What's new

Trial times.

Vapewave

It's a little ridiculous that one player can hold 5 other players hostage by waiting out the trial timers.

We need to cut those down by like 75%.

Is this something that is able to be done custom for this server?

I agree with Shankss here, as someone who regularly RPs as a conflicted Juror I need all that time to express the deep and storied character I roleplay as.

I require all 10 minutes of a trial to explain my crimes, I do not believe this change is needed.
I agree with Shankss here, as someone who regularly RPs as a conflicted Juror I need all that time to express the deep and storied character I roleplay as.

it's not about this though, but about the (fake-)afk jury that doesn't click till the last second and never says a word.

This shit needs to get fixed.

One minute to load in, one minute to make your case, one minute to decide sentencing, cap it at 3 minutes total. This 15 minutes of five people being held hostage by one person not clicking a button has got to fucking go.

I'm not sure I fully understand the request so correct where I am mistake it.

But is this regarding the duration a trial can last before you are given a sentence?

And what about the people that click confirm and then get called away from the computer? You're not so important as to demand....and you are demanding....that you take first priority.

The system is fine as it is,, and if you don't like the trial times then don't do the crimes. o_O

But is this regarding the duration a trial can last before you are given a sentence?

Yes that is the issue. Someone of the jury was just now acting all proud and snobbish cuz he thought it would be good to waste the time of the criminal, while at the same time wasting the time of the other jury members.

If I remember correct the time for jury to look at the reports (so NOT the voting time) is 3-5minutes and these trolls make it last until the last second because they don't like the defendant, wasting everyone's time.

And what about the people that click confirm and then get called away from the computer? You're not so important as to demand....and you are demanding....that you take first priority.

The system is fine as it is,, and if you don't like the trial times then don't do the crimes. o_O
Then don't take the trial.

Correct. I would like to see that the amount of time the jury is given to decide be shortened significantly(I'd cap it to a few minutes, 3-5 for the entire duration of the trial), as it's currently being abused to tack another 10-15 minutes on jail times.

Then don't take the trial.

Correct. I would like to see that the amount of time the jury is given to decide be shortened significantly(I'd cap it to a few minutes, 3-5 for the entire duration of the trial), as it's currently being abused to tack another 10-15 minutes on jail times.
Should be something possible to do.
3 minutes sounds a reasonable amount for any trial to last at most.

Such change can't be made per only a few players request as trial is also a part of the role play.
Also, players always have a choice - trial or plead guilty. Pleading guilty will safe your time if you don't want to risk. If you choose trial you need to expect it may take long.
But if a large number of players really interested in this change, we will consider it.

Back