What's new

ArcheRage 4.0 Discussion

I thought you were referring to the items not mentioned in the patch notes. Items that's no longer possible to obtain in game in 4.0 and have already been confirmed in patch notes to be exchanged, will be exchanged.
It was discussed with the Devs and confirmed to remain the way announced.
I really don't understand the logic behind this. You literally are allowing pretty much ALL mages and healers to be 1 shot by DR's. These buffs are literally the only way to be able to defend ourselves. Listen to your player base. Without us - you merely won't have a game to maintain. Even the experienced DR's are ASKING FOR THE BUFFS TO STAY!

Skills and classes get changes with every game version, otherwise, it would just be boring to play same exact game all the time with no changes but one class privileges only.
I understand this, i really do, but there's a certain line that you shouldn't cross, and by implementing this, you have crossed it. Like many others have said before, someone who is a 5k gearscore dark runner, or even less shouldn't be able to take out a mage/healer that's 2-3k gearscore higher, but np lets give even more power to them. I might as well just destroy all my gear and run around naked because in all honesty, everything that a cloth user has worked towards will be completely useless.

I also love how you seem to avoiding this entire thing and answering every other person questions rather than getting to the point about what the player base is saying. Great job guys!

Last edited:
2nd - you'll be able to check everything you are interested in yourself in just a week.
what is the point of patch notes then

Skills and classes get changes with every game version, otherwise, it would just be boring to play same exact game all the time with no changes but one class privileges only.
Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not) but don't we have exactly this happening and this is your response to us asking for change? Darkrunners, and to an extent all battlerage users, are the single most privileged class ever since I remember here and all the years back on live, and no update so far has done anything but solidify that, now you are making custom changes that privilege those even more

even Trion who we mock and use them as an example of bad publisher even now after they are gone could see that this is a bad decision.

when I came to this server a year ago I was told that the devs listen to player feedback and make the game better and was happy, now I see I was lied to

Last edited:
@Akiarra
I understand that you have one of the healing or mage classes and due to it don’t want for your class to loose in defense, but you need to pay attention to other classes changes as you compare your already changed in 4.0 class to other classes in 3.5, but you need to compare 4.0 with 4.0.

Yes, healers are loosing in defense, but melee classes are losing in attack.

If we leave all these defense buffs in game it will lead to the healers being even more unkillable and over defended than before.

If you played other online games you should know that healers is not a class that needs to be strong same way as melee classes to participate in pvp. Healers should heal their group and other classes need to protect them. But I’m sure you are well aware of it, however, still want healers to be a pvp class to compete with other classes in the battle.

what is the point of patch notes then

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not) but don't we have exactly this happening and this is your response to us asking for change? Darkrunners, and to an extent all battlerage users, are the single most privileged class ever since I remember here and all the years back on live, and no update so far has done anything but solidify that, now you are making custom changes that privilege those even more

even Trion who we mock and use them as an example of bad publisher even now after they are gone could see that this is a bad decision.

when I came to this server a year ago I was told that the devs listen to player feedback and make the game better and was happy, now I see I was lied to
Correcting you per your request, darkrunners are actually weaker in 4.0. If you have any doubts, you can talk to the players from our EU server that already had a chance to test 4.0 themselves.

@Sparkle I wish that was true, but it really is not.

There is only one class with all of the privileges, and that has been, and remains for years to come, darkrunners. Battlerage all by itself is a tree with enough power to be the only skill set a player has, and it can still oneshot most other classes. No other tree comes close. That problem only becomes WORSE in 4.0 with the even higher levels of crit damage they are able to stack. And given your patches on average release once about every 6 months, that is another 6 months of torture that has to be endured before we are able to get any sort of remote balance or reprieve with the skill reworks of 4.5, which don't fully even alleviate the issue, but finally hand some CC to sorcery that has been LONG overdue.

Battlerage needs a nerf to a lot of the skills in terms of percentages, we need the defensive buffs back with additional statistics, and for hells sake reduce the damage of lightning tiger strike. Heavily.

Correcting you per your request, darkrunners are actually weaker in 4.0. If you have any doubts, you can talk to the players from our EU server that already had a chance to test 4.0 themselves.

How are darkrunners weaker in 4.0? Literally nothing changes in terms of their skills save for range calcs done on lightning tiger strike. Everything else stays the same, crit damage goes through the roof, and the defensive capabilities of ALL classes gets nerfed into the dirt with the removal of the vast majority of buffs.

Anyone who claims darkrunners have EVER been weak pre 4.5 are liars, and weak isn't even the word to use. Less overpowered is the word because other classes finally get more CC, more CC breaks and damage reworks. Balanced is the correct word

Can you elaborate where in the "gaining the ability to socket critical bonus, critical rate, and defense penetration" lunagems portion of the 4.0 changes that the melee classes are losing in attack power compared to the complete obliteration of defensive gain from consumables?
Same way as defensive consumables, other consumables are changed that healers mostly don't work with but other classes do.
For example, Dawn of Glory that becomes Goblet of Honor in 4.0.
What we have in 3.5 is Melee Attack +15%. And what it's changed to in 4.0 is +64.
Another example:
Assorted Ribs - in 3.5 strength +60; in 4.0 we get melee attack +44 instead.
One more example:
Spellbook: Unstoppable Will that provides Attack is removed from the game.

But we lose goblet already and 2500 resilience gonna be around 6-7% critical reduction only.
Basically we get resilience to counter not even two of 14 sockets darkrunners are getting.
That's like 10% only.
We're not even doing the count on critical rate and loss os phis def gems on healers

The problem is too many players play dark runner, and they don't want to lose the player base that's gear invested into playing them. So don't expect any nerfs well....ever. I don't see nerfs happening unless the admins implemented a one-time reroll ticket where you can swap out your gear with an equivalent non-gemmed version.

Last edited:
In no way do Darkrunner become weaker. They're legit gaining crit damage out the butt and we're losing the tiny bit of protection against that, which is the defensive buffs. GG

Same way as defensive consumables, other consumables are changed that healers mostly don't work with but other classes do.
What we have in 3.5 is Melee Attack +15%. And what it's changed to in 4.0 is +64.
Another example:
One more example:

1: Assuming the gear score average of the website is correct, that numerical comparison would mean someone with the weapon equivalent of a Divine T5 or above would see a nerf. That's all fine and dandy, but that means that people around-and-below the gear score average see a buff in damage instead, no?
2: 60 Strength is +12 melee attack, so that's a buff
3: Spellbook: Brick Wall also gets removed, doesn't it? That makes this situation not only a melee's dream, but also an archer's dream now.

If we leave all these defense buffs in game it will lead to the healers being even more unkillable and over defended than before.
Healers are hard to kill without battlerage to begin with. I don't really care if they are asking to keep defensive buffs.
Battlerage + Shadowplay is the only tree-combo that manages to combine burst & cc while basically debuffing your target down to -80% healpower.

I'd say let's wait for 4.0 and see how it is before making decisions. But I think people want it changed now because they feel like now would be a time where you actually execute their wishes. I'm afraid once 4.0 launches, you won't make any changes prior to 4.5 and force us to get along with how it is.

Battlerage will ghet nerfed till the class darkrunner will become useles unless , you reach at more than 10k ghear score . That patch 4.0 is the begining of that nerf . Many of you have the oficial experience , and you shouldnt complain because we all know that skills arent balanced well.To be onest i am a 5,7k . In mi opinion battlerage tree shouldn ghet touched bi any change , other skill tree should ghet some changes . But i think that wil never hapend as long as healers and other mage based players wants to one shott evryone else . As a darkrunner that use 2h weapon it is easier to kill paper mages , healers etc , thats how it is and should alwais be . As for the buffs i reali dont care how or whay they ghet changed . Players should think twice and even more if is nedeit before they make some arguments .
I apologise for mi bad english .

Another example:
One more example:
Darkrunners losing some attack buffs isn't really gonna help since unbuffed DR can already blow up defense buffed healer/mage 1.5-2k ABOVE THEIR GEAR before the victim can even use instacast skill to get a chance to fight back, not even mentioning their melee specific buffs like Doomshadow nodachis which remain even tho they should have been balanced long ago or the insane crit they are gaining

as mentioned already, information from russian server is irrelevant since this is NA, same as on live european ppl play more varied and balanced classes while NA servers allways had vast majority of their population playing burst dps and the whole server meta has to revolve around that

you have even experienced DR's telling you that something is wrong here, listen to your playerbase please, most of us here are experienced high gear players that don't complain cause they get killed, but because of the way we can't even fight back

So upon brief inspection of the ArcheRage EU/RU 4.0 server(maybe missed some items), here are the gilda prices:

unknown.png

Noticed another peculiar thing ->[ Ironclad Design ] is missing from the Honor Shop completely in 4.0 ArcheRage EU/RU (bug?)...
Also the designs in the Marketplace Tab -> Award -> Merit Badge ->Cherry. Aspen, Oak Treehouse Designs -> Cost 500 Merit badges, but in Mirage Isle they are 350 as per patch notes, so hopefully they fix the wrong cost in the marketplace.

P.S. Probably should've just posted what changed and skipped what stayed the same xD

Last edited:
The problem is too many players play dark runner, and they don't want to lose the player base that's gear invested into playing them. So don't expect any nerfs well....ever. I don't see nerfs happening unless the admins implemented a one-time reroll ticket where you can swap out your gear with an equivalent non-gemmed version.

except for the highest tier obsidian you can already do that with transmuters or the obsidian cloaking coming up, I don't really see the issue in changing from DR to archer or leather tank, if you wanna play different style class you need to put in effort into changing gear, if you wanna play the new OP you should not be helped to do that but taxed for doing that

a change that makes old OP weak (which isn't really what we are asking for anyway, we just want it less OP and closer to balanced) would make those players think about their decisions and maybe actually pick the class THEY want to play rather the class they are forced to play to be viable/class that's OP

I am trying but I am just not seeing you correcting me at all, you speak about upcoming patch for once, not correcting me on the point that darkrunners have been insanely overpowered up until now and no patch changed that, for second you are sharing your own opinion without providing any reason as to why is that, contrary with patch notes, data from live and the math crunch others have made on the topic

I'll be sure to check out the EU server tho, I never knew there was one, I only heard about this NA and the RU server so far

Last edited:
1: Assuming the gear score average of the website is correct, that numerical comparison would mean someone with the weapon equivalent of a Divine T5 or above would see a nerf. That's all fine and dandy, but that means that people around-and-below the gear score average see a buff in damage instead, no?
2: 60 Strength is +12 melee attack, so that's a buff
3: Spellbook: Brick Wall also gets removed, doesn't it? That makes this situation not only a melee's dream, but also an archer's dream now.

You'd be the only one darkrunner picking strenght as buff instead of agi.

Anyway we're not discussing offensive buffs beeing too strong, we're discussing about Critical damage and rate buffs
Everyone will have at very least +40% crit damage. Very very least.
I played darkrunner in 3.5 and 4.0 thru 4.5 as offspec (offspeac gears defines as longspear non-nerfed erenor with around 8.5k gearscore)
The damage increase is retarded and could onetap healers with 10k gs without honor nodachi buff.

Later on it will be even worse when darkrunner needs only str and no agility. I was running around with 70% crit rate off combat.

Please add a defensive buff for def% and dmg back to hp. I asked for like respetively 1000 def and 4% dmg back to hp into ribs or another item, would be very least needed to survive.

I mean.. when everyone complained about erenor beeing to op you had a nerf on it for 10%.. what's different this time?
Noone did that and you still listened people asking you such changes in this server.
We had customized items cause they were too strong, can we have a custom buff now to survive the critical damage and rate jncrease?

@taylor fullbuffed with nodachi you can onetap me with some preparing, who else is your problem as healer? Unscrupolous? :Insertmemehere:

Last edited:
except for the highest tier obsidian you can already do that with transmuters or the obsidian cloaking coming up, I don't really see the issue in changing from DR to archer or leather tank, if you wanna play different style class you need to put in effort into changing gear, if you wanna play the new OP you should not be helped to do that but taxed for doing that

a change that makes old OP weak (which isn't really what we are asking for anyway, we just want it less OP and closer to balanced) would make those players think about their decisions and maybe actually pick the class THEY want to play rather the class they are forced to play to be viable/class that's OP

I am trying but I am just not seeing you correcting me at all, you speak about upcoming patch for once, not correcting me on the point that darkrunners have been insanely overpowered up until now and no patch changed that, for second you are sharing your own opinion without providing any reason as to why is that, contrary with patch notes, data from live and the math crunch others have made on the topic

I'll be sure to check out the EU server tho, I never knew there was one, I only heard about this NA and the RU server so far

+1
New 4.0 will MAYBE make so we are not getting oneshot without even beeing tripped.
That's not even op, definition for that is closer to "retarded".
The op but likely to be retarded too thing is the triplock.
Charge -> TripleSlash = trip.
Daggers -> Whirlwind = trip.
Overwhelm -> Shadowsmite = trip.
Red dragon bow -> Trip.
Behind Enemy Lines -> Trip.

And also the debuffs.. stalkermark -60% recv heals
Tigerstrike has distress -60% heal effectiveness.
Then the debuffs from shaken, thwart, the actual slow on the distress, the daggers on shadowplay, wallop dmg increase, pin down combo. Should i go on?

That's just cancer to play against...
We can't defend from that and if they focus a target, this one takes around 0 heals or get oneshot anyway.
We can counter it maybe once but i'm not sure we need to adapt to a cancer class or if the cancerclass needs to be balanced.
It's like saying "yo i like to eat candy so everyone needs to hide their own or imma steal 'hem"

Last edited:
Back