What's new

Decimus

Good Evenin' Gents,

Just started playing on this server about a week ago, leveled as a Darkrunner until 52 and then swapped to Spellsinger. I got one of those Support Packs but would like to know what gear is good for a casting class before I use it.

I assume I'd want a fair/high amount of Physical Defense due to the prevalence of Darkrunners, though I can't imagine it doing a whole world of good since I'd probably be stunned the entire fight anyway. I've heard that going cloth with a sceptre/shield is the way to go to find a good balance between physical/elemental def.

Anyways, just wanted to get some professional opinions on this before I start working on gearing this character in earnest. I appreciate any and all advice from the fine folks from this forum, and I look forward to hearing your replies. Thank you.

Last edited:
Well, the main proposal of SpellSinger is to deal damage. Going plate you will loose a lot of potential and your build will be useless. If you wanna go SpellSinger, go Cloth with a Scepter +shield or Staff (Glass cannon).

If you are planing to have some PD and survive to DR, you should reroll your skill set. SkullKnight (occ+aura+def) and Abolisher (Battlerag+Shadowplay+Def) are the best tankers IMO.

Spellsimger is a glass cannon class, either go staff or scepter + magic dagger. You can get a shield if you want but it defeats the purpose of the class. Your goal is to do as much dmg as possible.

I use scepter + dagger, just for the option to swap to the shield in emergencies, without having to take off my weapon when equipping the shield.

Get a halcy cast time neck and healer pants for cast time if you end up playing the class.

Cheers,
Epic

Back