Bring back wisps and reforging back ?

Revert crafting to 3.0 Or Remain as it is

• Revert to 3.0

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Remain as it is

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters

havockitty

Crafting is literaly dead. Its basicly dumping gold into items and hoping for regrade chance to epic. Costs of crafting are insane to the point almost noone is crafting anymore. Meaby administration and community would like to look at bringing back wisps and reforging system to realive crafting in game and meaby ppl would be able to make erenor gear in normal prices. Drop your opionions plz.

Personally I fully support this idea. The wisp system sucked at first, but honestly it turned out to be far better than a straight archeum crafting system.

The wisp system allowed for better production of archeum than the severely gated trees, and overall kept the crafting market alive.

After wisps were removed, the archeum return from weapons and armor tanked severely. It is frankly insulting that an ayanad returns like 4 archeum essence given the sheer amount that goes into crafting it.

Crafting has become such a RNG and time gated crapshoot ever since the removal of wisps that no one wants to do it. There is no longer a reward for investing in these proficiency trees, and the amount of resources the server can muster overall has dropped.

Bring it back along with the 3.0 salvage rages.

Yes by bringing back reforging i mean also reciving wisps from salvaging, i am Sure that Administration have acces to old crafting system files and that could be done.

Bring back old rng crafting system, bring back reforging, bring back the wisps, and DROP the current system. I'd absolutely be more active if that system was still around. Get rid of transmutors or make them only work on ayanad.

There'd actually be an economy for crafters and an even better one for farmers again...

Bringing back the old system is something that while should be possible to do would take a little while to do.
That being said the extent of doing this is so large to consider it we would need a poll of player opinion to see how many are in favour of it.

I disagree. From the viewpoint of a relatively new player, wisps required a lot more resources to make and use. With the existing system, I simply have to have enough archeum to upgrade; I don't have to first create gear from scratch to break into wisps (or buy them from the auction house) first. So the existing system works better for me.

I disagree. From the viewpoint of a relatively new player, wisps required a lot more resources to make and use. With the existing system, I simply have to have enough archeum to upgrade; I don't have to first create gear from scratch to break into wisps (or buy them from the auction house) first. So the existing system works better for me.

Its not true and i am explaining why. When u can reforge u startinng crafting from epherium delphinad and that save u already a lot of gold, Next u dont have to regrade items on every step and u dont have to use transmuters. Currect process i very high gold and labor consuming and that price at the end is paying person that buing anything from AH. Current system is very simple dont demand u to have knowlege about how reforging works and what is worth and what is not You simply put gold and items to get in 100% what u want but is way more expensive cuz of lak of rng. Old system was promoting specialization into specific types of crafting mainly cuz of wisp base that crafter had to maintain to constantly produce items. Me and couple guys here that already wrote comments is or was crafters i was specializing in jewelry and i can asure u that item prices after crafting changes was implemented increased in price for jewelry from 3000 gold for ayanad to 5000 gold.

If transumters could be used on ayanad only that would remove rng prices on last stage of crafting and lower prices as well, i dont mind that change cuz it would be good for both sides, ppl that buy gear would get cheaper item that they can always reroll and crafter would not get chain of bad rng on last stage.

Last edited:
Its not true and i am explaining why. When u can reforge u startinng crafting from epherium delphinad and that save u already a lot of gold,

You're assuming that I can craft epherium or delphinad. I can't. It's also more time and resource efficient to farm for archeum directly.

Your logic only applies to established crafters, or those with gold/credits to burn. The only thing it does is drive up the cost for new or low geared players; often to the point of being out of reach.

You're assuming that I can craft epherium or delphinad. I can't. It's also more time and resource efficient to farm for archeum directly.

Your logic only applies to established crafters, or those with gold/credits to burn. The only thing it does is drive up the cost for new or low geared players; often to the point of being out of reach.

If u are not able to craft epherium or delphinad right now that mean u are not able to craft anything. Archeum farming dosent exists (archeum trees are simply bad) there is no way to produce archeum on ur own to craft. In the current system when everyone can craft if u are new player and/or not established crafter u are going to spend more gold than in old system. In old system if u were new player u could buy pretty cheap ayanads on AH now their prices almost doubled. As well i dont know if u are aweare but current system is involvind even more RNG and is even more hostile for new player than ever before. Right now we crafting ayanads and everything that go divine is sold for crafting price and cucking every new and not established player and selling all epic for higher prices to feed ppl erenor cuz ofc noone is crafting cuz we cucking everyone that dont have gold. You need aprox 200k gold in ur inventory to flip it around and relist stuff over and over on ah. As a new player you will be always in bas situation i would like you to see how it rly works cuz i dont think you do.

And where does the new player get the gold to purchase ayanads? That's right, they don't have it.

You're deliberately ignoring what I'm saying in favor of your own convoluted argument. The wisps system favors those who craft gear specifically to make into consumables for gearing; the archeum system favors pretty much everyone else.

So...I'll say it again:
And where does the new player get the gold to purchase ayanads? That's right, they don't have it.

You're deliberately ignoring what I'm saying in favor of your own convoluted argument. The wisps system favors those who craft gear specifically to make into consumables for gearing; the archeum system favors pretty much everyone else.

So...I'll say it again:

You anyway have to get gold to craft item it cost like 12-15k gold to craft ayanad weapon now. If u saying that you are going fo farm everything then u are simply mad, it will take u month to craft 1 weapon and u are going to stuck undergeared forever. If u dont have gold do traderuns farm mobs to start doing anything moderaty more profitable. I am not ignoring anytrhing u say. None of crafting system will allow u to craft without gold btw ;p

You are forgetting that the old wisp system was self sustaining. Effectively you would start at illustrious, and keep trying to craft up. If you crafted illust > mag, and opened the mag, if you did not get an upgradeable, breaking down that mag allowed you to recraft the illustrious.

With this being the system, you were essentially able to keep going until you got to the higher levels. This supported both the ability to upgrade your proficiency tree rapidly, and your ability to not completely lose materials.

Sure you still had to contend with growing materials, but over all it was far cheaper and faster to grow your pigments and base materials. The system being this way allowed you to upgrade all the proficiency trees needed while keeping you mostly in the game.

The idea of the wisp system was to get to ayanad several times, break it down and get back up to ayanad again. This created enough wisps for you to attempt your regrades, or sell to the populace or craft your obsidian...whatever you really wanted to do with them. It promoted a healthier gearing option as well as money on the side for the individuals involved. It takes about 24-30 hours of time investment to get into on this server due to the increased labor rates, but it is well worth it. Within a couple of weeks you can be crafting very well.

The current system kicks you out of the crafting game severely quickly. The idea is to hit ayanad then regrade it. The current problem is two fold: archeum availability is at an all time low. Archeum trees are abysmal in all aspects (labor cost, time cost, return rates), RNG boxes from P2W barely give anything, and salvaging rates for blowing up weapons are the worst they've ever been.

With this being the case, being able to craft and the incentive to craft are near non existent. Sure, the allure of "just getting what you want" is nice, but good luck getting the grade of what you want any time soon. And the 30+ hours of investment time to get the 1 piece you need with the current system all goes out the window with that piece blowing up. You get no return, and even starting back over at illustrious with the results of the explosion are nearly impossible.

As explained above, his logic is not incorrect. It doesn't take much to become established as a crafter (24-30 hours) and there wasn't much of a gold cost with the old system, especially when you consider Armorer's houses. More often than not your returns were greater than your investments. Occasionally you'd have bad crafting days, but overall your net outcomes would be even. Havockitty got rich off of the system and owned the entire jewlery market for well over two years using the wisp system. Everyone starts somewhere.

Bringing back the wisp system would benefit everyone, even beginners.

The best idea would be to bring back the wisp system and leave transmuters in the game so that ayanads could be re-rolled as you'd like.

I would prefer the old crafting system be returned as well. Farming Archeum is absolutely soul-wrenching - you are forced to deal with the RNG of trees providing the proper color, and the RNG of receiving dust vs crystals, as well as needing to be online for water spawns, with the included RNG of whether or not you will need to PvP. In what way is that good for the beginners @ lightsenshi6 . You are so concerned about new players, but I will be quite honest, the old crafting system is more beneficial for them.

Your argument about new players not having gold to buy Ayanads, is quite frankly, a shitty, and weak, argument. None of us started out with pockets filled with gold unless you swiped hard. It shouldn't be a system that encourages buying RNG boxes just for mediocre amounts of Archeum, though -possibly- better than the Archeum tree farms. I think the old crafting system encourages progress into crafting and lessens the harshness of entry that Archeum trees and RNG boxes have forced upon the economy.

New players have been given support gear that allows them to begin farming for gold, or they can do trade runs. But this old system creates an unhealthy situation as new players will need to either A. Swipe for Archeum or B. Spend all their money on getting land in water territory just for mediocre chances at getting the Archeum they need to even begin. And then, they are forced to keep timers just to achieve a chance at getting waters before someone purples on them, or a red murders them, for said waters. Many new players in video games are more casual - children cannot be around all day for water spawns, nor can most adults, but the Archeum system demands that they stay on top of these timers or pull out the wallet. OR, spend all your time farming gold just to buy the Archeum off AH, rather than deciding what niche of crafting you want to put some time into which the old system had you do.

I will have to agree with Havoc and vulgrr on this one. I would encourage the admins to create a poll on this subject matter so we can hear more from others who choose to not write lengthy paragraphs on the subject, but would rather simply vote yes or no.

He didn't say craft, he said reforge. And that you can easily do with dawnsdrop, especially the lower tiers. I have done that myself to craft my accessories back in the day, it worked perfectly fine.

I reforged stuff for wisps, and had a guildie craft me the item cuz I didnt have enough for that part yet. It was super easy and super cheap.

I would prefer the old crafting system be returned as well. Farming Archeum is absolutely soul-wrenching - you are forced to deal with the RNG of trees providing the proper color, and the RNG of receiving dust vs crystals, as well as needing to be online for water spawns, with the included RNG of whether or not you will need to PvP. In what way is that good for the beginners @ lightsenshi6 . You are so concerned about new players, but I will be quite honest, the old crafting system is more beneficial for them.

Your argument about new players not having gold to buy Ayanads, is quite frankly, a shitty, and weak, argument. None of us started out with pockets filled with gold unless you swiped hard. It shouldn't be a system that encourages buying RNG boxes just for mediocre amounts of Archeum, though -possibly- better than the Archeum tree farms. I think the old crafting system encourages progress into crafting and lessens the harshness of entry that Archeum trees and RNG boxes have forced upon the economy.

New players have been given support gear that allows them to begin farming for gold, or they can do trade runs. But this old system creates an unhealthy situation as new players will need to either A. Swipe for Archeum or B. Spend all their money on getting land in water territory just for mediocre chances at getting the Archeum they need to even begin. And then, they are forced to keep timers just to achieve a chance at getting waters before someone purples on them, or a red murders them, for said waters. Many new players in video games are more casual - children cannot be around all day for water spawns, nor can most adults, but the Archeum system demands that they stay on top of these timers or pull out the wallet. OR, spend all your time farming gold just to buy the Archeum off AH, rather than deciding what niche of crafting you want to put some time into which the old system had you do.

I will have to agree with Havoc and vulgrr on this one. I would encourage the admins to create a poll on this subject matter so we can hear more from others who choose to not write lengthy paragraphs on the subject, but would rather simply vote yes or no.

Old and new crafting system have it flaws i know that old crafting system involve rng new one consumes gold, i would be honest here, i would be a bit afraid of putting pool for it cuz a lot of not experienced players would simply vote no cuz they are afraid of rng. But i know as well that old system would allow to put more cheaper items on ah that basicly a choice between that 2. None of them is perfect but i think lesser evil for economy would be old crafting system.

He didn't say craft, he said reforge. And that you can easily do with dawnsdrop, especially the lower tiers. I have done that myself to craft my accessories back in the day, it worked perfectly fine.

I reforged stuff for wisps, and had a guildie craft me the item cuz I didnt have enough for that part yet. It was super easy and super cheap.

Thx Avendha i just notice that he totaly missunderstood that one.

Id sit with light guy, as unpopular as it looks to be.

I understand all thats been said, but if i had to choose to have admins/devs focus and properly tweak patch 4.5, or get busy with going backwards to old crafting systems cuz some people miss flipping wisps, ill always take the first, because light is right, this is about making money for people that already have money. It has barely any impact on new players, if anything it has negative impact, cuz they're starting from scratch, plus they'll bail once they see the RNG, like they already do with everything else with RNG on it.

The new system is fine, flawed but fine, old one had problems too, right now its straight progress, much like gems now can cost decent amounts of gold, not even to craft, but to socket. I payed like 743g to socket the 7th gem on a weapon, but 100% to fit no gambling bs? i'll take it. But then again im the opposite of OP, who has in the past stated in these forums that "blowing up 120k just to try get some stats on a costume was fun and rewarding in the end". I could not be on a more opposite end of that.

Crafting is only "dead" due to low server population and almost zero demand, not the system change. You can go mine/plant/log/etc basic materials and even those will sometimes find a hard time moving. Issue is player count.

Crafting is dead from more than just lowpop though. The entire system gates the ability to craft on an extreme level.

A perfect example: I was harvesting 40 archeum trees on CD (20 every 5 hours) for 4 weeks straight.

My goal was moonlight archeum essence. I need 500+ of it to craft 7 pieces of armor.

I ended up, in total, with all the RNG and BS associated with that system a measly 77 moonlight archeum essence. AFTER A MONTH. That's 1200 trees. That is an absolutely astronomical amount of work and time investment, not to mention labor. I can't even craft 1 piece of armor after 30 days of work.

If I had put that same amount of effort into the wisp system I would have likely ended up with every piece of armor I needed and then some.

Lowpop doesn't help the situation for sure, but the current system (minus the guaranteed upgrade part, that's new) was replaced with wisps for a reason in the first place...it's bad. Wisps wasn't perfect, but it was a far sight better than what we have now.....

However, I would make the argument that if archeum salvaging rates could be brought back to 3.0 rates, things would be muuuuuuuuch better. That would be a much simpler fix to our current problem.

Id sit with light guy, as unpopular as it looks to be.

I understand all thats been said, but if i had to choose to have admins/devs focus and properly tweak patch 4.5, or get busy with going backwards to old crafting systems cuz some people miss flipping wisps, ill always take the first, because light is right, this is about making money for people that already have money. It has barely any impact on new players, if anything it has negative impact, cuz they're starting from scratch, plus they'll bail once they see the RNG, like they already do with everything else with RNG on it.

The new system is fine, flawed but fine, old one had problems too, right now its straight progress, much like gems now can cost decent amounts of gold, not even to craft, but to socket. I payed like 743g to socket the 7th gem on a weapon, but 100% to fit no gambling bs? i'll take it. But then again im the opposite of OP, who has in the past stated in these forums that "blowing up 120k just to try get some stats on a costume was fun and rewarding in the end". I could not be on a more opposite end of that.

Crafting is only "dead" due to low server population and almost zero demand, not the system change. You can go mine/plant/log/etc basic materials and even those will sometimes find a hard time moving. Issue is player count.

New players are kinda irrelevant for this discusion from they have no clue what even crafting is. As i said u need like 100-200k gold in new system to craft for profit in old one it was like half of it. And the way new player can be impacted by crafting are items prices on ah and in old crafting system they were lower. What i mean by that, people already that have gold start crafting if u are new player regardles of new or old system you will fail miserably. New system is more deceptive than old cuz it demands a masive buffor of gold to actualy do have decent profit on regrade procs.

Crafting is dead from more than just lowpop though. The entire system gates the ability to craft on an extreme level.

A perfect example: I was harvesting 40 archeum trees on CD (20 every 5 hours) for 4 weeks straight.

My goal was moonlight archeum essence. I need 500+ of it to craft 7 pieces of armor.

I ended up, in total, with all the RNG and BS associated with that system a measly 77 moonlight archeum essence. AFTER A MONTH. That's 1200 trees. That is an absolutely astronomical amount of work and time investment, not to mention labor. I can't even craft 1 piece of armor after 30 days of work.

If I had put that same amount of effort into the wisp system I would have likely ended up with every piece of armor I needed and then some.

Lowpop doesn't help the situation for sure, but the current system (minus the guaranteed upgrade part, that's new) was replaced with wisps for a reason in the first place...it's bad. Wisps wasn't perfect, but it was a far sight better than what we have now.....

However, I would make the argument that if archeum salvaging rates could be brought back to 3.0 rates, things would be muuuuuuuuch better. That would be a much simpler fix to our current problem.

I wouldnt risk with increasing values of archeum u get for salvaging to not pump economy with tons of it for no reason, but archeum trees deserve buff thats for sure And from old system was already in game it wouldnt be extremly hard to bring it back.

Last edited:
You're assuming that I can craft epherium or delphinad. I can't.

Yes you can. The blue salt manual costs like 50g and boosts every proficiency by 50K. Public armorers boost everything by another 20K.

It has barely any impact on new players, if anything it has negative impact, cuz they're starting from scratch, plus they'll bail once they see the RNG, like they already do with everything else with RNG on it.

Didn't know divine delphinad & t5 is considered 'starting from scratch'.
Regrading every tier so you can tier it up is no rng ?
New players shouldn't be investing into rng. It's a silly argument to say they'll bail because of it when they can simply buy their gear like everyone else has the ability to.
People needing more tries to get ayanads = increasing basic mat and oil demand.
Aquafarms are very new player friendly and offer recources required for oils.

Last edited:
Back