What's new

Wrathsmite Change

The price disparity is the kadums/wrathsmites, obviously. As I already quoted.

These prices are rough approximations based on auction house fluctuations and are able to change at any time:
The cost of a t7 wooden weapon is: 235 sun essence (~4,700g), 12 kadum barks (~4,800g), 12 nightmare essence (~600g), and 10 blazing nuri lumber (~40,000g)
Total T7 Wooden Cost: ~50,100g

The cost of a t7 metal weapon is: 235 sun essence (~4,700g), 30 wrathsmite shards (~50,000), 12 kyrios fragments (~300g), and 10 blazing nuri sunridge ingots (~40,000g)
Total T7 Metal Cost: ~95,000

As you can see, the overall cost of t7'ing a wooden vs a metal weapon doesn't not exceed a 2x multiple, it is not 4,800g vs 50,000g but rather 50,100g vs 95,000g. Assuming someone simply just buys every material needed for the craft through the auction house. You're not paying 10x to T7 your metal weapon, and you're actually not even paying double what a wooden user would pay.

---

Wrathsmites have costed more than kadums per unit for pretty much the entire existence of the server, this isn't a newfound phenomenon or only because of custom changes. What is boring to you may be enjoyable to another player, just because running a dungeon for gold isn't very interesting for some players, doesn't mean that same mindset can be extrapolated to the entire population. If you really have comparable ways to make gold that are much less boring, then why is it so undesirable to buy wrathsmites if you hate mistsong so much and are truly making equal or better levels of money?

If a person's moneymaking method isn't up to par with the value that mistsong gives, and they also aren't willing to buy the shards, or they think the dungeon is too hard, and this doesn't motivate them to change something by either starting to run it themselves, make more gold, or get better at the game; then I'm sorry, but they're a hopeless case and have an extremely weak mentality. The biggest goals/achievements in ArcheAge shouldn't be achievable solely on your own or by being apathetic (Castles, Ayanad earring, Dream ring, the biggest and hardest bosses, the highest grades of equipments), this is a MMO after all and by isolating yourself you should be put at a disadvantage. Arguably, 30 runs of mistsong is a drop in the bucket in comparison to 100 runs of serp and dahuta each, or a 3 month questline of dailies and bosses, or something that requires at least 50 assembled players to attempt let alone accomplish. If mistsong wasn't hard in 2.9 or 3.0 with crappy gear and no ancestrals/op gems, then it sure as hell isn't in 4.0.

Let's also for a moment consider the future implications of patches that are arriving in less than 6 months:

In the 4.5 patch, T7 weapon and armor will become recloakable relatively cheaply. You will be able to essentially transmute and sell any bound t7 equipment. This will only make T7 items more accessible to other players, primarily because there will likely be a substantial influx of these weapons from players who previously quit. Even if T7 costs were an issue on this server, there is a planned update coming within a relatively short amount of time that essentially adresses the T7 accessibility issue that some people on this thread claim exists.
I don't think you understand what @HNIC_Steamroller is implying at all. If 5 wrathsmites dropped, the price would go down, but the total gold earned with ALL 5 of them would be the same as originally selling one. Therefore, your argument on money making methods is irrelevant. How could it possibly hurt anybody's feelings to make this change? The people farming Mistsong get the same gold return, while more players are able to achieve their T7 goal. I've just been watching this forum post and haven't decided to comment until now, but @Thinking your arguments don't seem to hold water.

The price disparity is the kadums/wrathsmites, obviously. As I already quoted.

These prices are rough approximations based on auction house fluctuations and are able to change at any time:
The cost of a t7 wooden weapon is: 235 sun essence (~4,700g), 12 kadum barks (~4,800g), 12 nightmare essence (~600g), and 10 blazing nuri lumber (~40,000g)
Total T7 Wooden Cost: ~50,100g

The cost of a t7 metal weapon is: 235 sun essence (~4,700g), 30 wrathsmite shards (~50,000), 12 kyrios fragments (~300g), and 10 blazing nuri sunridge ingots (~40,000g)
Total T7 Metal Cost: ~95,000

As you can see, the overall cost of t7'ing a wooden vs a metal weapon doesn't not exceed a 2x multiple, it is not 4,800g vs 50,000g but rather 50,100g vs 95,000g. Assuming someone simply just buys every material needed for the craft through the auction house. You're not paying 10x to T7 your metal weapon, and you're actually not even paying double what a wooden user would pay.

---

Wrathsmites have costed more than kadums per unit for pretty much the entire existence of the server, this isn't a newfound phenomenon or only because of custom changes. What is boring to you may be enjoyable to another player, just because running a dungeon for gold isn't very interesting for some players, doesn't mean that same mindset can be extrapolated to the entire population. If you really have comparable ways to make gold that are much less boring, then why is it so undesirable to buy wrathsmites if you hate mistsong so much and are truly making equal or better levels of money?

If a person's moneymaking method isn't up to par with the value that mistsong gives, and they also aren't willing to buy the shards, or they think the dungeon is too hard, and this doesn't motivate them to change something by either starting to run it themselves, make more gold, or get better at the game; then I'm sorry, but they're a hopeless case and have an extremely weak mentality. The biggest goals/achievements in ArcheAge shouldn't be achievable solely on your own or by being apathetic (Castles, Ayanad earring, Dream ring, the biggest and hardest bosses, the highest grades of equipments), this is a MMO after all and by isolating yourself you should be put at a disadvantage. Arguably, 30 runs of mistsong is a drop in the bucket in comparison to 100 runs of serp and dahuta each, or a 3 month questline of dailies and bosses, or something that requires at least 50 assembled players to attempt let alone accomplish. If mistsong wasn't hard in 2.9 or 3.0 with crappy gear and no ancestrals/op gems, then it sure as hell isn't in 4.0.

Let's also for a moment consider the future implications of patches that are arriving in less than 6 months:

In the 4.5 patch, T7 weapon and armor will become recloakable relatively cheaply. You will be able to essentially transmute and sell any bound t7 equipment. This will only make T7 items more accessible to other players, primarily because there will likely be a substantial influx of these weapons from players who previously quit. Even if T7 costs were an issue on this server, there is a planned update coming within a relatively short amount of time that essentially adresses the T7 accessibility issue that some people on this thread claim exists.

I'm honestly impressed by your ability to put a lot of words into a post without actually saying anything of value.

At this point you are legitemately ignoring everything that is being said and don't want your stubborn opinion to be influenced by constructive argumentation.
Trying to devaluate all of what he has said only because you refuse to change your mindset isn't going to get you anyhwere.

At this point you are legitemately ignoring everything that is being said and don't want your stubborn opinion to be influenced by constructive argumentation.
Trying to devaluate all of what he has said only because you refuse to change your mindset isn't going to get you anyhwere.
You're talking about Thinking right? @HNIC_Steamroller has had nothing but great arguments as to why the change should be made. You on the other hand are known for shutting down forums for your argumentative and pointless feedback. Read through the comments again, then respond appropriately as to why he is wrong, and you are right.

idk who you're talking to but it sounds like you're using words you don't understand just to sound photosynthesis

OK, so moving on.... at this point we've almost all:
1) acknowledged that there is a huge (30-50k depending on who you ask) gold disparity between different types of weapons and the source of that disparity is the difference between wrathsmites and kadums barks.
2) been unable to think of any logical reason why the crafting recipes are different. It's not that way for balance. It's that way because that's the way that XL made it.
3) seen several reasons why wrathsmites are higher on this server than on live

I don't care what the solution is. I just think that with the proliferation of legendary weapons (several a day with the new regrade %s) that something needs to give. Either the crafting requirements for both types need to be equalized (or brought closer in line with one another) or the supply of wrathsmites slightly increased while kadums barks slightly decreased.

You on the other hand are known for shutting down forums for your argumentative and pointless feedback.

Lmao pissed your thread about buffing 2hs got closed. Omega

Thinking has brought up multiple arguments as to why it's fine and took apart a lot of what Dahmer said with simple logical sense. Yeah he might have 1 or two points that are valid but imo not enough to force a change. I myself suggested 20 barks 30 smites in case this gains any more attention and more people show up who voice their concerns about the topic, to suggest a middle-path both sides can be happy with.

I never said Dahmer is wrong and that I am right. I'm saying he's being a prick when he says nothing of what Thinking said has had any value of contribution to the discussion because it's a lie.

Continue to white knight your friend though. It's legit just the four of us here arguing. Not many people seem to be bothered about this at all so who cares anyways.

but it sounds like you're using words you don't understand just to sound photosynthesis
Never cringed so hard in my life

Last edited:
I never said Dahmer is wrong and that I am right. I'm saying he's being a prick when he says nothing of what Thinking said has had any value of contribution to the discussion because it's a lie.
@HNIC_Steamroller you prick! LMOA. How dare you voice an opinion and be right.

How dare you give an incredibly reasonable explanation as to why the change should be made, then get a response as if nobody listened, then make your point clear again, then they just don't read it or understand it, so you voice your opinion again until eventually you stop repeating yourself because these people obviously cannot read, then get called a prick for not giving a thorough repetitive explanation to somebody that hasn't listened to a damn word you said.

HOW ? DARE ? YOU ?

Thinking has brought up multiple arguments as to why it's fine and took apart a lot of what Dahmer said with simple logical sense.

Where did he do that? So far he's basically acknowledged that there's price disparity and then continued to argue that "material cost isn't entire weapon cost" (which literally nobody disagrees with) over and over and over with big old hot word salads.

I haven't seen one actual argument about why the price disparity exists or why it's a good idea.

Nothin here is resonable and based on facts. Zero information based assumptions. if u want equlized T7 weapon cost craft you should consider decreasing kadum bark drop so wooden weapons will be harder to make cuz its rly kinda joke to craft T7 bow.

There is no logical argument for why one arbitrary class of weapons should be any more difficult to get than any other type. Barks are plentiful because you don't have to go out of your way to get them - that event would be done regardless of whether or not that reward existed. On the other hand, Mistsong is a timesink that requires multiple people to go out of their way to do, and it's a hassle, so Wrathsmite armor shards are much more infrequent.

I would put forward the suggestion that instead of one category of weapons being vastly easier to obtain, they should equalize out the materials between the two types - cut both the bark and armor shard requirements in half, and require both types of materials to make a T7 weapon. That way, everyone suffers the same, without affecting the economy of those two materials.

Nice of you to tell someone they don't deserve a t7 legendary because they are a casual player that don't always have the ability to free farm a dungeon needed for their weapons. Or know the secrets or have the ability to make mass amounts of gold. Should only be for the elitist that have a ton of friends or high gs people to run it for/with em eh? I don't deserve a good weapon in a GAME. Holy *** wow. What a way of 'thinking'
Some ppl just gotta kick the lower people even lower...

There is no logical argument for why one arbitrary class of weapons should be any more difficult to get than any other type. Barks are plentiful because you don't have to go out of your way to get them - that event would be done regardless of whether or not that reward existed. On the other hand, Mistsong is a timesink that requires multiple people to go out of their way to do, and it's a hassle, so Wrathsmite armor shards are much more infrequent.

I would put forward the suggestion that instead of one category of weapons being vastly easier to obtain, they should equalize out the materials between the two types - cut both the bark and armor shard requirements in half, and require both types of materials to make a T7 weapon. That way, everyone suffers the same, without affecting the economy of those two materials.

I agree with this approach to eliminate the disparity. Most of the folks who disagree with lowering the gap in this thread are 9k+ player nation folks who have already got endgame gear and are afraid of competition from geared west/east players.

Back