What's new

WOW number of players with this tinie change to this game?

Not

Simple, make the interrupted skills enter in cooldown and mana cost be consumed.

Overlooking this simple concept's importance was the biggest mistake of the creators of this game, but is also why most people is still playing WoW.

With this simple change player's skills and timing abilities become more powerful and tactical... The fact that skills dont enter cooldown makes interruptions skills almost useless since the caster just starts casting again unless you follow up with silence or shackle or a long cc. It is a very silly mistake the koreans made. When the cooldown system works this way many more classes become usefull and many more skills become chooseable.

Last edited:
Simple, make the interrupted skills enter in cooldown and mana cost be consumed.

Can you elaborate? When enemy interrupts your skill we already get cd and mana used afaik? Depending on whether or not the skill has a cooldown on top of global cd ofc. And not everyone decreases their global cd.

Or are you saying skills that don't have extra cooldown aside from the global one should get that too? Not something that would interest me at all, would make farming mobs awful for some people, as one example of a con.

Edit; and i feel theres a ton of players on the server already xd

Magic classes that have long casting skill that are easily interrupted by movement would become unplayable.

Magic classes that have long casting skill that are easily interrupted by movement would become unplayable.
You mean like the 20 million players playing wow's magic casters classes with thouse characteristics and DOMINATING the game because of a good splash of interruptions and crowd control up their own sleeves like what you could get just by adding witchcraft or occultism to the caster class you like?

(And that is not to mention that just by adding the right astrals you can disapear the need for long casts or channels in classes with both occultism and sorcery... between an instant none chaneled summon wraith and gods whip pluss instant meteor strike... or adding instant freezing chain lighting to combo with freezing arrow no cast time due to frigid trucks and earn pvp 10 sec to cast a nice long cast meteor stricke pluss god's whip after arc lighting and properly erradicate whatever enemy... )

Last edited:
Can you elaborate? When enemy interrupts your skill we already get cd and mana used afaik? Depending on whether or not the skill has a cooldown on top of global cd ofc. And not everyone decreases their global cd.

Or are you saying skills that don't have extra cooldown aside from the global one should get that too? Not something that would interest me at all, would make farming mobs awful for some people, as one example of a con.

Edit; and i feel theres a ton of players on the server already xd
No extra cool-down, and I did not know this version of archerage was already working with that particular nice twist! Now I want to play more, thanks matte.

Oh I know its a success, it is just that I know it is exactly because of this that people playing wow did not migrate ALTOGETHER to archeage when it was open in the west, but if you tell me this is working this way we just need a little advertisement that wow vets can hear to steal them all.. This cooldwn problem and the pay to win and grind were the 3 reasons jake song did not properly stolen and implement into archeage from wow but these other issues have been fixed in archeRage here by the x5 xp and loot. basically, because of the x5 you can actually just get the same powa with a little more dedication without paying for the extra baseline in the archeage model the x1 xp loot constantly made people frustrated against the million dollar milk-caws investing 5k US$ at one time to get the best of the best literally YEARS before the rest of the people.

Last edited:
You mean like the 20 million players playing wow's magic casters classes with thouse characteristics and DOMINATING the game because of a good splash of interruptions and crowd control up their own sleeves like what you could get just by adding witchcraft or occultism to the caster class you like?

(And that is not to mention that just by adding the right astrals you can disapear the need for long casts or channels in classes with both occultism and sorcery... between an instant none chaneled summon wraith and gods whip pluss instant meteor strike... or adding instant freezing chain lighting to combo with freezing arrow no cast time due to frigid trucks and earn pvp 10 sec to cast a nice long cast meteor stricke pluss god's whip after arc lighting and properly erradicate whatever enemy... )

WoW mages have more effective CC to let this happen and have access to all skills they ever learned, whereas here you have to pick and choose with a limited number of skill points.

This is not WoW.
Classes and skills are completely different.

Is not that you simply "add Witchcraft" to Sorcery, you also have to deal with the limited amount of skill points (as said by @Flipsy ).

I think any time you bring the "Well WOW does it like this!" discussion to the table with a game like this, you are going to get more pushback than not. We all know WOW exists, and what it does well (and not so well). Those who play this game do so because of the things it does DIFFERENTLY from WOW, combat being one of them. There is zero comparioson to how melee combat feels in this game vs WoW, which has no tangible impact. As far as tab target combat goes, AA is the best IMO, and only gets beat out when you start looking at games like BDO, TERA, and perhaps GW2.

I played a competitive PVP striker in BDO for quite sometime, and I can tell you hands down I am playing AA over WOW any day of the week regarding combat.

I think any time you bring the "Well WOW does it like this!" discussion to the table with a game like this, you are going to get more pushback than not. We all know WOW exists, and what it does well (and not so well). Those who play this game do so because of the things it does DIFFERENTLY from WOW, combat being one of them. There is zero comparioson to how melee combat feels in this game vs WoW, which has no tangible impact. As far as tab target combat goes, AA is the best IMO, and only gets beat out when you start looking at games like BDO, TERA, and perhaps GW2.

I played a competitive PVP striker in BDO for quite sometime, and I can tell you hands down I am playing AA over WOW any day of the week regarding combat.
Cinical people will always lack the ability to entertain the hipotetical, it is hard for most people whom don't practice it... And so it is very easy to distinguish real constructive arguments from biased typical arguments based on the simple opposition to changes. When I see that I stop answering. I can see where you come from and respect your thoughts and pints, though...

Hear me out: All the games you mentioned have the interrupts system from WoW, except archerages, and well tera has on top of that targeting system wich adds more to the player's skills importance. I know I can make people pushback, look my avatar, I was counting on it. I am actually a prophetical level game designer, I could drop down names and the discussion would be over but I want to reach the simple casual gamer and make it aware of this little detail, I could write you a book here and now about the enormous importance of an interruptions system based on and balanced with and on cooldowns... Games like MAgic the Gathering, dungeons and dragons pen and paper and online in all its forms, From White Wolf: Vampire: The Dark Ages, masquerade, bloodlines, MAge, Werewolf, or WoW... Look Dota is a simple mod from Warcraft III and its skills system is all what it has and have grown a player-base bigger than AA counting all servers from all the world together... GW2 pvp is basically an interruption lover a rip off WoW and Magic the gathering mechanics trying to look like dungeons and dragons... and it is good but is not an open world game nor has the ultima online feeling like AA does.

We are in a momment of time that THE GAME will appear, Archeage came close... But lacked the correct ecconomic model and had no dungeon generator like Startrek prooved a game can persist forever and be literally immortal with it... Specially if you add PvP Dungeon generators... And This way You make a game literally be different every time you desire to explore... This is already there, a game with a million dungeons and adding more than what you can actually play every day, every hour. Ofcourse it did not had targeting system, and here actually the right choice is to have both select and targect systems and divide them depending on the skills, for example: A ranger or a fighter would need to target while a wizard shouldn't... Though only tabletop games have made these diference correctly so far.

Last edited:
This is not WoW.
Classes and skills are completely different.

Is not that you simply "add Witchcraft" to Sorcery, you also have to deal with the limited amount of skill points (as said by @Flipsy ).
WoW mages have more effective CC to let this happen and have access to all skills they ever learned, whereas here you have to pick and choose with a limited number of skill points.
The only "Mage" in WoW atm that could possibly come close to the wide range of CC you can have with a ShadowBlade or a Shroudmaster is a feral druid... Though that is part of another discussion I talk more about down there.

Actually in WoW you have many skills but the talent's system makes you choose a few you specialize and combo around... AA is just easier and more intuitive to build the character... And the talents are those passive skills at the bottom few and specific and they also add more complexity though not in the specialization but in the interaction between classes.

From the two AA is more intuitive and enjoyable in its flexibility. But make no mistake, WoW makes you choose a few skills if you want to be competitive... Only one class is impossible to mimic with AA and that is the druid, both because of his wide range of skills and utility and its shape-shift skills. Its really strange how AA does not have any shape-shifting or minions skill sets.

warborn and dwarfs can transform regardless of skill trees, but it only scales on lvl so at some point it has no use. a summon/minion based tree would be intresting but would suffer a similar fate as current "summons" in the game do not scale with character gear.
there is an "interupt" debuff in game, it exists on stillness and gale sheild slam, these skills cancel current casts and ongoing skills such as songs.

warborn and dwarfs can transform regardless of skill trees, but it only scales on lvl so at some point it has no use. a summon/minion based tree would be intresting but would suffer a similar fate as current "summons" in the game do not scale with character gear.
there is an "interupt" debuff in game, it exists on stillness and gale sheild slam, these skills cancel current casts and ongoing skills such as songs.
Interrupt systems based on cool-downs works completely different, lets say if you cast a 2 second cast time spell with 45 sec cool-down and I interrupt you... Then you lost that skill for 45 sec! this makes it so you have to play your big cards carefully... So because of the same reason, it is also very important that there will be not to many available... See how this would make it so you "reserve" your interruptions as defensive counters and not to use them as crowd control or annoying and frustrating mechanics? see the way it is right now you can actually have the enemy completely controlled until you kill it if your gears are similar...

Oh and the minions can be added in a way that they could actually be right by adding a line of main weapons with specific stat to make them scale... is all database oriented very easy to do... though it is quiet a big decision as a server to abandon the original archeage to become a moded and improved archerage in the west that would actually even attract orientals and Russians to it.. It is well known that variety makes even bigger sell reason for which they took the sugar away from coca cola and added 10 others different sodas like doctor pepper.

Last edited:
Interrupt systems based on cool-downs works completely different, lets say if you cast a 2 second cast time spell with 45 sec cool-down and I interrupt you... Then you lost that skill for 45 sec! this makes it so you have to play your big cards carefully...
And this, as said, will make magic classes unplayable.
Being interrupted is so common that there will no be skill usable, and only option to fight is to add a melee skillset. It seems an idea to bring even more darkrunners around.
You simply cannot compare two games with totally different skill and classes.
On some games mages can cast while running, wanna compare to them too?

And this, as said, will make magic classes unplayable.
Being interrupted is so common that there will no be skill usable, and only option to fight is to add a melee skillset. It seems an idea to bring even more darkrunners around.
You simply cannot compare two games with totally different skill and classes.
On some games mages can cast while running, wanna compare to them too?
Archers and melee fighters have casting time skills as well but you don't even try to interrupt them because being their casting time so quick is hard and useless because they will just restart casting... Basically you are not able to really understand my proposition at all because you are a biased caster whom don't seam to notice this would bring balance to the actual only Archer and darkrunner meta. Important to mention interruptions should not go on gcd... So you can stop a cast and quickly use them to then restart casting... So basically you can cut in half many important skills in the archery and battlerage skill sets. Lossing Target also should work as interruption so mobility and invisibility should be able to be used as well to interrupt... Also range should be increase for long casting magic just like archery has... And so there should be an abbyssal skill similar to the one in the archery skill set.

And finally you should notice that you can actually transform the 2 strongest damaging spells into instant cast... From the two magic damage skill sets actually making a darkrunner like build for casters.

Last edited:
Back