What's new

Thoughts on using bitcoin or other cryptocurrency for donations?

deadhead74

Bitcoin or even better, Litecoin and Ether with quick/low transaction fee's could keep XL games off your asses. Thoughts?

Bitcoin or even better, Litecoin and Ether with quick/low transaction fee's could keep XL games off your asses. Thoughts?

Lol that is literally the state we are in ATM. Bitcoin and Etherium are able to be used currently tho Etherium is the recommended choice due to lower fees.

It seems things are working out good, and admins are actively working on alternative methods for the future.

well cryptocurrency is the future. ;) Besides, you can mine etherium when offline to feed your AA addiction I guess lol.

Ethereum is going to be a perspective part of permanent donation way as a backup.
While the user-friendly donation means are being made available once again in the future.

it's bad you can only buy 20$ card on shadowcard, server now looks like a p2w server, cause almost noone is willing to spend 20$ on a row and in some websites of bitcoins minimum you can buy is 25$.
Now you say "You don't need to use all your money on shadow card to buy credits" and "For what do i need the rest 15$"?

In this case a few people can afford 20$, and if its few people, they can increase the price in gold inside server... P2W will win.

1000 credits was like 300g , now 600g. I cant buy cryptocoins , i need to spend gold, if "i " play f2p server will go down.

I want credits and don't want to spend my gold, I use paypal for everything, please be faster on a solution.

it's bad you can only buy 20$ card on shadowcard, server now looks like a p2w server, cause almost noone is willing to spend 20$ on a row and in some websites of bitcoins minimum you can buy is 25$.
Now you say "You don't need to use all your money on shadow card to buy credits" and "For what do i need the rest 15$"?

In this case a few people can afford 20$, and if its few people, they can increase the price in gold inside server... P2W will win.

1000 credits was like 300g , now 600g. I cant buy cryptocoins , i need to spend gold, if "i " play f2p server will go down.

I want credits and don't want to spend my gold, I use paypal for everything, please be faster on a solution.

As previously mentioned ,please simply try using ethereum, not bitcoin. As fees related to bitcoin are high.

As previously mentioned ,please simply try using ethereum, not bitcoin. As fees related to bitcoing are high.

For some people its just the fact there is a fee, no one likes to pay twice for something...... It could be £5 or £50, a charge is a charge.

For some people its just the fact there is a fee, no one likes to pay twice for something...... It could be £5 or £50, a charge is a charge.

True, but if i just want to buy 1000 credits, it's impossible, i need always to put 20$ minimum on shadowcard.

Example, a kid, "pls mother, can i spend 5$ for 1000 credits for a game?" or "mother, i need 20$ to buy 4600 credits on a game". Its a big difference.

In my case not a kid : i just spend money for what i need, if i want to buy a farm or a storage chest (its what i need in this moment), i don't want to spend 20$ , cause i don't need the 4600 credits and i don't need to trade for gold, because i can do gold in game.

Another thing, I am not against staff and nothing like that, it is just my opinion.

This crypto currency was announced since the beginning of December, is it Shadowcard the only way? aren't we having to much focus on Shadowcard?

Last edited:
True, but if i just want to buy 1000 credits, it's impossible, i need always to put 20$ minimum on shadowcard.

Example, a kid, "pls mother, can i spend 5$ for 1000 credits for a game?" or "mother, i need 20$ to buy 4600 credits on a game". Its a big difference.

In my case not a kid : i just spend money for what i need, if i want to buy a farm or a storage chest (its what i need in this moment), i don't want to spend 20$ , cause i don't need the 4600 credits and i don't need to trade for gold, because i can do gold in game.

Another thing, I am not against staff and nothing like that, it is just my opinion.

This crypto currency was announced since the beginning of December, is it Shadowcard the only way? aren't we having to much focus on Shadowcard?

Yes, i understand the issue completely, Admins responded positively on new means of making donations and are working on solutions as to implement a new user-friendly way, but it will require time.

Would like to see PayPal as a donation option.
PayPal is very open to being exploited for chargebacks and i do not think it would be an option.
Administration has other means of donating in mind that they are working on.

PayPal is very open to being exploited for chargebacks and i do not think it would be an option.
Administration has other means of donating in mind that they are working on.
That is true paypal simply refund payment if buyer puts a ticket in, that said I have registered with shadow card then attempted to buy credits for $s, then it asks me which coin I will use for purchase! Confusing or what? so I just selected a coin got another page with a hash on it telling me I have to do other shit which I could not see to complete purchase.

Bottom line is, I would love to donate and get some credits but if paypal is too awkward for AR then they should take a look at what players have to go through, because I cannot justify signing up to credit terms over shit I know nothing about while getting lost in the process.

Back