What's new

Suggestions

Just a bit less than 2 weeks passed from 3.5 release. It's still too early for the next global update, don't you think? You should still have what to do in 3.5. We also plan to continue with custom updates, improvements and new interesting in-game events, festival and quests.

I'm not asking for a specific date. But I don't think it's unreasonable to know how you guys will handle releases and if you guys intend us to catch up to live now that the most controversial/hated update is out of the way. 3.5 mostly revolves around Erenor armor, which probably doesn't apply to 90% of the players. That's okay, because future updates had plenty of content revolving that everyone enjoys or can get involved in. While we're not content starved, it's just nice to know what the ArcheRage admins have in mind for future release schedules and having us catch up on the huge backlog of costumes/furniture/event items/etc we're still missing as of 3.0/3.5, and all the cool stuff some of us are eager to get in 4.0 and upwards of 5.0.

I'm not asking for a specific date. But I don't think it's unreasonable to know how you guys will handle releases and if you guys intend us to catch up to live now that the most controversial/hated update is out of the way. 3.5 mostly revolves around Erenor armor, which probably doesn't apply to 90% of the players. That's okay, because future updates had plenty of content revolving that everyone enjoys or can get involved in. While we're not content starved, it's just nice to know what the ArcheRage admins have in mind for future release schedules and having us catch up on the huge backlog of costumes/furniture/event items/etc we're still missing as of 3.0/3.5, and all the cool stuff some of us are eager to get in 4.0 and upwards of 5.0.
If you don't ask for the dates, then, you are asking for the confirmation of the server updating further. Yes, we'll continue with global versions updates and custom changes.

Will there be changes on T3 cargos? I would suggest that they would increase the charcoal reward so it would feel rewarding to do them.

Can we get a keybind or a skill on every mount that interrupts our songs ?
It's really frustrating that you cannot change weapons while riding & playing for example Quickstep, or not being able to change our gliders after we Alarm Call -ed

Will there be changes on T3 cargos? I would suggest that they would increase the charcoal reward so it would feel rewarding to do them.

The amount of Charcoal we get isn't the problem with the system, but making us pay Vocation AND gold in order to run T2 and T3 packs is a massive gold sink. When we're having to wait for enough cargo to pile up in order to move them in such a way that they make a profit, that is the sign of a poor system (this is not a sleight on the ArcheRage staff, the system XL designed is just bad). When 200 T3 cargo need to be stockpiled in order for me to pay less than 1g per Charcoal, the flow of the system is bad because it's telling me to just run packs the old way. And since nobody is actively watching the NPC's for cargo as much as on Live (because of alts), we're stuck having to pay 50-60 gold to run 2 different cargos over the course of 20 minutes, and we only make a net gain of 20g and 21 Charcoal...we're in the red on both time and gold.

So......they should reduce the gold cost of purchasing T2 and T3 cargo if we want the system to run in tandem with the old system and give people different options for trade. As it stands, we have seen a tripling of costs in regrades, we have seen a tripling in costs of making Synthium Stones for costumes/undergarments, we have even seen a tripling in the monetary costs of seeds and saplings. But at no point do we see that kind of an increase in gold production. Close-to-trade-outlet packs (like Marianople and Cinderstone in relation to Two Crowns' cargo outlet) saw a doubling in gold value, but the further away the pack source was, the lower the percentage of increase profits for T1 packs were. We don't need another gold sink, and 3.5's trade system should stop being one.

The amount of Charcoal we get isn't the problem with the system, but making us pay Vocation AND gold in order to run T2 and T3 packs is a massive gold sink. When we're having to wait for enough cargo to pile up in order to move them in such a way that they make a profit, that is the sign of a poor system (this is not a sleight on the ArcheRage staff, the system XL designed is just bad). When 200 T3 cargo need to be stockpiled in order for me to pay less than 1g per Charcoal, the flow of the system is bad because it's telling me to just run packs the old way. And since nobody is actively watching the NPC's for cargo as much as on Live (because of alts), we're stuck having to pay 50-60 gold to run 2 different cargos over the course of 20 minutes, and we only make a net gain of 20g and 21 Charcoal...we're in the red on both time and gold.

So......they should reduce the gold cost of purchasing T2 and T3 cargo if we want the system to run in tandem with the old system and give people different options for trade. As it stands, we have seen a tripling of costs in regrades, we have seen a tripling in costs of making Synthium Stones for costumes/undergarments, we have even seen a tripling in the monetary costs of seeds and saplings. But at no point do we see that kind of an increase in gold production. Close-to-trade-outlet packs (like Marianople and Cinderstone in relation to Two Crowns' cargo outlet) saw a doubling in gold value, but the further away the pack source was, the lower the percentage of increase profits for T1 packs were. We don't need another gold sink, and 3.5's trade system should stop being one.

Agreed As of right now no one is running the stage 3 pack which ruining the entire 3.5 system. In fact I robbed a merchant yesterday and had to go to 2 different locations to hand in the stage 2 packs because it was full. I also got 30-25g per stage 2 pack I stole. At the same time knowing the poor Sod I stole it from paid 30g per pack. You pay 30 g for a pack run it across the sea get 25g !!!!! How is this not a broken system? Do something with stage 3 packs so people that are doing stage 2 can at least turn some profit.

T3 packs are currently looked into by our team. Some changes are planned be implemented in game to increase players interest in turning these packs in to make input and output relevant.

I'm sure this has been suggested in some shape or form...but going to give my two cents - A "Family & Guild" option. Just that. From a dev point of view, I don't know if it's easier to add a new radio button option to the UI, or instead convert the Family and Guild options to tickboxes, so a player can tick one or both.

Just saying cause I don't know how the backend handles permissions, so backend wise it may be less time consuming to add a new option (at the expense of trying to fit it into the UI), or more time consuming since the backend doesn't handle multiple options (but the UI will be cleaner with converting the current options to tickboxes).

Can we get a separate category of permissions for the houses?
Now there's only Family Only, Guild Only. So for example if a family member is in a separate guild and you make the property GUILD, family members which are not in that guild cannot access it anymore. Could a separate permissions category be created as: Family+Guild. It would allow family members to access the property also allowing the property owners guild to access it aswell.
And in reality usually if you want something shared with the guild, most likely u want to share it with family aswell.

I'm sure this has been suggested in some shape or form...but going to give my two cents - A "Family & Guild" option. Just that. From a dev point of view, I don't know if it's easier to add a new radio button option to the UI, or instead convert the Family and Guild options to tickboxes, so a player can tick one or both.

Just saying cause I don't know how the backend handles permissions, so backend wise it may be less time consuming to add a new option (at the expense of trying to fit it into the UI), or more time consuming since the backend doesn't handle multiple options (but the UI will be cleaner with converting the current options to tickboxes).

MAKE IT HAPPEN (Chests and Houses alike!)
'please

Would it be possible to get the ability to use the 'Remodel' button on any non-upgradeable building (i.e. Pavilion, Gazebo, Scarecrow Farm/Garden) to change it's orientation? Seems like a better option rather than demolishing the entire building and run the risk of having someone come over and place their own design.

Maybe require some tax certificates to re-orient the design.

1.jpg

Would it be possible to get the ability to use the 'Remodel' button on any non-upgradeable building (i.e. Pavilion, Gazebo, Scarecrow Farm/Garden) to change it's orientation? Seems like a better option rather than demolishing the entire building and run the risk of having someone come over and place their own design.

Maybe require some tax certificates to re-orient the design.

View attachment 6843
Building rotation is a feature of 4.0

Back