even sit right next to them and ravenspine Everytime you get low on HP.

This makes bursting a before them getting a heal almost impossible. If you run around with a pocket healer with the little amount of open world PvP this server has you're pretty much never going to die unless they have one aswell.

This glider is quit worthy of everyone has one.

The sloth glider isn't more OP at all, backdropping a few backwards when most people run Auramancy on the server and can just catch back up to you or get on a mount and chase you down vs. being completely immune to damage Everytime you get low on HP. Aswell as a boost up and forward and glider pinions/lvl 6 guild boost all while immune. Immune to get spammed with heals or even just wait a few seconds for cooldowns while you can sit in one spot.

You really can't compare the Ezi glider to the Ravenspine Wings. The wings are extremely easier to use and use absolutely no skill want so ever.

The Ezi glider you have to click the immune ability therefore if you are not fast enough you can be knocked out of the air before even getting a change to inilvince and you are force to glider a certain direction .

The Ravenspine wings are "wings" you can activate them with instant immunity and sit in one spot, making it extremely easier for a healer to heal you or you can even sit right next to them and ravenspine Everytime you get low on HP.

This makes bursting a before them getting a heal almost impossible. If you run around with a pocket healer with the little amount of open world PvP this server has you're pretty much never going to die unless they have one aswell.

This glider is quit worthy of everyone has one.

I'm not making the argument of just the Ezi glider, I'm making the argument of a combination of the Sloth + Ezi has been put into practice to reach the same effect the ravenspine wings do. You also have to remember that this is a private server where the annoyance of the ravenspine wings can be tuned/changed to be in line with other gliders/wings.

Well then meaby put separate skill like on Ezi glider, that would fix problem with reseting invince with just opening the glider ability.

Well then meaby put separate skill like on Ezi glider, that would fix problem with reseting invince with just opening the glider ability.

I would say so, maybe add it so you have to click the invince skill like Ezi and have increase damage taken by 50% when on them like all the other wimgs.

However we've never had it like that so would be hard to say without testing.

Maybe for controverial items like this, they should add it to the game on a 3 day timer or something and just add it to the gift panel for everyone to get for free for a few days so we can test it out.

Beats not having a PTS server.

Last edited:
Could also just change it from having the invincibility skill just to making it so you take damage but the glider won't break on damage?

Think of it this way: reactive invincibility on a 4-second cooldown. Sure, the ability to dash 30 meters is strong; however, it forces the player to disengage or in other words move a fixed direction. The wings allow someone to fly up (while invincible), sit in a fixed position, receive heals, and get back into a fight.

Oh jeez, is that how the ravenspire wings work? Fuck that. They need to leave these out of the game entirely or remove the invincibility effect.

Not one to bump an old thread, but now that we know the next box has this glider and what "changes" were implemented, I love how admin's changes to it was just nerfing the time of the invincibility while keeping the rest of it intact. Not putting it on a skill that needs to be used like Ezi's Glider, just a 2 second invincibility on a 4 second cooldown. You guys want to not be compared to Trion, and you know what? We were wrong to compare you to Trion. You're WORSE than Trion. You leave us to discuss better options giving us semblance of our opinions having power and you promptly shit on our ideas and put this in anyway with a slap on the wrist.

Not one to bump an old thread, but now that we know the next box has this glider and what "changes" were implemented, I love how admin's changes to it was just nerfing the time of the invincibility while keeping the rest of it intact. Not putting it on a skill that needs to be used like Ezi's Glider, just a 2 second invincibility on a 4 second cooldown. You guys want to not be compared to Trion, and you know what? We were wrong to compare you to Trion. You're WORSE than Trion. You leave us to discuss better options giving us semblance of our opinions having power and you promptly shit on our ideas and put this in anyway with a slap on the wrist.

From your post I can assume that you haven't tried the glider yet. Immunity on this glider was changed from 5 seconds to 2 seconds only. You'll waste one of these 2 seconds only to take off. So you are left with 1 sec only. That is not something that give you a huge privilege in the battle.
You also said about 4 secs cooldown. Where did you get that number from? The cooldown is not even close. The exact cooldown is 35 secs.

I've already said I want the Ravenspine wings. and yes, I do want them for the inuue ability. The most common argument I hear about the glider is that it bad for pvp but, the sloth glider and other cashshop items are already doing the same thing people are complaining about. low on health? use the sloth glider to disengage and reset the fight. low on health and got pursuers? use the sloth glider to disengage and the goblin glider to get out of render range. low on health again? use the cashshop costume to get a third health pot. The cashshop has already influenced the way people pvp in this game anyway and saying "This one item will be the downfall of 1v1" is silly when compared to what we already got in the game.

With that being said, I am also willing to settle for a nerfed version of the ravinespine wings. Give it something like a 40-45% rng chance to proc the imuue and I would still try to get it.

wrong.

so, you have two things wrong with this argument,
#1 - comparing sloth glider to ravenspine. Sloth glider requires activation of a skill, thus it can be STOPPED or prevented by a damage over time ability or by simply hitting them before they can activate the skill, the key difference with ravenspine is it requires no skill activation, as soon as the glider is deployed it renders the character immune regardless of debuffs, dots, anything. There is a reason people are not complaining about Ezi Glider. Ezi glider requires that a skill be pressed to trigger the immunity; Because Ezi glider can be prevented on majority of players with 50+ ping to the server. it is not ruining PVP.

#2 - the mentality of "well the cashshop already has pay to win items in it, let's add more" is literally what killed legacy ArcheAge PVP, for example look at Stormwrin Kirin on live (and basically anything else in the cash shop recently on live).

Now, that being said, stop defending the crutch glider, we all know its garbage.

You also said about 4 secs cooldown. Where did you get that number from? The cooldown is not even close. The exact cooldown is 35 secs.

My bad, it was a short cooldown when it was first brought to light with Live's PTR, but I heard that it was changed after introduction to be 35 or 45 seconds later on. Either way, it stagnates PVP and can outright negate it, and it's on a button press that requires no dexterity, which means every man, woman, child, potato, and moron can pull off, which will prolong or even outright end small skirmishes. We've already seen things you've said "weren't a problem" or "weren't a concern" before bite you in the ass, and I am sure this glider will be no exception.

wrong.

so, you have two things wrong with this argument,
#1 - comparing sloth glider to ravenspine. Sloth glider requires activation of a skill, thus it can be STOPPED or prevented by a damage over time ability or by simply hitting them before they can activate the skill, the key difference with ravenspine is it requires no skill activation, as soon as the glider is deployed it renders the character immune regardless of debuffs, dots, anything. There is a reason people are not complaining about Ezi Glider. Ezi glider requires that a skill be pressed to trigger the immunity; Because Ezi glider can be prevented on majority of players with 50+ ping to the server. it is not ruining PVP.

#2 - the mentality of "well the cashshop already has pay to win items in it, let's add more" is literally what killed legacy ArcheAge PVP, for example look at Stormwrin Kirin on live (and basically anything else in the cash shop recently on live).

Now, that being said, stop defending the crutch glider, we all know its garbage.

show me in the video where any of the glider abilities get interrupted before being used for their intended purpose.

2. this was in response to people saying that the cash shop wasn't affecting pvp so I don't know if you're taking this out of context intentionally or not.

EDIT: TO BE CLEAR The use I see for the glider is for a generic cc breaker that is used in other mmos like blade and soul and tera which has generic cc breakers that are used on a long cooldown timer. 1 would of settled for 1.5 seconds instead of 2 though.

Last edited:
Can we revisit this? I think the ravenspine either needs to be reworked to be more like the Ezi glider where the invincibility needs to be activated as a skill OR the invincibility time needs to be lower than 2 seconds (1.5 or 1 second) and the cooldown raised from 35 seconds to 90+ seconds.

It's completely ruined small-scale pvp and the overall consensus was that we didn't want it, but it was introduced anyway (albeit slightly nerfed).

Back