What's new

Urgent Issue: Land

Last night I ran/flew around housing areas and zones w my lunar plan out. I found nothing in White Arden, Marianople, Two Crowns, or Dewstone. You guys must just be lucky with your timing. Perhaps you're not trying to place a farm and just "see an area that could fit a farm". In any case, about the best option I could think of would be pre-built housing. Bought with Guilda or Gold in a similar fashion as on Mirage Isle. Maybe a house and a farm joined. Cut down on this ridiculous waste of space. 12 or 24 hour lockout from buying a new property. Only one toon allowed per account (since you can change skillsets at will you don't need more than one toon). Varying plots with different housing. I realize this is probably out of the question, however it would be a hell of a lot more fair for those who work or don't have the time.

Last night I ran/flew around housing areas and zones w my lunar plan out. I found nothing in White Arden, Marianople, Two Crowns, or Dewstone. You guys must just be lucky with your timing. Perhaps you're not trying to place a farm and just "see an area that could fit a farm". In any case, about the best option I could think of would be pre-built housing. Bought with Guilda or Gold in a similar fashion as on Mirage Isle. Maybe a house and a farm joined. Cut down on this ridiculous waste of space. 12 or 24 hour lockout from buying a new property. Only one toon allowed per account (since you can change skillsets at will you don't need more than one toon). Varying plots with different housing. I realize this is probably out of the question, however it would be a hell of a lot more fair for those who work or don't have the time.

You would have been unlikely to find anything in those zones, they are safe and considered prime lands, there is in fact still land in warzones.

I have seen 16x+ spots in karakass, hasla and rookbourne. Nobody really wants this land unless desperate (hasla is the exception)

This is one of the reason that the archeage population died too in the first place, unless u solve the land issue so all people have a fair chance, people that will be coming in the next 1 week, 2 week, 1 month and so on will have no chances of getting fair land, either if u think its fair or not, or u think that this game is a land business, the land business is killing the population, right now even more, and yes, most ppl have 3 land slots, some have 4-5 ive seen some with 8 too, you forget that this game was designed to be ran with a massive number of people, and since most game content requires lots of players, having this issue will lead to an unpopulated server where a couple of people own a lot of land, and a fairly certainly low game population, and u all know that sucks, you have all seen the epic wars on oficial servers between guilds like 6v6 or max 7v7, with low pop comes a shit economy, look at dungeons, barely 1-2 groups per day, and more so on a buggeable dungeon, archeage would be so great if it would have a real pvp competitivity, instead of how it currently is

You are all complaining about the core concept of the game. There is a SET LIMIT of land available and those who get it GET IT! END OF STORY. It isn't mean to cater to all... the design of the model is that those who get it first and can afford the labor/buy more can keep it. To own a plot of land isn't a right, its a privilege of those players who came first or those who could afford to buy it. The only thing that could be altered is a number of unbuilt lands, which is already set to two. Quit QQ'n and play the game to build up to be able to buy it off of someone or plant illegal farms. This IS how game mechanics work. If you would read the whole thread all of these statements have been made, and all anyone else is doing from this point on is just crying about the same thing which has been discussed and disputed through this whole thread. the admins don't have the ability to alter the core game mechanics as they stated.

honestly not whining or anything but i seen alot of farms just being there unused by maybe an alt just saving space for someone else or selling a farm they do not own (putting a 8x8 in the middle of a possible 16x16 and then selling those 2 spots as their are his own) altrought i do disagree with 2 farms per char it is true most places in the west are claimed by alts or people placing 8x8 on a perfect 24x24, also what i whould love to see implemented its the housing limit zones, there are spaces where a 16x16 could be placed but the zone limit is just touching the bloody corner like just a little bit of it and it won't do, while there are places where they litteraly let you place a 8x8 in the middle of the road.
So only saying maybe fix the limit zone rather than the max amount of houses per char..but thats my opinion.

honestly not whining or anything but i seen alot of farms just being there unused by maybe an alt just saving space for someone else or selling a farm they do not own (putting a 8x8 in the middle of a possible 16x16 and then selling those 2 spots as their are his own) altrought i do disagree with 2 farms per char it is true most places in the west are claimed by alts or people placing 8x8 on a perfect 24x24, also what i whould love to see implemented its the housing limit zones, there are spaces where a 16x16 could be placed but the zone limit is just touching the bloody corner like just a little bit of it and it won't do, while there are places where they litteraly let you place a 8x8 in the middle of the road.
So only saying maybe fix the limit zone rather than the max amount of houses per char..but thats my opinion.

Lol TBH I thought that the specific housing areas still existed in the game, I even went as far as grinding out 50 gilda the first day before even looking at land. I played alpha up until right after the addition of the 20 second wait for housing to drop, then quit until early sept. of this year. Heck i didn't even know what obsidian gear was when i started back up XD.

Also the fact that people see a spot for 2 16x16 and they put their farm right in the middle of the spot, so no one else can take the available space.
People put their farms/houses like if their neightbors have some kind of sickness, far away from each others, but not far away enough to leave an available plot for a 16x16. So Yes, there's a lot of wasted land all over the map.

Also the fact that people see a spot for 2 16x16 and they put their farm right in the middle of the spot, so no one else can take the available space.
People put their farms/houses like if their neightbors have some kind of sickness, far away from each others, but not far away enough to leave an available plot for a 16x16. So Yes, there's a lot of wasted land all over the map.

Thats what i been saying the amount of wasted land some people are just throwing away could easily help a lower player get his first farm, i mean i have 3 spots but i whould love to get an island spot, but now none of them are open...not in the west nor in the sea...i wonder if the pirates have some land...

It doesnt matter who is right or wrong, or what was intended for the housing system to work, its a korean mmo after all, or japanesse, wth knows. but the main issue is: the land drama kills the server no matter who is right or wrong, and in the end, all of you will be left with couple of people who agree to the land issues and everyone else gone, it was never intended for people to own so many lands per person just to sell them off, the fact that the devs made a mistake and never corected it, since it was no issue with it in the koreans server doesnt mean its a part core of the game, look at aion for example, the "weaving issue", where you simply said, add one auto attack between skill uses, and u increase ur dps by a ton, now everyone thinks, weaving is part of melees skills in dps, which is where they are wrong, its basically a deep bug in the combat system that was never corected and people took advantage of, and due to the said weaving my templar tank was always able to pull off the most insane dps(top50 of people on sv) while tanking most of the endgame content as a main tank, due to this issues, no one wants magic dps-ers in partyes, they only want melees

that being said, i hope you see how some issues affect the game, apart from whos right or wrong, because the fact still remains that no matter who is right or wrong, wont stop the game population from decreasing each day, even at the current time, and here you can ask the gm's to post some stats, poeple are leaving, slowly

Back