What's new

Unable to harvest, log or mine

Winchester

I keep getting an error, anytime I try to gather any mats. It tells me my level is too low. I'm now level 19, and still getting this same error. Any solutions, tips, tricks to this that I'm missing?

Yeah, I'm already level 19 and still can't harvest, or gather. I can't craft either which means any crafting quests I get are going to have to sit and simmer until the game decides I'm high enough.

So, went over it, caught the tail end first like you said, before going over the rest of it. I guess I just don't understand why they handicapped crafters. The only way I'll be able to get mats is to buy them from the AH, and without the ability to craft - because I can't do that either until I hit level 52, there's no point in buying them. Or really trying to do anything in the game other than quests that don't require crafting, and killing mobs until I hit 52. I can't even make hereafter stones, which I have a quest for until I hit 52.

I see this as a major problem. Am I the only one that sees it as such?

I just started a few days ago too and was wondering about this. But it was apparently implemented to limit the botters in their ability to make cash with just making new alts. But you can just do your green quest and with the gold u made buy baitworm. Just afk fish in solis for a few hours with all buffs on and you should be good.

Am I the only one that sees it as such?

Yep, pretty much. We all had to go through it, why should you be any different just because you came in late. Some people actually were able to use labor at lvl 20, for the first week. Guess we should be mad at them for not starting when you started.

I just started a few days ago too and was wondering about this. But it was apparently implemented to limit the botters in their ability to make cash with just making new alts. But you can just do your green quest and with the gold u made buy baitworm. Just afk fish in solis for a few hours with all buffs on and you should be good.

this...

So, went over it, caught the tail end first like you said, before going over the rest of it. I guess I just don't understand why they handicapped crafters. The only way I'll be able to get mats is to buy them from the AH, and without the ability to craft - because I can't do that either until I hit level 52, there's no point in buying them. Or really trying to do anything in the game other than quests that don't require crafting, and killing mobs until I hit 52. I can't even make hereafter stones, which I have a quest for until I hit 52.

I see this as a major problem. Am I the only one that sees it as such?

Completely skip all crafting and gathering untill lvl 52, just dont focus on that, focus on getting 52 fast, than think about everything else.

The fishing method is good for your alts n shit , I dont see why anyone would use that on a main. If its your first character dont waste money on bait, just speed level while questing and killing mobs, then use the money to I dont know, get good gear on main??

Its not like you are wasting 100+ gold on baitworm. and yeah mate im gonna use those 50 gold i spent on rod and baitworm to buy me some good gear kappa.

Yeh I guess its better to waste that 100g on non-useful things than having it. Feel free to send 100g/day to Ulcaster since its so useless.

Yep, pretty much. We all had to go through it, why should you be any different just because you came in late. Some people actually were able to use labor at lvl 20, for the first week. Guess we should be mad at them for not starting when you started.

this...
Never said I should be different, just didn't understand why crafting was being limited. Now that it's been explained, I understand it. Nothing I had read up to this point gave any indication that the crafting system was level restricted, so anyone reasonable can understand the confusion.

Back