Do You Want Patch 4.5?

DO YOU WANT THE SERVER TO RELEASE 4.5?

• YES

Votes: 44 66.7%
  • NO

Votes: 22 33.3%

• Total voters

Kezz

I think it would be great to see just how interested or excited the community is to progress to 4.5

Are you excited for patch 4.5? BE SURE TO VOTE YES OR NO ABOVE ?

You can see the current poll results after you cast your vote.
Feel free to discuss.​

Last edited:
Let's take the patch back to 3.0b
Jokes aside, patch 4.5 onwards is a completely different game which is the reason PS has been popular as the game just get's fucked from 3.0b onwards.
The server population has declined as we've moved through patches and I think patch 4.5 will just kill the server, very little reason to play 4.5 when you can play live with a higher population.
Keep the server on 4.0, though it's highly unlikely it'd be nice to see the server back on 3.0b.

As archer, yes I'm excited for it and can't wait to play it.
As a trader and someone that loved making gold and seeing gear progression, I just want a server below patch 3.5 again.
I have hopes that if AR ever dies to the point in which even the devs admit to it, that they'll do a fresh start from 2.9.
Really not a fan of that concept but I would've never imagined how boring the game becomes after 3.5.

I just don't see a big variety in making gold for new players in our current patch and all the ones that are yet to come. So I don't see a reason as to why our population should ever go back to what it used to be.

But staying on 4.0 ? Hell nah. Super boring patch to play on.

Hiram is something really good, especially for new players allow em aim to have a gear to work on it, doing contest and not trying to find how to farm gold and improve gear, probably AR devs can find a good way to avoid some bad things 4.5 has on it, let's wait what happens with it
'idk

4.5 has it's drawbacks but admittedly every ArcheAge patch has something that somebody doesn't like.

In order to actually make a proposition though, I believe this issue needs to be expanded: If you don't want 4.5, what do you want?

Unfortunately here I think there are really a limited number of ways we can go based on where the server is already at.

1. Stay on 4.0, for the forseeable future

2. Progress through patches

Reverting to a previous patch probably isn't an option outside the scope of a fresh start due to things like erenors, new gems, etc.

Personally speaking, I'd like to see future patches (4.5, 5.x, etc) as soon as possible as I'm already pretty bored of 4.0, however, I acknowledge that a server is only fun if there are actually other players to play with. This being said, the administration has stated numerous times that we are going to be progressing through the patches and not necessarily stopping on an individual one. I'm also curious how it would work if the NA server decided to stay on 4.0 let's say, but ArcheRage RU kept progressing through the patches? We'll need more insight from an admin on this I believe.

Yes to 4.5, but with plenty of notice so we can go through the patch and modify what doesn't work, and keep what does. Having two weeks notice of what is changing and what isn't won't be enough this time.

Yes to 4.5, but with some heavy stipulations

First, leave the current obsidian recipes in the game as they stand, or even better revert them to 3.5. There is no reason it shouldn't still be craftable. A lot of people like obsidian and it offers some nice stat bonuses. However, at this point it should remain with the same stats as it has now, or if anything absolutely has to be changed make it easier to obtain and slightly easier to regrade, **OR** optionally maybe buff it by 5%. Meta choices are nice to have. Why ruin sandbox elements?

Secondly, leave hiram in the game. Does anyone at all remember the old Hasla grind? Not on *this* server because obsidian was already out when this server started, but I remember hasla. Literal ***months*** to get those stupid tokens. Obsolete with the obsidian patch. People moved on. I was forced into a meta I didn't necessarily like, but I viewed it as all things should be viewed: a stepping stone to the next great thing. Hiram is the next great thing.

Hiram is another new set of armor designed to fit with the new content. If we have nothing but the old armor we won't really be able to actively participate in the new content. In addition, it's new armor! New equipment is always a good thing. A lot of old hats are going to complain because "waah, I did all this work with obsidian and now there is something better" but they need to learn to let go. Crafted armor is far more difficult to obtain and regrade than obsidian because it isn't comprised of just throw away materials. It got slightly easier with patch 3.5 but really not by much, and the Archeum restriction gate that was introduced with the reduction of wisps makes things pretty much just as difficult as RNG meta anyway. Even trees for archeum are a hot joke, and produce next to no meaningful amount.

Obsidian armor as a whole invalidated a LOT of stuff, including for a large part crafted armor, and is largely viewed as BIS for many classes, however things change and evolve. People need to learn to adapt.

Third, undo the nerf to wave meteor. The continuous nerfs to already the WORST SKILLTREE IN THE GAME are disgusting and need to stop. Magic may have the highest skill damage % for the most part (except for concussive arrow from Archery), but it has the absolute highest time to kill and most penalties for choosing to use it. No resets, massive cooldowns, barely any CC, and long channeling times. Magic has *THE LOWEST* defensive penetration capabilities, and is all too easy to be tanky against. All the skill damage in the world means nothing if people in basic freaking leather can get 50% damage reduction without even trying. I have one of the highest int stats on the server if not the highest, and I regularly fight 2H darkrunners with *over 60% magic damage reduction*. XL Games is literally incapable of basic mathematics and has relegated a massively popular playstyle to the garbage can.

Melee is served absolutely everything on a platter, from GCD abuse capabilities to the lowest time to kill to the highest damage output in PvP scenarios and many more things besides, including the raw ability to abuse the poor network coding this game has without even having to try. Can we stop following piss poor implementation designs please?

Third, undo the nerf to wave meteor. The continuous nerfs to already the WORST SKILLTREE IN THE GAME are disgusting and need to stop. Magic may have the highest skill damage % for the most part (except for concussive arrow from Archery), but it has the absolute highest time to kill and most penalties for choosing to use it. No resets, massive cooldowns, barely any CC, and long channeling times. Magic has *THE LOWEST* defensive penetration capabilities, and is all too easy to be tanky against.

I wouldn't say sorcery is the worst, archery is pretty shit, too. Wouldn't say it has the highest time to kill either, if you can just animation cancel gods whip or press 2 buttons for 50K crits on people sub 9K gs. Magic maybe has the lowest defense penetration, but really who runs around with a magic defense shield ? I'm pretty sure only a fraction of our population. Archery is extremely easy to be tanky against, too. Just equip a shield and face the archer.

I wouldn't say revert the nerf. I'd much rather say remove the deep freeze from it and let it continue to deal damage all the way. I'd honestly say that buffs it more than reverting it.

I wouldn't say sorcery is the worst, archery is pretty shit, too. Wouldn't say it has the highest time to kill either, if you can just animation cancel gods whip or press 2 buttons for 50K crits on people sub 9K gs. Magic maybe has the lowest defense penetration, but really who runs around with a magic defense shield ? I'm pretty sure only a fraction of our population. Archery is extremely easy to be tanky against, too. Just equip a shield and face the archer.

I wouldn't say revert the nerf. I'd much rather say remove the deep freeze from it and let it continue to deal damage all the way. I'd honestly say that buffs it more than reverting it.

I can't disagree that archery has it pretty rough, but there are a lot of advantages to archery, including:

Constant mobility. Extreme attack volume. High physical defense penetration (though not as high as melee due to puncture passive). Good CC. Wholesale destruction of mages. Outdistancing every other class.

Animation cancelling is nice with gods whip weaving, and I take a lot of pride that I have never once needed a macro to do it, but there is nothing nice about being required to blow every single instant in your skill tree to *maybe* drop one target (try fighting healers as a mage), when the vice versa does not apply *to any other DPS class in the game*

"Also, pressing two buttons for a 50k crit" is a rather big exaggeration. Total damage maybe, but definitely not health damage. Chain lightning rarely hits for more than 7k health damage, even against full plate wearing targets, and ontop of having to sit still for at least 1.5 seconds to cast an arc @40% cast time, (not including any cast delays from taking damage), even pending you get that hit off, it's one target with a 35 second CD after, and MAYBE 21k health damage over all. The defensive stats in this game vs magic from pretty much all armor types (even lightly gemmed plate + a magic shield) basically prevents you from going over that.

I've been hit by drop back + conc while wearing a shield @8k pdef for 21k off no combos. Disgusting.

Also lets not forget that in 4.5 mages get even MORE cucked with the introduction of the new shield block mechanics. 40% damage still received along with any debuffs that come along from the hit taken. More disgusting.

Personally i think they should stop at 5.5. After 5.5, the game becomes mostly faction based, and there's less open world pvp, things like twt become uncontestable. The whole guild/family based aspect of the game is part of what makes the game what it is, and later patches take away from this and make it boring faction based, hence why many people quit 6.0. 5.5 adds t4 hiram, and t2 erenor, which i think if nerfed, are good things that added to the game. T1 erenor armor is pretty bad currently, but t2 makes it viable. With players being able to get resil dmg redcution, making it actually viable, compared to the crappy erenor. Weapons get crit dmg and pen, making them better. 5.3 also adds new content to the game, like the hiram instances, and the noryette dungeon. 5.4 adds the new black dragon boss. 5.0 also brings the new achievement mount, 5.3 adds the achievement glider, and 5.5 the achievement pet. All of which give new things for players to work towards.

Last edited:
Back