What's new

Plants that don't exist in the Erinoor.

Andres1917

I find it a bit strange that Erinoor is missing plants and things that correspond to plants and animals native to North and South America. I think this is because it is based loosley on Asia/Europe/Africa if they were in a huge race war.

First is Tobacco. I'm not surprised this is missing because only Native Americans used this before colonialism. Now it is very popular in Asia, Africa, Europe, and especially Russia, which has the highest number in the world of cigarettes per person.

Second thing missing is Opium. I would really like to play the game as a Harani Opium farmer and make huge money off of a plant that gives you a buff, then a debuff if you get addicted and not use it for long enough. Even though I'm not a junkie, I have always had a fascination with Opium and substances that can alter minds of people. Maybe it can give boosts to magic damage or something. I'm not sure what region Opium poppies would thrive in. In reality, Myanmar and Afghanistan are the largest producers of Opium, and one of those is a lush tropical jungle while the other is a cold desert.

Third is hemp/marijuana. I see why this is not in the game as its popularity would make every other plant ignored (lol) and you can already make cloth from sheep and cotton, so there is no point in there also being a hemp fabric.

Fourth thing I would like to see in the game is Caffeine. This should increase your agility when made into a potion or something. I'm not sure what the native region would be but I will guess tropical since Cuba and the rest of the carribean seem to be the best at producing that.

I also think it may be interesting to have coca plants in the game. They are native to South America and they have been used traditionally for 8000 years. Today they are just used for cocaine because modern people are huge fans of drugs, but in the ancient times like in Archerage they would have been used on vision quests and to get closer to supernatural things.

You just listed a bunch of drugs and the plant they come from and decided to call it a day.
And for most of them you didn't even put a proper in game use... just "item that gives buff'debuff based on the theme of how the drug works IRL"

We have opium, you plant a thing called POPPY, ever heard of that?

so, add all kinds of unhealthy shit? o_O whats next, tr packs of cigars, made with tobacco?

and there's cocoa trees already, fyi.

I find it a bit strange that Erinoor is missing plants and things that correspond to plants and animals native to North and South America. I think this is because it is based loosley on Asia/Europe/Africa if they were in a huge race war.

First is Tobacco. I'm not surprised this is missing because only Native Americans used this before colonialism. Now it is very popular in Asia, Africa, Europe, and especially Russia, which has the highest number in the world of cigarettes per person.

Second thing missing is Opium. I would really like to play the game as a Harani Opium farmer and make huge money off of a plant that gives you a buff, then a debuff if you get addicted and not use it for long enough. Even though I'm not a junkie, I have always had a fascination with Opium and substances that can alter minds of people. Maybe it can give boosts to magic damage or something. I'm not sure what region Opium poppies would thrive in. In reality, Myanmar and Afghanistan are the largest producers of Opium, and one of those is a lush tropical jungle while the other is a cold desert.

Third is hemp/marijuana. I see why this is not in the game as its popularity would make every other plant ignored (lol) and you can already make cloth from sheep and cotton, so there is no point in there also being a hemp fabric.

Fourth thing I would like to see in the game is Caffeine. This should increase your agility when made into a potion or something. I'm not sure what the native region would be but I will guess tropical since Cuba and the rest of the carribean seem to be the best at producing that.

I also think it may be interesting to have coca plants in the game. They are native to South America and they have been used traditionally for 8000 years. Today they are just used for cocaine because modern people are huge fans of drugs, but in the ancient times like in Archerage they would have been used on vision quests and to get closer to supernatural things.
Simply no.

You just listed a bunch of drugs and the plant they come from and decided to call it a day.
And for most of them you didn't even put a proper in game use... just "item that gives buff'debuff based on the theme of how the drug works IRL"

We have opium, you plant a thing called POPPY, ever heard of that?
But can we make Opium from a crafting table? I want to farm Opium in the deserts of Arcum Iris.

Back