What's new

Splash Screen Crash / Game does not launch

Akai

Hiya!! So, as of right now my game is completely unplayable. Every time I click play on the launcher it takes me to the splash screen, loads a few words, and then closes. So I messed around with my DirectX versions, changing them around in the .cfg, 9, 10, and 11 don't seem to work when I change it. I figured it might be my IP so I messed around with my VPN and nothing worked. I updated my graphics drivers and Java, changed my DX back to 10 in the .cfg, launched the game, took me to the splash screen, this time it loaded the farthest. BUT soon after that, I got the message "Failed to load game data". So I just closed it out and relaunched it but this time the splash screen doesn't even pop up. I'm repairing the game while I made this post, so if that works I'll update this. But I'd sincerely appreciate some help as I want to play this game again after quitting the original a while back.

Your issue is DirectX based. Archeage can only run through DirectX 9 or 11. When 9 fails it falls under a fault in your current DX9 or just not having the right iteration of DX9. Which DX9.0C available to download from Microsofts website.
DX is built directly into Windows updates. If you don't ensure you have all of the latest updates DX11 may not run properly or at all. The other is that your gpu may not support DX11 or higher if it is very old

Figured as much!! Thank you!! I managed to remove DX from my system and reinstall, must've been corrupted. It's all fixed now

Back