What's new

Regrading Costs

Zecen

Its been awhile since I played, and I was wondering why 3.5 had to bring high regrade costs? This was one of the things about 3.5 that I did not like, because it makes it hard to regrade things as a new person. 172 gold for a regrade chance at unique for a 2h weapon is absurd. With like a 28% chance.
Can we have the costs from 3.0 back, because I see no reason to have such a high regrade cost. At celestial its 258 gold for the try for a lovely 19.5% chance of success.

So, Trino logic... we lower A (regrade chances) by 5 points since everyone complained... but we raise B (regrade costs) by 5 points so it LOOKS like we did something, but everything remains just as hard. Why keep this borked system on Rage?

So, Trino logic... we lower A (regrade chances) by 5 points since everyone complained... but we raise B (regrade costs) by 5 points so it LOOKS like we did something, but everything remains just as hard. Why keep this borked system on Rage?

??? :confused::confused:

A and B, as you have put them, have both increased.

The discrepancy is the degree (i.e. percent magnitude/increase) that A or B went up by - they did not increase by the same "gradient", nor in a linear fashion.

Maybe this mismatch is what you mean when you say something was decreased?

----

Also why are you all regrading anyways. It is a fools errand. o_O

The only reason I can think of to do this would be psychological. They essentially reduce the number one killer of quitting the game through failures by increasing peoples success while not killing the market. Outside of that it really doesn't make sense what they did.

Back