What's new

Unpopular Opinion - Housing and Taxes

reinartz

Okay so I grind to 52 using this game's terrible tab targeting combat system which I never wanted to do in the first place just so I can farm. I get to 52, and surprise surprise there is no available land.

With increased labor regen making tax certificates is easy, you can easily own 10 pieces of land on a single account.

At this point feels like I wasted my time on this server, I don't want to fight monsters, I want to farm.

If tax price was increased to where each player could only hold 1-2 pieces of land then maybe new players could get some as well.

Actually, you have a point. I don't agree with you about the 'tab target' combat system (it's one of the things I love about the game :D). But it is unfair for one person to have multiple properties while others have none.

But rather than raise the taxes, perhaps there should be a limit placed on how many properties one person can own?

worked for it

tumblr_of02l0VfTL1ruw1vso1_500.gif

So, just take away the land of people who worked for it because you were too slow or started playing later?

Hmm you have a point too. I really don't know the answer.

I will say this though, when patch 3.0 hits, a lot of land should become available. Patch 3.0 is known as the 'carebear nerf'. It killed farming on the official servers, and a lot of people let their land go (I was one of them).

So don't give up hope just yet.

Archeage has always been a game where the people who get in first have an advantage. In fact, this is true in almost any competitive MMO. Even if there is "no land" as you say (there's likely still some around just not in prime areas) then you should know I've already seen several people selling plots for as little as 300 gold via land certificates. You can probably find it cheaper via demo if you don't mind taking the risk on. You also have the option of using public farms and 8x8 farms (which there is absolutely without a doubt room for even in good areas) before you're able to afford bigger personal plots. As far as I know there's no rule against making new characters to unlock your 8x8 and put those down.

Okay so I grind to 52 using this game's terrible tab targeting combat system which I never wanted to do in the first place just so I can farm. I get to 52, and surprise surprise there is no available land.

With increased labor regen making tax certificates is easy, you can easily own 10 pieces of land on a single account.

At this point feels like I wasted my time on this server, I don't want to fight monsters, I want to farm.

If tax price was increased to where each player could only hold 1-2 pieces of land then maybe new players could get some as well.

I am aware there are many newbies still comming to the game, and the situation is harsh, recently found out there will NOT be any new land for quite some time, since 3.0+ update is not going to be this year.

My suggestion is to do trade runs untill you can buy at least one of those plots, or constantly scout for demolitions.

And yes, it was a huge error allowing day 1 players to capture those amounts of land with these labor rates, i will never understand how devs overlooked such an issue and allowed no labor block from start,
but that is the past now.

Actually, you have a point. I don't agree with you about the 'tab target' combat system (it's one of the things I love about the game :D). But it is unfair for one person to have multiple properties while others have none.

But rather than raise the taxes, perhaps there should be a limit placed on how many properties one person can own?

Land barons are going to push cash shop taxes to its limits to expand, and it is a means to fund the game, so its a necessary evil i guess.

BlulumNA is right, you'll definitely be able to find room for your 8x8 garden farm.

But what you'll need to do now is use 'hidden farms' in the wild. This is not as bad as it sounds (I did this for ages in the official servers before I could finally afford to buy a farm) because it's actually quite fun and challenging to find good hiding spots :D.

Actually, once I did get my farm, farming became a bit boring. I must admit, constantly watching the clock and that little bit of tension made farming exciting. But I dunno, maybe I'm just odd o_O.

But don't despair just yet, there are ways around this.

The problems were the old dead server contents. We got full p2w housing in the start. You can lock huge lands with treehouses and cash shop farm in 1st hour. Nobody can compete without money. And no more lands now. 1st farm after 1weak and tree house in 500 loyalty time would be real fair game. But cash was stronger than brain.

The problems were the old dead server contents. We got full p2w housing in the start. You can lock huge lands with treehouses and cash shop farm in 1st hour. Nobody can compete without money. And no more lands now. 1st farm after 1weak and tree house in 500 loyalty time would be real fair game. But cash was stronger than brain.
While I agree that the treehouse was a bit extreme everyone had the chance to get one. I realize there are people that put like 4 or 5 down but I personally have 1 and am happy with that. You get the treehouse for 2000 credits which is less $ than a patron sub on the retail servers that you'd need to own land... so there's that.

I've been roaming the zones a couple days after server start and even the housing in Marianople had 24s and 16s open, even connected plots. So please, only blaming the cash shop when you could claim plots with 2 cottages within the first hour seems like a weak excuse for mismangement in terms of getting land.

Even if someone is screwed now and has to pay 200-300g for a 16 so be it. You have tons of labor on this server and if you farm coin purses for some hours you should be able to buy a plot. There's also mining, which is very profitable with iron prices sitting at 20 gold and stone brick still sitting at 20-25 gold. If someone can't put in that amount of work for an investment it's their loss.

The place i put my land took 6 days to fill up. Could of easily got a thatched farmhouse and a cottage day one with gilda and put it down to save a spot.

the price is irrelevant. This content made land rush cas shop only content AND lock all lands in short time. = no more land. Less players have lands. This is not fair system. Lock out new players is bad system.

When people act like 5 dollars to donate for a scarecrow was p2w or a little over 10 for a tree house + scarecrow or is that too much out of your lunch cost or minus a few starbucks lattes cmon. sad when people complain and if you were f2p you had time to sell all the ore you could to buy credits super cheap to buy what you wanted. I came a week late and still found a 24x24 and 16x16 in Golden Ruins.

the price is irrelevant. This content made land rush cas shop only content AND lock all lands in short time. = no more land. Less players have lands. This is not fair system. Lock out new players is bad system.
If you've read the responses there has been plenty of land even days after the server launched so I really have a hard time following you here. Yes, the most valueable zones like Halcy, Mermaids Tear, DS have been blocked on day1 & 2 but that is to be expected.
Even if there wasn't a treehouse or stellar farm it would've been blocked. 100% sure. Peolpe wouldn't have leveled their main and just rushed gildas until they can't block no more. It wouldn't have been treehouses but tatched farmhouses and cottages.

Last edited:
That just how ArcheAge is, multiple people sat at their PC for hours before launch just so they could get the best spot they want, everything is relatively cheap and I see numerous plots of land up for sale. If you want it that bad Im sure you can buy some.

Also I still see some open spots from time to time. Its not impossible just hard this late in. Good luck! :D

squid: 8x8 is not "land" . You can't find lands in west. East is irrelevant for nuians. If you didn't fill up, that is your fault. And this will not change system. Large spots blocked by cash items = less user will have lands = less players will play and less players will build fortress = castle lands will be unlocked later. Cheap or expensive is nit argument. Cash is cash.

Back