What's new

War Tiger Request

Vexaro

Mostly @Sparkle. Is it possible to adjust the stealth timer on the tiger?

Steel and Crimson Lightning have 1 minute of stealth with a 2 minute cooldown. Mooner, Iceneer and Igneer have 45 seconds stealth with a 2 minute cooldown. Ganesha has lord knows how long a stealth. War Tigers like Shayeera have....5 seconds stealth with a 1 minute cooldown. Five seconds.

Could you not adjust that, even if to just, say 15 seconds? as it is right now, most of everyone rides one of the 3 Elks for the speed and stealth utility. Tiger has the speed but useless stealth thats little more than a prep for her dash.

Probably wouldn't break anything, and there'd be less of a need for 70% of the server to ride the same 3 Elks.

Tiger has other skills that make it a very demanded mount in addition to the speed that is higher than many other mounts have. Stealth is just a bonus skill that is not supposed to be long time one.

war tigers are similar to the stormrose and the soulmare.. those mounts also have a 5 second stealth dash. it's just a different kind of mount, if you want stealth mount get a different one x)

next up, i bet someone asks if the soulmare/elephant 2nd stealth skill can be changed to being able to move with it XD

Tiger has other skills that make it a very demanded mount in addition to the speed that is higher than many other mounts have. Stealth is just a bonus skill that is not supposed to be long time one.
Very demanded, thats funny, you know its funny. The server has like 100 Elks for every War Tiger.

The tiger looks great, and does do 11.5 m/s but that is it. Can you name the great skills on her? is it overwhelm and its tiny stun? no. Gnaw? thats more like useless, rip-roaring is as useless as gnaw, that leaves Careen, which is her dash coming from stealth, and outside of that there is nothing in terms of utility for the tiger.

Meanwhile the Elks are not only just as fast as these tigers, but they will do circles around you all while in stealth. Its not a coincidence that the gross majority of mounts especially in pvp events like halcy and whatever else, are these 3 Elks. You offer no viable options, everything thats not an Elk atm is just a subpar RP mount.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
No surprise, in a game with 120 classes and where most of the population is playing the same class.
I just don't think it would hurt anybody to spruce up the stealth on the tiger. 15 seconds with 60 of cooldown is still hardly worth a mention, but it woulda been something.

Five seconds is just taking the mickey, on a mount that takes about a month and a half of logging in every single day for at least 3 hours and doing merchant event every single week. Meanwhile i can just grab a moon/igneer from AH right now for 5 or 6k and have better than this tiger. Interesting balance that.
war tigers are similar to the stormrose and the soulmare.. those mounts also have a 5 second stealth dash. it's just a different kind of mount, if you want stealth mount get a different one x)

next up, i bet someone asks if the soulmare/elephant 2nd stealth skill can be changed to being able to move with it XD
They share no similarities. War Tiger is not only far more costly to get, its also faster than almost any horse available, exception made to maybe dread steed. Everything else are mounts you get because you might enjoy the look of, they're RP mounts.

Its also why i specifically suggested the tweak to the tigers stealth, rather than say, a leomorph, that also stealths but has nothing in common with the tiger and no part in this discussion, neither does soulmare. War Tiger can effectively be made an almost elk type mount with little change (so could Steel Lightning if you adjusted its speed), and just in those you'd already have 2 great alternatives to Elks, instead everyone is being funneled to the same mount.

Not sure what you get from it, but knock yourselves out.

I just don't think it would hurt anybody to spruce up the stealth on the tiger. 15 seconds with 60 of cooldown is still hardly worth a mention, but it woulda been something.

Well, it there must be a reason if in every game stealth has always a number of limitations, like actions available, movement or cooldown, and you can never fight while stealthed.

They share no similarities. War Tiger is not only far more costly to get, its also faster than almost any horse available

Then is powerful enough, I see no reason why should have even more abilities.

Then is powerful enough, I see no reason why should have even more abilities.
Powerful enough?

So an Elk that does the same 11.5 m/s AND has 9 times the stealth duration, AND has skills that can prop up an archer to one shot weaker targets (ive been hit for 14k from those arrows), AND is easier to get than the tiger, then that is what, too powerful is it? lets nerf Elks then. Or buff the tiger and steel lightning, seems alot more reasonable.

Also don't see where i suggested more abilities. I asked for a small buff of the existing kit.

Last edited:
Just introduce mount images already. Let us copy the appearance of mount-a onto mount-b while keeping its skills.

Shayeera cost = 600 Loayas
War Tiger Armor (you need that too) = 60+65+50 = 175 Loyas
Total Shayeera = 775 Loyas ... thats roughly 10k gold atm if you convert your Loyas to Lucky Sunpoints and sell them
hey..but it got a nice style xD

Thats not possible. Every mount has unique animations
But changing the stats is as easy as changing the number on the skill. I remember when you re-introduced the tiger back to loyalty shop it came with 10 m/s and bugged armor that wouldn't equip. Within a day, you changed the speed value and at server restart it was back to 11.5 m/s as per usual.

Changing its stealth duration is probably of the same difficulty, change the number from 5 to 15. It doesn't break anything, its still far less than an Elk, and you're at least throwing a bone at the people that put the blood sweat and tears forth to go and earn this mount.

At least consider it.

But changing the stats is as easy as changing the number on the skill. I remember when you re-introduced the tiger back to loyalty shop it came with 10 m/s and bugged armor that wouldn't equip. Within a day, you changed the speed value and at server restart it was back to 11.5 m/s as per usual.

Changing its stealth duration is probably of the same difficulty, change the number from 5 to 15. It doesn't break anything, its still far less than an Elk, and you're at least throwing a bone at the people that put the blood sweat and tears forth to go and earn this mount.

At least consider it.
You've not understood. Imaging mount appearances is something not possible. Which is entirely unrelated to mount abilities which Sparkle has already commented on and will not adjust the stealth duration

They make no money off loyalty items so that's why they don't want to change it despite it being outclassed by elks. There's no point using anything else except for cosmetic reasons.

I will say this...you guys release mounts like 3-4 times a month and after playing on this server for 10 months the main mount that I see are the elks...that right there is a problem. We need more mount diversity and it's driven by the functionality of the mount and right now the elks seem to be it. You guys don't see a problem with that?

They make no money off loyalty items so that's why they don't want to change it despite it being outclassed by elks. There's no point using anything else except for cosmetic reasons.

but, they sort of do. if people buy credits they get more loyalty..

I will say this...you guys release mounts like 3-4 times a month and after playing on this server for 10 months the main mount that I see are the elks...that right there is a problem. We need more mount diversity and it's driven by the functionality of the mount and right now the elks seem to be it. You guys don't see a problem with that?
Agreed, all I see are the same three elks all day everyday and in a sense that takes out the diversity of mounts unless you release a different mount with the same/similar abilities

I think what the OP has suggested does warrant a look. Going from 5 to 15 seconds on the stealth may allow more people to use one. If you think about it, this would also generate more credit use. Just the fact that most people use the Elk, and the majority play DR, suggests a look is needed.

Just the fact that most people use the Elk, and the majority play DR, suggests a look is needed.
Change stats and skills of another mount to make it "stronger", and majority of the people will use that.
The same with class skill, change for example some Sorcery skill, and all those DR will suddenly turn to Daggerspell or Enigmatist.

I think is more related to the people, many seems focused on "what is the best" instead on what they like or what is good for them.

Back