What's new

Shorten cooldown for seed plantings

vulgrr

Ok so,

Can we please shorten the cool down for planting seeds from 3 to like .5 seconds?

It literally takes 30 seconds just to plant 10 seeds. It is a chore already as is to actually plant single seeds, with having to line them up and stuff, and the rewards for it are about 3.5x return per seed, but really, being forced to wait serious lengths of time between each seed plant is kind of a troll.

It would be an amazing QOL improvement if seed planting could be much much faster. I'm not asking for instant, but gating seed planting artificially behind a timer is just kind of old hat stuff that was never really looked at.

Also, while I am on the subject of seeds and things,

Can the timer for Narcissus be made to match the timer for Azaela?

I am confused why the same tier of flower has two different timers. Azaela is a 10 minute timer (due to the server's decreased grow time) but Narcissus is a 30 minute timer. I just can't fathom why this is like this.

Planting cooldown is the global cooldown of the player for actions.
No it cannot be shortened because it would cause problems

Planting cooldown is the global cooldown of the player for actions.
No it cannot be shortened because it would cause problems

That...doesn't make sense though. The cooldown that appears only affects seed/placeable items and not other actions. I can be in combat while planting seeds, and summon mounts and do other actions...

That...doesn't make sense though. The cooldown that appears only affects seed/placeable items and not other actions. I can be in combat while planting seeds, and summon mounts and do other actions...

You know the global cooldown when you do attacks? Seed planting follows the same value. So reducing seed planting GCD is actually reducing ALL GCD, which could have insanely drastic side effects and omit the need for attack speed gems in some regard.

??????. "Appears to only affects" versus... a mod directly telling you exactly how it is in game... Yeah go with your "appears" why not...

The cool down affects ALL actions since it's on global cooldown timer that attacks, placing, etc follows.
Do you even look at your action bar when you are placing things? Probably not, so you're looking in the wrong place which is why your "appears" is wrong :p
For example,
if you have any non-direct targeted casts (e.g. God's Whip, Drop-back, Songcrafter songs, etc, Meteor, etc) you will see that they cannot be "casted" immediately after planting seed or saplings.
SO your "appears" is in direct contravention with things that can be seen in game...

??????. "Appears to only affects" versus... a mod directly telling you exactly how it is in game... Yeah go with your "appears" why not...

The cool down affects ALL actions since it's on global cooldown timer that attacks, placing, etc follows.
Do you even look at your action bar when you are placing things? Probably not, so you're looking in the wrong place which is why your "appears" is wrong :p
For example,
if you have any non-direct targeted casts (e.g. God's Whip, Drop-back, Songcrafter songs, etc, Meteor, etc) you will see that they cannot be "casted" immediately after planting seed or saplings.
SO your "appears" is in direct contravention with things that can be seen in game...

You are so off base it isn't even funny.

I am literally talking about the inability to use the seeds for 3 seconds after one has been placed. Look at what happens to the seeds when you put them down. I'm not talking about the attack speed based GCD. Those are NOT the same values.

Also I never sad "appears to only affect". I literally said "the cooldown that appears".

I don't understand how this wasn't clearly interpreted the first two times I explained it. The values are NOT shared. I am not talking about the cooldown that appears once the seed is put in the world, I am talking about the cooldown applied to the ITEM.

You know the global cooldown when you do attacks? Seed planting follows the same value. So reducing seed planting GCD is actually reducing ALL GCD, which could have insanely drastic side effects and omit the need for attack speed gems in some regard.

I'm talking about the seed item/placeable item cooldown bud, not the GCD applied to actions once the seed spawns in the world. AFAIK there aren't any actions at all that you can do that cause a 3 second GCD, unless you are under some serious attack speed debuffs like throw dagger or crippling mire.

Cooldown is the time between planting. That cooldown is a part of the global cooldown.
If you mean planting action itself, that's a cast time. Each such planting is a separate skill for separate plants and there are hundreds of such. Changing each of them for a little for faster planting is kind of problematic and time consuming.

I'd like to point out it wouldn't be a little bit of time saved, it could be massive. The reduction or removal of the cast time for rapid planting in the overworld would be huge. It currently takes 30 seconds to plant a measly 10 seeds.

Planting 1000 seeds would take 3000 seconds, or 50 minutes, at *minimum*. This doesn't count the time required after pulling the seed out to line it up with the other seeds on your land to get it placed properly.

Overall it would be a fantastic quality of life improvement.

Also a SQL query on the columns in the SQLLite database for the skills could severely reduce time of development for this...I am sure one or more of the columns has the same value applied that could be triggered on with a WHERE clause

I get what you're saying, but a global cooldown solution isn't going to work.
Another suggestion might, if more bundles were created.

Aquafarming is pretty bad, because no seedbeds, no bundles.
New archerage custom bundle recipes could be added to accomplish the same goal.

Bundles for aquafarming
Bundles for trees - logging already does this somewhat but it's not good, and requires 10 expensive hardwood, in fact just adjusting the royal seed/hardwood reqs for logging/farming/gathering 230k bundles could help alot

Of course if these bundles were added, that'd just further complicate the situation I was trying to address in my economy thread:
We can produce >10000 grain in the time it takes to consume/remove 2000 from the economy through trade packing

Making it even easier to produce more, means instead of 2s grain prices we'll see 1s or less grain prices, because it can not be consumed enough.

If there were pearl bundles, instead of pearls being 1g each on the auction house, they'd probably drop to 5s each or less.

Bundles for aquafarming
Bundles for trees - logging already does this somewhat but it's not good, and requires 10 expensive hardwood, in fact just adjusting the royal seed/hardwood reqs for logging/farming/gathering 230k bundles could help alot

Of course if these bundles were added, that'd just further complicate the situation I was trying to address in my economy thread:
We can produce >10000 grain in the time it takes to consume/remove 2000 from the economy through trade packing

Making it even easier to produce more, means instead of 2s grain prices we'll see 1s or less grain prices, because it can not be consumed enough.

If there were pearl bundles, instead of pearls being 1g each on the auction house, they'd probably drop to 5s each or less.
in all reality logging woodlots were always useless and still is... it costs too much to chop it, for little to no reward.
coral bundles suggestion, was made quite a few times, but somehow always gets shot down so...
230k gathering, farming even marginally logging is kinda useless waste of gold. Logging is more of a gambling problem, than usefulness, cause if u have to invest 15g to make a skyreach woodlot, its just insane.... and then u ahve to luck out a skyreach tst, because if u don't - u're pretty much fuked...
out of all of this im more inclined to get coral bundles than any of rcps tweaks for logging, gathering, farming 230k... cause that would make sense and kinda fix the time issue, because the bundle will be a concentration of corals... less to plant...
and if u check the history of the whole archeage, nothing was done to improve aqua farming... its basically the same shit since the inception of the game... making a bungalow is not an improvement of aquafarming.... its just more space to give u headache while planting.... it does not save u time, but even adds up more time spent...
im all up for coral seeds beds on bungalows, or coral bundles and i think many coral planters would agree.... try planting pearls every day on a few bungalows and aquafarms... for 2 weeks.... probably we'll never see u in AA after that... :D
to combat that GCD timer, many ppl opt in to build harvester villages, where they just seedbed everything, cause it just saves u time... instead of bundle crafting, then bundle planting... sadly u can't do that for aqua farming...

Bundles for aquafarming

Archeage has several different types of cooldown systems

For example, the Global cooldown (which is NOT actually the topic of discussion here), the one everyone is used to and interacts with on a daily basis, is used for things like Coinpurses, equipping weapons, utilizing skills of most types (some don't trigger a global cooldown like Retribution from Occultism), This cooldown can be lowered by increasing your Attack Speed. You know you are under the effect of a global cooldown if items or skills actually tied to the global cooldown are greyed out. See here for an example:
Planting a seed does not trigger this in any visible way.

There is also a seperate cooldown system for your Armor. Every armor slot has its own cooldown timer to prevent you from switching pieces too fast. This is fairly new if my memory serves, and came around as a result of an old bug that could crash people's DX11 clients if you swapped armor too fast.

Then there are cast time cooldowns for each "spell". Items are counted as spells and casts in this game too. For example, if you trigger (cast) a spell like Arc Lightning, that will immediately (even if you move to cancel it) triggers a Global Cooldown to prevent you from doing another action too quickly. Then, if you continue to channel that spell and fully cast it, you then have a 20 second cooldown before you can cast it again. This cooldown is hard coded into each skill/spell in the game and CANNOT be changed, unless directly affected by items (such as the item dropped by Prince Hironimous in Burning Castle), or by skill resets such as Block and Retaliate from battlerage. The cooldown for Seeds falls under this category.

I haven't 100% fully clocked the times seeds prevent you from using them again, but is around 3 seconds if you actually use the seed to put it in the over world (Sparkle says it seems to be 2.18 seconds, and she would know as she has access to the source code). This cooldown is NOT actually the same as the global cooldown. And, I cannot actually see any appreciable affect on the actual global cooldown after planting a seed. If there is one, it is on the scale of less than half a second. I suspect once a seed spawns in the overworld, there may be a seperate cooldown system for it entirely, if one even exists.

Try it yourself...pull out a seed, put it in the ground, then as fast as you can afterwards spam an instant cast skill like drop back, or open your glider, or summon a mount or something. You'll notice you can basically do it instantaneously. *However* this isn't even the crux of my request...the request is to remove the associated CAST cooldown (I also call it an "Item Level Cooldown").

Cooldowns in a game context are time gates between one action and the time until you can perform an action again, regardless if it is the same action, or a different one (but in this case the request is to severely reduce, or if possible remove the cooldown between planting one seed and being able to plant the next). To reiterate, I am reffering to the ~3 second cooldown applied to a seed after fully utilizing it before you are allowed to use the next one. Again, not part of the global cooldown.

You can see here for more detail what I am referring to (actually navigate to the link, there are two pictures there):

Notice the > 2 second cooldown applied to the seed on #3 of my hotbar, and that ALL of the world placeable items in my inventory are also following the SAME cooldown period.

You may have also spotted that I grabbed a picture less than a quarter of a second after planting the seed, and no global cooldown was enacted on any of my skills, nor items tied to the Global Cooldown queue (vehicles, gliders, coinpurses, etc). Again, this is why I suspect there is a different system entirely that isn't the GCD, if one exists at all, outside of the item level cooldown applied to seeds/placeable items.

Last edited:
Back