What's new

Fixing issue with ppl not playing and keep paying taxes.

havockitty

Hello everyone this problem was on forum many times but here we go again. Whats is problem ? Well server is now 3y old or even more i think and we have many ghost houses and from time to time new ppl come to server and complain about land.

There was actualy long time ago solution to this problem and it was "fixed" by implementing tax certificares. And solution was that taxes for houses were actualy paid in gold not tax certificates, the more hauses u own more gold u have to pay simple. What would that change ? Actualy a lot, we got some people just logging in one in a week or once in 2 weeks dumping all their labot without any effort and keep land that they actualy dont use for sake of keeping that land. That solution would filter out and remove ppl that just do that, If u dont play game u dont earn gold there is no reason for u to keep land.

I had a few connected properties in sanddeep. There was a treehouse next to my solarium that wasn't used. The player who owned it quit actively playing at the end of patch 3.0 / begin of 3.5. For over a whole year the property was not used and belonged to a player not playing. Up until 4.5 he'd never do anything with it and only recently came back to see how the server is doing. And even now he isn't doing anything with it but remains to maintain it by paying taxes every week.

Things like these are incredibly frustrating so a solution would be very welcomed for many surely.

Another gold sink is bad imo but I guess its needed since there are afew oddballs who have kept 1 piece of land for a year or 2. If there were more lands it wouldn't be a problem but here we are.

Properties are not going to start requiring direct gold to pay them.
You're asking us to eliminate an item and its entire purpose for the sake of stopping people keeping what is theirs so easily.

Making it cost gold also isn't going to be a solution to your problem. People will burn labor a different way to afford the gold. Or its made expensive enough they can't do that and casual players suffer the penalty with many unhappy of how expensive it is to hold properties
You cannot stop people from owning properties that don't actively play without forcing activity as a requirement because people will find a way around it.

Yeah but that's the point, making it more tedious to keep it up for inactive players.
Anti-cheats also don't fully prevent people from cheating, doesn't mean they shouldn't be implemented in games.

Properties are not going to start requiring direct gold to pay them.
You're asking us to eliminate an item and its entire purpose for the sake of stopping people keeping what is theirs so easily.

Making it cost gold also isn't going to be a solution to your problem. People will burn labor a different way to afford the gold. Or its made expensive enough they can't do that and casual players suffer the penalty with many unhappy of how expensive it is to hold properties
You cannot stop people from owning properties that don't actively play without forcing activity as a requirement because people will find a way around it.

I personaly not gaining or losing anything on any situation with land and taxes it is not affecting me in any way but i am seeing ppl coming back and complaining on lak of land from time to time. Like ppl noticed this here already, it will definietly not eliminate problem but there is diference between crafting everyday taxes for entire labor what is no brain and take like 3 min and actualy getting gold to pay for ur properties. I Think many properties would demo if that change would be implemented.

Keeping tax certificate system is basicly asking for situation like we have now that ppl keep land for like 2 years and not playing.
Removing tax certificate item is crucial cuz this item provide ability to maintain land without making any effort.

And i am happy u agree with me on that "You cannot stop people from owning properties that don't actively play without forcing activity as a requirement because people will find a way around it." tax certificates are basicly pasievly gained and generated just by spending labr. Gold from the other side demand some effort to gain and that mean spending actual time in game.

Last edited:
Of course there is plenty of land. But in non-desirable locations. People either want proper spots or they simply want to buy the property of their neighbour to expand their land and that isn't always possible. And a major cause of that is inactive players hoarding land for no reason whatsoever.

its defiantly a problem but its hard to find a good solution . I don't think game needs to make it a job just to keep your land .

This is all rather laughable ??? Maybe the reason we keep our land is in the hopes that one day the dickheads such as Dahmer will quit as he has forced so many to do. I have put a lot of real money into this game in donations and if that is not reason enough to keep my land then suck it. As for available land I was just showing my friend 5 spots!!! in GWENOID ! PRIME SPOTS !! that had nothing on them and had taken a farm down myself 2 weeks ago that STILL had no one claim it !

This is all rather laughable ??? Maybe the reason we keep our land is in the hopes that one day the dickheads such as Dahmer will quit as he has forced so many to do. I have put a lot of real money into this game in donations and if that is not reason enough to keep my land then suck it. As for available land I was just showing my friend 5 spots!!! in GWENOID ! PRIME SPOTS !! that had nothing on them and had taken a farm down myself 2 weeks ago that STILL had no one claim it !
If a person wont't play a game because of dickheads such as "Dahmer" maybe they should not play this game. In a perfect world where everyone meets you're expectations maybe it would be different. In the real world people will do as they please as long as they remain within the current laws when expressing this. I try to be kind to people that I feel deserve kindness and I am less kind to others.

You seem like a kind person and very opinionated but your expectations of how people need to be are not realistic. Example: A year ago a rando in Gwen had a sign that stated , "I fucked your mother". You asked for the Admin to take it down. I didn't care for the sign either beyond it being silly/not original but did not feel it "needed" taken down. What if that same person found your avitar offensive or even sexist?

If one person is the reason so many people have been "forced" to quit then I feel that those "many" people will find real life social situations to be a struggle. I strongly advise against playing online games that interact with people. I think Havockitty made a good point but devs had a good counter point, seems like things will remain the same for now.

Gweo isn't prime land and hasn't been since before 2.9.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with sparkle, i found land all over the map in the last couple of weeks(Taxes are hurting tho), lol i was picking my halcyona larders and suddenly the 16x16 just went puff, i delivered the larders, found someone to lend me a 16x16 scarecrow, went back at war, put the 16x16 and my larders, so for around 5 hours no one took it.

Also half the plots near my village in anhimar(yeah i own lots of plots in that zone) went puff and had to beg guidlies to come to preserve the spots but luckily someone actually need it later and we gave all the spots.

Still as of this post Rockhala have 3 completely open spots behind one of my 24x24's that no one has took for like a month.

Perinoor had lots of spot last time i checked like 3 days ago.

Anhimar is quite open, i've seen 16x16 open in solz, dew, white arden, kark recently as well.

I think people here are missing the point. We all know land is easy to get. But as havoc mentioned in his first post already, he was speaking about 'ghost houses'. Property owned by players no longer playing and blocking valuable spots that others desire. I think that sucks and someone not playing shouldn't be able to keep up their property infintely.

I think people here are missing the point. We all know land is easy to get. But as havoc mentioned in his first post already, he was speaking about 'ghost houses'. Property owned by players no longer playing and blocking valuable spots that others desire. I think that sucks and someone not playing shouldn't be able to keep up their property infintely.

Ahhh, So it all comes down to.....WAHH, Someone has what I want !! And I am determined to get it !!!

You don't consider other people though.. Like, here I am, I just moved irl and won't have proper internet to play for indefinite amount time. Aka, I can't use labor to get more gold, but I don't wanna lose my land because I want to play again.

This "fix" that has been proposed would ruin the game for people who can't afford to play for a longer time but wanna return to the game and have their land, storage, etc. still available to them. Tax is the only viable way for that.

Back