What's new

ArcheRage 4.0 Discussion

I've read the patch notes. What people are worried about is defensive buffs(kingdom's shadow, spellbooks) being REMOVED, not that the assorted ribs get a slight buff. That's not really very helpful.
Give me the full list of items in questions and we'll have it discussed with the Devs.

Give me the full list of items in questions and we'll have it discussed with the Devs.
As the following consumables have been discontinued: Drinks, Liquors, Fortuna Dies, Runes, Spellbooks, and Protection Potions, they will be completely removed from the game.
  • The following items will be exchanged to Assorted Ribs:
    • Kingdom's Shadow x1 → Assorted Ribs x1
    • Adventurer's Kingdom's Shadow x1 → Assorted Ribs x1
    • Spellbook: Unstoppable Will x3 → Assorted Ribs x1

These are the buffs I'm talking about.

Increased basic regrade chance of some grades in the following way:
  • Arcane > Heroic → +100% (meaning, if a chance was 30%, it will become 30% x2 = 60%)
  • Heroic > Unique → +100%
  • Unique > Celestial → +100%
  • Celestial > Divine → +100%
  • Divine > Epic → +30%
  • Epic > Legendary → +20%
  • Legendary > Mythic → +10%
You said certain items will get 100% chance at celestial, as for what those items are it could either devalue anchors or make them worthless.

Will you be able to reveal what items the regrade buff applies to? Or is that still in the process of being decided?

Do you see the "+" in front of the %? That "+" is very important :) It does not mean that the % goes up 100%, that +100% means doubled, for example. Base rate was increased, but that list isn't final rates.

"Sealed Arms Lunagem" = Shining Fragment x8
"Sealed Waist Lunagem" = Shining Fragment x10
“Sealed Lunagem” = Shining Fragment x6

Are the old gems we can continue to craft going to be bound on pick up or tradeable ?

since my post has gone unnoticed for its length, I just gonna directly ask few key points @Sparkle
- Ravenspine, do we get +1 glider or just replacement for our old one
- Car designs, do all cars raise to 1500 gilda or just blue (apex) car? does the Apex (and consequently Nova too) become 4wD like timber/redwood to justify the price?
- New player info, do you plan to implement any message telling new players lvl 52 is minimum for most labor consuption, along with information about support pack and custom updates?
- Gilda prices in general, why raise gilda prices same as live if we don't get to turn merits into gildas as on live? wouldn't lower raise (35%-60% of the base raise) be more adequate?
- Does Axis mundi merit price stay at 800 or is it made cheaper like Treehouses, if not will there be different way of obtaining it?

Are the old gems we can continue to craft going to be bound on pick up or tradeable ?
Untradeable, craft will be available only with Shining Fragment.
Price of insert lunagems to items will be same as in 3.5

Edit:
Let's actually do some math on defense penetration for melee classes:

Puncture Passive Skill: 2000 Defense Penetration
Lightning Necklace: 750 Defense Penetration
Gale Ring: 400 Defense Penetration
Combat Scroll: Defense Penetration : 700 Defense Penetration
Holy Ini's ring / Flawless Dream Ring: 700/1000 Defense Penetration
Costume Defense Penetration: 750
Undergarments Defense Penetration: 500
2H Weapon Buff (50% rate to reduce shield's defense by 50%, average good shields range from 4-5000 Defense, statistically it's basically 1000/1250 Def pen on every hit)
Soulbound Blades abyssal from battlerage: -50 x 10 stacks (4.0 they get even boosted) Roughly 500 Defenese Penetration

Now let's look at a endgame healer setup with a legendary t7 Shield:
Total Defense: 12350. (http://prntscr.com/pkqhln)

In my situation, just to be able to fit in 4.0 patch and use new gems (wich according to devs are compensating buffs removal)
i need to get rid of 400 Defense in boots and 300 in my hood, only cause i have some hero gems for toughness, otherwise it would have been way more.
So 12350 -> 11650 and this is yet without anyone debuffing me.

Let's start counting in defense from the list above:
2000 + 750 + 400 + 700 + 700(1000) + 750 + 500 + 1000 (1250) + 500
Considering Minimal stats for a non perfect build (we're talking about high geared players): 11650 - 7300 = 4350 Defense left (http://prntscr.com/pkqlc2)
Or Maximal stats for good build (counting in same-gear pvp) 11650 - 7850 = 4070 Defense left (http://prntscr.com/pkqm6o)

Basically with the removal of runes we're giving up to 7% (and more for healers) dmg reduction from runes, to 2k defense wich will be roughly 8-9% dmg reduction ( Compare this http://prntscr.com/pkqmtd with previous 2 screens) and we'll soak in 28% damage due to the insane defense penetration reductions, wich are already partially ingame and on everyone's build.

Healers and tanks are already non-existing in this server, we have possibly 2 in the whole faction with more than 5k gearscore and they are more than far from reaching the defense amounts i talked about, cause that's what a 8.4k gearscore healer with a shield has. Imagine what will happen to 6k Healers against same gear darkrunners.
Defensive buffs removal is just gonna throw healers and tanks into trash bins. This is not SAO where everyone is forced to be melee class, can we please have a chance to play decently our classes?

Assorted Ribs will just soak in 2 buffs (Jujube juices and Spellbook) while the actual assorted ribs effect gets removed anyway (+60 stat).. it's not gonna include a lot of buffs, just two, and the damage reduction is PvE only.

Edit: In Live release they actually set a new buff item give out thru daily tracker, that one would give us runes buffs, defense potion, spellbook and such.
Could we have a custom buff item or something similar?
We're gonna have loads of ribs on the auctions, legit crafting is gonna be useless because of the ribs are not even gonna be that good.
Could we have the ribs reworked to a custom buff including a lesser version of the runes effect on damage conversion + some lesser defense boost?
Like.. damage reduction will be 4% on PvE from normal ribs, can we have it to add also 4% dmg conversion to HP? and like 800 Defense?
That would prevent anyone from stacking up materials while letting everyone adapt to the new system, as it's impossible new/poorer players to fix their gear with gems, as they don't have good gear to gem yet.
Fair and balanced, and consumption of those buffs whould be so high to rebalance the market.

@Wyatt don't forget about the BS hidden proc of 2H weapons, where they get to nuke 10k def, which often procs on things Like BEL, Prec strike and Tiger strike, for nauseating critical hits that even sorcery can't really pull off without 10 minutes of preparation. I have watched PLATE tanks fall over from a double proc'd Lightning Tiger Strike (battlerage's bullshit "attack and retaliate" passive). PLATE TANKS. The imbalance is ridiculous.

@Sparkle pretty much all of the above here, not even taking into account the fact that melee/archery (but the complaints here are melee) get easier ability to stack actual critical damage. All of their gems except the 2H/1H weapon gems provide ~50% MORE critical damage than sorcery/healing. Not only does battlerage provide massive advantages over all of the other damage trees, but they have a far easier time stacking critical damage as well. And that's BEFORE 4.0.

The math places everything in favor of these players, and it isn't addressed until at least 5.0, maybe even 6.0. Something needs to be done now, not "after players test changes". There are *no* changes to test. Nothing has changed. The development team (you guys) continues to cater to the darkrunners, which is one of the many failings that killed the live servers in the first place. People spent years complaining on live about the imbalance in the combat, and the trend continues here. It took XLGames 7+ years to correct their stupidity. You guys could do this now, so why wait?

@Sparkle question about new title system, what happens when we merge low grade Titan event title (eg. Magic Expert) and then remove the title to upgrade it? is the system ready for removing titles? I can imagine it could cause some glitches

As the following consumables have been discontinued: Drinks, Liquors, Fortuna Dies, Runes, Spellbooks, and Protection Potions, they will be completely removed from the game.

You also forgetting Runes Q.Q

Make so all Ribs have:
+ 46 Raw Attack/Heal Power
+ 1300 HP (and mana?)
+ ~4-5% Pve DmG (Received Reduction and Inflicted Increase)
And in addition:
+ 1000-1200 Defense (both)
+ 4-5% HP conversion back to HP.

Would make buffs less effective but still balanced for everyone using them.
And market would be flooded with items actually good and purchased/used from people, there's again risk of economy stalling for those guys crafting and reselling potions and buffs, they already getting those removed and market is already not moving.
Maybe add those additions as T2 Ribs that can be crafted with those and add the recipe into multipurpose or something.

We had daru warrior boosts packages added on live after everyone ran out of buffs anyway, as proof those were needed.

We are not KR or Russians, people here is influenced by FPS and goes for oneshot builds, where people people either kills instantly or gets killed instantly.
As if this game ever helped healers or tanks cause they need to farm their gear and often it requires to kill mobs and farm drops in library.
(It would be doable if population was same as korean's)

PVP Sample here click me

I just legit picked the first video i found after searching for Archeage PvP from asiatic countries, it's a korean game, we need adaptions.
You can see people doing like 40 vs barely 30 and people doesn't die after getting caught in pulls for ages.
Same as was done in EU/NA live when they reduced required XP for level 55, it's a different mindset.

Last edited:

Make so all Ribs have:
+ 1300 HP (and mana?)
And in addition:

And market would be flooded with items actually good and purchased/used from people, there's again risk of economy stalling for those guys crafting and reselling potions and buffs, they already getting those removed and market is already not moving.
Maybe add those additions as T2 Ribs that can be crafted with those and add the recipe into multipurpose or something.

We had daru warrior boosts packages added on live after everyone ran out of buffs anyway, as proof those were needed.

We are not KR or Russians, people here is influenced by FPS and goes for oneshot builds, where people people either kills instantly or gets killed instantly.
As if this game ever helped healers or tanks cause they need to farm their gear and often it requires to kill mobs and farm drops in library.

PVP Sample here click me

I just legit picked the first video i found after searching for Archeage PvP from asiatic countries, it's a korean game, we need adaptions.
You can see people doing like 40 vs barely 30 and people doesn't die after getting caught in pulls for ages.
Same as was done in EU/NA live when they reduced required XP for level 55, it's a different mindset.
SMASH LIKE BUTTON

Make so all Ribs have:
+ 1300 HP (and mana?)
And in addition:

PVP Sample here click me

@Wyatt don't forget about the BS hidden proc of 2H weapons, where they get to nuke 10k def, which often procs on things Like BEL, Prec strike and Tiger strike, for nauseating critical hits that even sorcery can't really pull off without 10 minutes of preparation. I have watched PLATE tanks fall over from a double proc'd Lightning Tiger Strike (battlerage's bullshit "attack and retaliate" passive). PLATE TANKS. The imbalance is ridiculous.

@Sparkle pretty much all of the above here, not even taking into account the fact that melee/archery (but the complaints here are melee) get easier ability to stack actual critical damage. All of their gems except the 2H/1H weapon gems provide ~50% MORE critical damage than sorcery/healing. Not only does battlerage provide massive advantages over all of the other damage trees, but they have a far easier time stacking critical damage as well. And that's BEFORE 4.0.

The math places everything in favor of these players, and it isn't addressed until at least 5.0, maybe even 6.0. Something needs to be done now, not "after players test changes". There are *no* changes to test. Nothing has changed. The development team (you guys) continues to cater to the darkrunners, which is one of the many failings that killed the live servers in the first place. People spent years complaining on live about the imbalance in the combat, and the trend continues here. It took XLGames 7+ years to correct their stupidity. You guys could do this now, so why wait?

As a healer, I'm staying tuned.. Would appreciate it if there's more possibilities for defensive buffs in 4.0.

I thought you were referring to the items not mentioned in the patch notes. Items that's no longer possible to obtain in game in 4.0 and have already been confirmed in patch notes to be exchanged, will be exchanged.
It was discussed with the Devs and confirmed to remain the way announced.

Bound. Players interested in these gems will need to participate in the factions activities mentioned.

If both gilda and merit are staying? How will Axis mundi be obtained? Will it be in both shops? @Sparkle
It will remain in Merit shop as before.

since my post has gone unnoticed for its length, I just gonna directly ask few key points @Sparkle
- Ravenspine, do we get +1 glider or just replacement for our old one
- Car designs, do all cars raise to 1500 gilda or just blue (apex) car? does the Apex (and consequently Nova too) become 4wD like timber/redwood to justify the price?
- New player info, do you plan to implement any message telling new players lvl 52 is minimum for most labor consuption, along with information about support pack and custom updates?
- Gilda prices in general, why raise gilda prices same as live if we don't get to turn merits into gildas as on live? wouldn't lower raise (35%-60% of the base raise) be more adequate?
- Does Axis mundi merit price stay at 800 or is it made cheaper like Treehouses, if not will there be different way of obtaining it?
1st - additional glider.
2nd - you'll be able to check everything you are interested in yourself in just a week.
3rd - there is a lot to be done prior it, so not yet.
4th - many quests that required merit badges before, will require gilda stars. You'll be getting gilda stars in higher amount than before anyway.
5th - stay; merit shop.

Skills and classes get changes with every game version, otherwise, it would just be boring to play same exact game all the time with no changes but one class privileges only.

I thought you were referring to the items not mentioned in the patch notes. Items that's no longer possible to obtain in game in 4.0 and have already been confirmed in patch notes to be exchanged, will be exchanged.
It was discussed with the Devs and confirmed to remain the way announced.

This is honestly a ridiculous decision, all the healers on this server rely on half these buffs to not get one shot by the dark runner's, even though this patch is going to give them more damage to work with. I might aswell just fight everyone naked.

Last edited:
Exactly sparkle, we need skills and class changes, but that's not happening in 4.0.

4.5 just was an errata corrige about skills to rebalance cause 4.0 without defensive buffs was not balanced at all.
Trino did wrong into leaving old buffs cause people abused and resold maybe, yet the game was playable and that was a point on them.
Let's learn from "errors", set new craftable buffs slightly less high than before.

We legit have people complaining about healers and everyone is crying "Ueee i can't kill a healer tapping 1-2-3 Ueeeee Ueeee"
Yes of course you shouldn't be supposed to kill a healer with 2500 gear more than you, for sure not if you are not understanding and adapting or preparing as much as they do to survive, there are 3 Different distress in the game + enervate, risk from spell shield and stalker mark each removing around 60% heal effectiveness yet everyone crying about it.
I legit get oneshot by a 6.9k dr as 8.5k healer but yes let's nerf healers guys, healers are problem.

Given the two dislike from healers i suppose they didn't get the sarcasm

Last edited:
@Sparkle question about new title system, what happens when we merge low grade Titan event title (eg. Magic Expert) and then remove the title to upgrade it? is the system ready for removing titles? I can imagine it could cause some glitches
It should all be fine. In case you experience any issues while doing it, feel free to contact me.

Increased basic regrade chance of some grades in the following way:
  • Arcane > Heroic → +100% (meaning, if a chance was 30%, it will become 30% x2 = 60%)
  • Heroic > Unique → +100%
  • Unique > Celestial → +100%
  • Celestial > Divine → +100%
  • Divine > Epic → +30%
  • Epic > Legendary → +20%
  • Legendary > Mythic → +10%

Do you see the "+" in front of the %? That "+" is very important :) It does not mean that the % goes up 100%, that +100% means doubled, for example. Base rate was increased, but that list isn't final rates.

I think including a superior red, you do actually get kinda close to 100% success rate for celestial-> divine though? ?

Back