What's new

ArcheRage 4.0 Discussion

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi ArcheRagers!​

As you all know 4.0 Global Update is planned to be released by us in October. The exact date is not available yet, so don't ask about it - we'll post the date for you as soon as we have it confirmed and everything ready.​

This thread is started for you to discuss 4.0 update and changes it brings - what you like about it, what you think needs to be changed.
Throw in your suggestions and ideas, so we could better understand what changes in this patch our playerbase is interested in and what prefers to be changed.​
Important! If you ask for something to be changed, don't forget to provide explanations.​

For those who don't remember what are the basic 4.0 changes or never played that game version, so has no idea about them at all, we had info gathered in a separate thread --> [LINK]
That should help you to better understand what actually 4.0 is.​

If your main concern is a new Gems System, we started a separate thread for you to discuss it - 4.0 Gems System Debates [LINK].​

When the effects of a Follow Transportation Ticket end, follow will be temporarily cancelled. <<< does this indicate you are considering adding "following" back into the game? Currently disabled since the tickets have been removed from the game.

Normal difficulty Palace Cellar, Sharpwind Mines, and Kroloal Cradle dungeons have been removed.

One of the main complaints I have, and that I have heard from others, is that lower level characters can't participate in dungeons. If the removal of the lower dungeons can be avoided, that would be great.

Growthstones are now longer quest rewards, and can only be purchased from the Honor & Arena Shops.

This was a disappointing change on Live. People who aren't big on PVP, need those quest driven growthstones.

When the effects of a Follow Transportation Ticket end, follow will be temporarily cancelled. <<< does this indicate you are considering adding "following" back into the game? Currently disabled since the tickets have been removed from the game.
Though function is added to the game, item is not planned to be added back.

• Lowering the anchor of a ship can now be canceled by a critical hit. This is applied to small warships and merchant ships.
I don't like the idea of this change. You could just get super lucky and hit a crit with the first arrow you shoot, immediately canceling the lowering at a 28m range.

• These movement skills can now be used in Neutral Ground: Quickstep, Comet's Boon, Teleportation, Teleport Left, Teleport Right, Drop Back, Behind Enemy Lines, Mirror Warp, Circle Step, Shadow Step.
Brilliant !! Does "neutral ground" mean areas prohibited of PvP such as a nui ? Though I think Behind Enemy Lines should be excluded, you could sit in a nui and instant snare someone outside of it.

• Resized the Multi-Purpose Aging Larder so that more larders can fit in a land. Previous size was 2.25m, new size is 1.7m (the size of Seed Bundles.)
Sounds like a great change. More larders = happier potatoes & happier pirating.

• Players can no longer acquire Memory Shards from salvaging Auroria armor. Instead they grant extra Moonlight Archeum Crystals on salvage.
If you guys do keep the old gems, make sure to not apply this.

• New Resplendent Tempers have been added! These items offer Tempering between 115% and 118% and can be purchased from the Honor Shop as bound items for 50,000 Honor. Tradable versions will be added in the future in Supply Crates and Loyalty Shop.
50K honor for 1 attempt seems crazy to me. Unlucky people would be spending hundred thousands of honor for a single item..

• Added an anchor for the Merchant Ship.
???

• Ranged Attack's damage based on distance is now calculated based on the UI distance, not distance to a target.
Can anyone elaborate on this ? Does it mean that the damage reduction is now checked client-side so if someone is +8m on my screen, I won't get the penalty even though the server has him closer than that to me ?

• Lightning Tiger Strike: Now measures the distance between caster and target per attack. Global cooldown duration has been increased from 1 second to 1.2 seconds.
YES! No more stupid tigerstrikes hitting regardless of me teleporting far away.
I've boneyarded people before and teleported away and was hit by 2 more consecutive tigerstrike's while the guy was imprisoned and 20m away from me..

Taking out the ability to craft buffs was an extremely stupid decision on live. People who were smart and made tons of buff items pre-patch had a huge advantage over people who didn't. You need to either remove them from the game completely, or keep the recipe's. Also, please keep the wardrum how it is now. Those 30 min drums are a pain in the ass.

• When the anchor is lowered, a message notifying players the anchor has been lowered now pops up above the heads of players who are standing on the ship.
As someone who doesnt use bubble chat, its concerning, and should be added as a warning on chat aswell, just like when something goes to war.

• When the effects of a Follow Transportation Ticket end, follow will be temporarily cancelled.
Follow should be made back into the game, since its fairly easy crash into something, which would make it easy to spot someone usign alt/multibox/whatever, from a real player.

• Aegis Island now requires 700 kills (up from 400) and Whalesong Harbor requires 900 kills (up from 600.)

No need, since a war rotation is good for low gs players to farm in peace times, and for pvp / events to happen.

• Normal difficulty Palace Cellar, Sharpwind Mines, and Kroloal Cradle dungeons have been removed.

Dont think its needed, unless with a clear purpose. Dont know what happens with the sunstrength stone.

• Improved the War Drum by reducing crafting cost, changing the effects to grant Attack, Magic Attack, and Healing Power +5% with Received Damage -5%. The item is now consumable and can be used for 30
The drum should stay as a non-consumable item, but keep the original recipe.

• Added an anchor for the Merchant Ship.
This, is, strange? I mean, some ships weren't made to have those things. An anchor is suposed to HOLD a BIG ship in place, and i understand that a merchant is a good-size ship, but it was meant for way bigger ones. Merchants most valuable stat is speed. Adding an anchor is counter to this idea. A merchant doesnt need to be stuck in the same place. This would at the same time: Make it possible to be ganked @ sea, and impossible to be ganked @ land.

• Wave Meteor Strike: Damage formula changed from 264 + 500% of Magic Attack to 1440 + 250% of Magic Attack.
Thats a big nerf, considering that it freezes the target, and doesnt do damage to frozen targets. A Meteor should be something to fear on a GvG, this is a massive nerf on the skill.

Also, i second @trapwhre02.

This, is, strange? I mean, some ships weren't made to have those things. An anchor is suposed to HOLD a BIG ship in place, and i understand that a merchant is a good-size ship, but it was meant for way bigger ones. Merchants most valuable stat is speed. Adding an anchor is counter to this idea. A merchant doesnt need to be stuck in the same place. This would at the same time: Make it possible to be ganked @ sea, and impossible to be ganked @ land

This is a very good point. It would make players near the cost invulnerable and impossible to drag out.

since no one mentioned this yet..
how are you going to handle the removal of pots/foods? this is very important and can affect the game a lot.
what ever you decide to do just make sure you don't handle it like live ( keep all current items and remove recipe )

I think removing the buff items is meant to balance with the ability to combine titles for stats. I'm not sure how that's going to be for newer players. It seems like a big advantage for those of us who've been around a long time.

Battlerage
  • Lightning Triple Slash: Reduced attack damage from 130%/130%/160% of melee attack to 110%/110%/140% of melee attack. Third attack's global cooldown duration has been increased from 0.4 seconds to 0.6 seconds.
Dont apply the global cooldown change, remember we have people from all over the world playing here, any additional time on global cooldown get even worse with high ping.

• Watering now costs labor - 1 labor for basic water, 10 labor for hauler water.
There's absolutely no need for that... U already have to have water in the inventory so why add another layer of LP cost....
  • Thatched Farmhouse Design = Gilda Star x300
I'd rather it stayed 50 gildas, because 300 seems a bit too much for a tad 24x24....

+ The following consumables have been discontinued: Drinks, Liquors, Fortuna Dies, Runes, Spellbooks, and Protection Potions. You can still use the items you may own, but you cannot craft new ones.

Is there anything to make up for that? because damn that's a hard hitter, same with the gems if they're going to be removed.

1) Lowering the anchor of a ship can now be canceled by a critical hit. This is applied to small warships and merchant ships.
-Critical hits are easy to do, which would make it quite hard to lower an anchor of a ship

2) Adjusted the NPC kill count to push Aegis Island and Whalesong Harbor to war. Aegis Island now requires 700 kills (up from 400) and Whalesong Harbor requires 900 kills (up from 600.)
-There is no need to make the already tedious pushing of a map even harder.

3) Normal difficulty Palace Cellar, Sharpwind Mines, and Kroloal Cradle dungeons have been removed.
-Why are we getting rid of these dungeons for? There are reasons to keep these dungeons. Its easy to solo if we need some sort of mat out of it.

4) "Working for the Territories" reward has been changed from a Territoken to a Damaged Territory Market Box. Spend 5 Gilda Stars to open the box and retrieve a Territoken.
-Not only do we have to spend 50 prestige to work for a castle, we now have to spend 5 gilda daily to use this? Not all of us farm gilda daily and shouldn't be forced to do so just to work on a castle. Keep this out.

5) Quests that use to award Warrior's Medals now grant direct Honor Points or Honorable Victory potions. Quests that use to grant Merit Badges now grant Gilda Stars.
-I don't know about others, but I would prefer to keep warrior medals, merits and gilda stars in the game. Having different ways to obtain objects gives varieties that should be kept in the game. Also please DONT INCREASE gilda prices on items.

6) Growthstones are now longer quest rewards, and can only be purchased from the Honor & Arena Shops.
-Can we keep this via quests and world bosses? Things should not be made all about honor.

7) Watering now costs labor - 1 labor for basic water, 10 labor for hauler.
-Is there any reason for this at all?

8) The following consumables have been discontinued: Drinks, Liquors, Fortuna Dies,Runes, Spellbooks, and Protection Potions. You can still use the items you may own, but you cannot craft new ones.
-Can we go over these things, because some of these items are useful, getting rid of them might not be wise.

9) Added the Spellshift Orb, which may be used to extract T4 and T5 Obsidian items. This material can be used at the crafting bench to make the next tier of Obsidian. Once the item is made, it can then be uncloaked into the statistics you may want. Cloaking and Uncloaking the item does not unbind it, but upgrading the item will still unbind it.
-There are good and bad things about this. If I remember right spellshift orb was horrible to make and it took a lot. Plus why is it required to cloak an obsidian item to now tier it up? If I remember right again, I remember that it became harder to tier up objects once 4.0 came.

10) Adjusted the Gilda Star Shop prices and items
-Can we keep the old gilda prices? Some of them are already high enough and making them even harder seems silly.

11) Added a recipe to craft an Aquarium. This can be crafted with Basic Furniture Collection, 20 Lumber, 500 Sparkling Shell Dust, and 10 Water at the Carpentry Workbench.
- 500 sparkling shell dust? seems super excessive, and i don't think any changes need to be done.

We need to remember that every patch that retail came out with, adjusted and made things harder for people to achieve, so it would make people pay more for the game to advance. Lets keep that garbage mentality out of AR and only keep good changes within the game
Thank you!

• New Resplendent Tempers have been added! These items offer Tempering between 115% and 118% and can be purchased from the Honor Shop as bound items for 50,000 Honor. Tradable versions will be added in the future in Supply Crates and Loyalty Shop.
50K honor for 1 attempt seems crazy to me. Unlucky people would be spending hundred thousands of honor for a single item..
These will very likely be in RNG Credit boxes within the first few weeks of the patch I would imagine.

+ The following consumables have been discontinued: Drinks, Liquors, Fortuna Dies, Runes, Spellbooks, and Protection Potions. You can still use the items you may own, but you cannot craft new ones.

Is there anything to make up for that? because damn that's a hard hitter, same with the gems if they're going to be removed.
While some of these buffs are removed, several of them are condensed into singular items, which is arguably a good thing.

Can we please keep the current Merit Badge/Gilda stars system! :D

I don't like the idea of everything being changed to Gilda and on top of that excessive price increases for designs in Mirage Isle...
I mean sure Gilda generation would have gone up as well but... I mean :DDDDDDDD

The current system is a nice medium for the health of Gilda Star economy imo as well.

It's not like anyone on this server has collected an absurd absurd amount of Gilda that I know of so we don't need to suck Gildas out of the playerbase, do we?

--------------------------------

Also
in 4.0 they added the new UI to the Folio (the one that you can search the recipe for things) where they had "categories" of things listed not under their Proficiency but in relation to the "purpose" or how one "got to" the item. e.g. Processing catergory for... turning raw mats into something...
See [9min:54sec]:
(He says he loves it but it's been found in normal use that you have to "guess" where an item would be... :D)

This is confusing since you have to to think of an item and tell what category it might fit under! So would it be possible to keep the folio UI as is in this patch (3.5)

e.g. Wooden Beam Bundle is used for upgrading housing. Would that be under the "Processing" category since you are processing Lumber into Wooden Beam Bundle... or would it be under the "Property" category since you need to use it to upgrade property...
Under old system you'd just go, oh it's in Construction mats and that makes sense cause it's used for CONSTRUCTION/UPGRADE...

Maybe it's just me who didn't like the change, idk... thoughts?

Any chance we will see a pet added that can pick up loot for us?

on retail there was the powerstone for bloomfang etc to pick up loot.. that won't be added till the relevant patch is out ;c would be interesting to have an auto loot pet tho, I haven't seen that suggestion before iirc.

Back