What's new

Tips For New Players

yasopa

With all the information out there for Archeage I have started to compile some basic information for new players coming to this server.
NOTE: Some information can not be exactly correct. This happens do to a few things like private server, Server is 2.9, and Retail being higher release, etc..

Let start this off by saying I and still new to this server. I only played retail up to 2.9 left right before the 3.0 patch. So I have been trying update myself on what changes happened. And what could be coming down the pipe line. So I'm hoping this will help people that and brand new to this server and people that are in kinda the same spot that I'm in. Also 3.0 is coming. So I would suggest that you start looking and join the conversation on this server about it. Some of this may change.
Retail Patch Notes: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?301401-Revelation-3.0-Update-Notes-Table-of-Contents
Forum post and links to discussion: https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?threads/archerage-3-0.4664/
Keep in mind this is a PRIVATE SERVER not everything in the retail patch notes may happen.

A few quick tips:
1. JOIN A GUILD. Even if you want to be a SOLO player later. Join one. It will help you get your feet wet and feel for the server. Also you will have a network of people to help. ( don't expect them to just hand you shit tho. Pull your weight.)
2. Ask questions. WTS 24x24 in ROOK. Ask how much. Start getting a feel for the economy on this server. Ask for price for EVERYTHING. Even if you are level 10.
3. Personal Option here. I waited to open one of my day chests that gave me the farm cart. Since I wasn't even level 52.
4. Start joining the events World Bosses, CR, etc... They are so helpful.
5. Have fun you downloaded this game for a reason enjoy it.

Here is a quick and simple guide that another person posted I found helpful. https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?threads/level-50-questing-gear-guide.3120/
You can start it at level 44.

Lets get this out of the way since it's always a hot topic. LAND. It's one of the most wanted thing when you decide to start up the game. It's also the most disheartening and troublesome thing when you search day and night looking to find only 8x8's. Something to remember is you can't even craft till lvl 52 so don't care about houses or land. Worry about getting to 52-55. Start researching were you would like to have land.
Ask yourself 2 questions. 1: Am I a farmer and will sell mats and rare crafting on AH? or 2: Am I a trade pack runner? These questions will help you pick were you want land. This interactive map is nice to kinda get a overview of the land types and area climates among many other things.
http://www.archebox.info/map If anyone found a 3.0 interactive map please let me know.

Land is kinda hard to find here. With it being a private server and the way the rates and labor changes. Taxes are easy to get. So people can hold mass plots of land. It's not impossible tho! Once you find your area you want land start stalking like a creepy person. Watch for demos all the time. (this is were a guild can help as networking).
Learn how to properly land grab. Learn the process. There are loads of videos on how to do it.
Here is a video that I found that was helpful on the little details:
Also check your ping NA and server IP is - 192.99.19.165

WITH LAND DON'T GIVE UP!!!! It's not the solo purpose of the game to get land. Helpful but plenty of fun stuff to do other than worry all the time about land.
Currently I own 2 8x8's that's it. So I feel the pain. Also I plant illegal farms for certain mats. It's ok tho I want 3.0 patch since I will get land when that happens.

For money it's not to hard to get money here since the rates and stuff are raised. Also since this is a private server the trade pack values are normally always at 130%. Again there is a tool in game you can check.
Look up some easy trade runs. Rook to Falcorth easy simple and doesn't even require land. Help if you have land but there are plenty plenty of 8x8's. But do your research.
This may not be full accurate but it's close enough to get a better idea: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...sTkqeCyiMWkafuvqUwKB3PKjw/edit#gid=1828877471
Coin purses and AH sell what you can also Everstones use them and sell the mats. Unless you want to stock pile them for crafting after 52 your choice. Plenty of passive ways to get money. I don't recommend you do this all the time but login daily and get enough tokens for some Lucky Moon,Star, or even sun and sell on AH that can really help you get a nice buffer.

Leveling:
It's odd here with the rates and crafting lvl 52 stuff. Fishing is a option and popular one I have found. But pricey. Bait worms. O the bait worms. Pained me every time I had to buy those damn things. The other option was I decided I needed chopped produce for my packs so I started buying potato's and processing them for some exp. REMEMBER to pop your boosters. When I didn't have money to purchase the potato's or worms I did the green quests and every sign post grind. The guild I joined helped with the grind too they kills I looted the purses.

There are soooo many options and things you can do in this game so to try and cover everything is impossible. These were just some of the things that helped bring me back up to speed.
Also I will leave you with this playlist of youtube videos they cover loads of stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfGO6nwLkgL2oYfMe5ORLCtX8ToEoz-gW

As a personal note here. I'm not worrying right now to much for gear, or land. I want to re roll a Warborn and since you can't move certain gear to a new toon I don't want to spend or grind for gear. So I feel that joining kinda right before 3.0 I'm kinda in a stalemate area. It has given me loads of time to make money and update myself about 3.0 and how this private server is. So when 3.0 does hit I can be a bit ahead of the game with leveling and gear my new main also having plenty of designs for houses and taxes when land opens up. So keep that in mind if you just started and want to main a Warborn or whatever the west is. :p

If there is better or more information that I miss please just let me know and I can add it to here.

Yasopa

Thank you my friend, i am new to this game, and i still have no idea on what im doing, i heard that the private server is far more better then official game, right now im downloading the game nd im so exited to jump into it !!! i just hope i find nice people to help me out with my questions cause im still a noob :p

Back