What's new

State of the Server

You are incredibly stupid.

90%+ of GMs for every production game don't play the game they work on. Those days are long gone, not coincidentally, due to the very predictable corruption that happened. As far back as UO and GM Darwin.
I personally don't care one way or another if it's little jimmy the philippinian kid who's a GM or if it's me or Krowley or whoever else.

I just want GMs ingame.

With that caveat, I'm replying to you because you're wrong. I work in the industry. I've been a GM on three major titles and two smaller ones. I worked with three different companies. In every case, they encouraged us to play the game on our own terms as well, so we would experience it through the lens of a player, not just a GM. So we would know what to look for.

I can tell you, right now, that every single BDO GM also plays their game. Every single AA staff member also plays their game, from Korea to Japan, from China to Russia all the way to Trion's HQ. It's the same for WoW and ESO.

GMs play their games. They just don't lead guilds. Normally, this wouldn't even have been an issue, as Krowley and myself should have been issued Staff accounts with different names. I, for one, have absolutely no objection in retiring my main character (that's already in a shit tier guild) if it comes down to it and players feel uneasy otherwise.

GM corruption is always something that is a risk. It's just something that can be very easily caught and managed with such small teams... They just need to write an alert for anything that is not an authorized command. Ezpz,

authedCmds=Banstuff, Appealstuff;
if ( cmd != authedCmds) {
ban(fuckhead);
}

GM corruption is always something that is a risk. It's just something that can be very easily caught and managed with such small teams... They just need to write an alert for anything that is not an authorized command. Ezpz,

authedCmds=Banstuff, Appealstuff;
if ( cmd != authedCmds) {
ban(fuckhead);
}
There is probably a rank system for GMs to allow commands to be used or not, what they mean by corruption is mostly unfair usage of what they're allowed to do, not using commands they cannot use.

There is probably a rank system for GMs to allow commands to be used or not, what they mean by corruption is mostly unfair usage of what they're allowed to do, not using commands they cannot use.

Oh, you mean like flying around a million miles an hour or teleporting around..... ..... .....

I reported 2 people with video/gif evidence using no clip/speed hack in the past 48 hours. Both still openly running around cheating.

If this continues many people are going to quit. I don't think I need to explain the issue with Archeage with a low player base. Fix this.

@Krowley @Ulfnaor @Sparkle @IronLady

Cheating Scum
7qAEKSo.png

You're dead moose meat. Ill send my bois to come see yah. Gettem outta here

I personally don't care one way or another if it's little jimmy the philippinian kid who's a GM or if it's me or Krowley or whoever else.

I just want GMs ingame.

GMs play their games. They just don't lead guilds. Normally, this wouldn't even have been an issue, as Krowley and myself should have been issued Staff accounts with different names. I, for one, have absolutely no objection in retiring my main character (that's already in a shit tier guild) if it comes down to it and players feel uneasy otherwise.

how can they find someone trust worthy tho.. were nobody to them..

Really hoping to see a response from @Sparkle @IronLady soon, you guys have been doing good so far but this problem is really getting out of hand and a new automated system to detect cheaters is only a partial fix. People will still find ways around it, we need in-game GMs.

Really hoping to see a response from @Sparkle @IronLady soon, you guys have been doing good so far but this problem is really getting out of hand and a new automated system to detect cheaters is only a partial fix. People will still find ways around it, we need in-game GMs.

lol what have they been doing "good"? they've been silent since pcg went down, the only thing they ever said recently was the mistake of announcing castles to be next week but instead it happened last sunday..

Assuming the GM Access and control panel is as robust as it is in other games, Admins can limit the powers which GMs have. (i.e. Can't spawn items, but can teleport to, kick, and ban players). So I don't think GM corruption is much to worry about. Especially with the way this admin team seems to work.

Assuming the GM Access and control panel is as robust as it is in other games, Admins can limit the powers which GMs have. (i.e. Can't spawn items, but can teleport to, kick, and ban players). So I don't think GM corruption is much to worry about. Especially with the way this admin team seems to work.
It's not. Believe me. It's broken af. There's no GM ranks.
Either you're GM or you're not.

GM powers include but are not limited to -
Spawning as much currency you want
Spawning any item
Banning people
Setting debuffs on people
Giving anybody any amount of XP
Spawning objects (anvil, carpentry bench etc)
Summoning and tping to anyone.
There's more that I'm not gonna go into them. You can pretty much find out yourself

I reported 2 people with video/gif evidence using no clip/speed hack in the past 48 hours. Both still openly running around cheating.

If this continues many people are going to quit. I don't think I need to explain the issue with Archeage with a low player base. Fix this.

Yeah and I have friends that were reported by some people because of the glider bug and got banned without those reports being looked into whatsoever. Shit is fucked atm

Spawning any item
Banning people
There's more that I'm not gonna go into them. You can pretty much find out yourself

It almost sounds like you're explaining the powers admins have on a Minecraft server.

GMs have as much or as limited power as the people who control the server want. There is no "they're a gm so they have to be able to do this this and this".

Spawning any item
Banning people
Wait what?

A full server admin can definitely set what powers their GMs have. They can tailor them.

You guys are talking about GM's like this is the first online game in the world that had them. No, you wont be an ingame GM.
No, GM isnt allowed to use his power to profit from it, since their actions are under the microscope.
Yes, they have no restrictions on any actions, and they can get under your skin if you are doing something shady, destroy all of your capital and ban you instantly.

Isn't even down tho https://pixelgamecard.com/login
It's too late, economy been fukd in the ass
600g for 1k credits LUL : ok_hand :
He's right about this tho. Those who had 100k credits around are so wealthy now the economy is completly fucked. It's a shame something like this had to happen. It wouldn't have mattered that much if it was just down for 1 day but it's getting ridiculous. People have made so much gold due to this they are able to completly gear out their char and have gold on top of it. A damn shame.

Edit:
Just to point out how drastic this really is. 1000 credits could be bought for like 80g in the early days. Some people bought as much credit as they could so 100k credits isn't even a high figure (8000g). If you had a lucky craft or did good on thunderstrucks you could easily get there.

Normally this would be a long-term investment as credits were expected to rise slowly. However, due to the broken donation system this resulted in severe shortage of credits and the price skyrocketed. Like really, skyrocketed. Even with a price of 1000 credits = 400g that would be a plus of 32000g while the price for divines is compareably low (3000-4000g armor and 5000-6000 for weapon).

You'd need to regrade 2 epics and sell them for 20k each to get 40k gold. I think everybody here is aware how unlikely it would be to have 2 epics out of a 8000g bankroll used on regrades. And there have been people with far more then 100k credits. You can be sure about that. Some people on this server got so wealthy due to this it's insane.

Last edited:
He's right about this tho. Those who had 100k credits around are so wealthy now the economy is completly fucked. It's a shame something like this had to happen. It wouldn't have mattered that much if it was just down for 1 day but it's getting ridiculous. People have made so much gold due to this they are able to completly gear out their char and have gold on top of it. A damn shame.

From my viewpoint, they would had gotten rich via p2w anyhow over the period of time, be it 1 month or 1 week, is statistic.
Anyone willing to donate much, can win in most f2p mmo games easily. And they are a handfull, which cant impact the game much.

It is also possible that credits will return close to their original value once all those who were holding back cash in ,so the rest of the players can keep up.

From my viewpoint, they would had gotten rich via p2w anyhow over the period of time, be it 1 month or 1 week, is statistic.
Anyone willing to donate much, can win in most f2p mmo games easily. And they are a handfull, which cant impact the game much.

It is also possible that credits will return close to their original value once all those who were holding back cash in ,so the rest of the players can keep up.
Please also read my edit above. Even if credits return to a "normal" price at for example 200g /1000 credits. Those who have cashed out for the insane prices can reinvest and get even more wealthy.

Back