What's new

Fixing issue with ppl not playing and keep paying taxes.

Yeah, this isn't a fix. I went two weeks with no internet because i moved across the country. We aren't missing the point; your "fix" isn't valid. The valuable spot that isn't available in one specified spot could be available two spots away, demoing. Taylor said the person they lived next to didn't come back until 4.5; well, he came back. It is none of your business whether or not they utilize the land for anything other than storage. I don't plant on all my lands either, so what? None of your business.

Spend more time running around looking for demos if you care sooo much about "valuable" spots. But don't try to take what others still log to preserve; they do it for a reason. It isn't your business as to why they still log and pay taxes on the game they don't play RIGHT NOW.

Yeah, this isn't a fix. I went two weeks with no internet because i moved across the country. We aren't missing the point; your "fix" isn't valid. The valuable spot that isn't available in one specified spot could be available two spots away, demoing. Taylor said the person they lived next to didn't come back until 4.5; well, he came back. It is none of your business whether or not they utilize the land for anything other than storage. I don't plant on all my lands either, so what? None of your business.

Spend more time running around looking for demos if you care sooo much about "valuable" spots. But don't try to take what others still log to preserve; they do it for a reason. It isn't your business as to why they still log and pay taxes on the game they don't play RIGHT NOW.

You can prepay taxes if u cant play for extended periods of time noone want steal ur stuff stop act like it is a case I think u can prepay ur taxes up to 5 weeks right ? There are ppl that for 2 years only log in spend labor for taxes and log off. If u dont play u shouldnt be allowed to keep land for infinite ammount of time we dont pay patron here there is nothing that ppl spend to hold their land. Spending labor that is free and replenish itself is not a solution to pay taxes for land.

Yeah.. too many people in this thread that feel offended for some reason and come here to give examples why they shouldn't have their land taken away for not playing a week or two, when that was never what havoc asked for. As he said, players pay taxes for dozens of months without actively playing and blocking desired spots.

To everyone that tells him "there is many available spots and demos all the time":
If the devs would find a measure to prevent players from easily hoarding land without playing for long durations, then I can say the exact same thing to those who come back and don't have their land anymore. There's always free land and demos, right ? So what's the matter in taking it away from them if they don't use it. They can always get new land ? ?‍♂️

The guy next to my solarium hasn't played for more than 1,5 years. And his treehouse has nothing on it but a mailbox and a chest. No loss to him if it was gone and an active player would find joy in owning that spot.

Yeah.. too many people in this thread that feel offended for some reason

I’m not offended, I pointed out a flaw in the proposed fix. I’d rather see another solution for the “I might come back one day, maybe”-players, and unfortunately I am unable to propose anything myself atm because I have no ideas.

I’m not offended, I pointed out a flaw in the proposed fix. I’d rather see another solution for the “I might come back one day, maybe”-players, and unfortunately I am unable to propose anything myself atm because I have no ideas.

where did u showed flaw of that proposition ? Cuz i actualy dont see it. i will repeat it for you. Replace tax certificates with gold may be 1:1 ppl that dont activly play game may get eventualy bored or annoyed enought to not pay for land. People that play have 0 problems to pay for it. Thats it. What is the flaw ?

Wait a sec i may found it. Do u want say that u dont have like 5k gold to prepay all ur taxes for 5 weeks ? This is ur argument ?

Last edited:
Oh yeah maybe just make pre-paying cost a high additional gold fee. So everyone who occasionally has to leave can still keep their property as doing that once or twice is affordable for anyone but it'll add up for those that do it all the time, hopefully being such a pain for them that they give up logging in every week.

Ultimately nothing will 100% work but if we can find a way that doesn't negatively affect active players but makes it a real pain to hoarders, then it is a success to me.

Last edited:
where did u showed flaw of that proposition ? Cuz i actualy dont see it. i will repeat it for you. Replace tax certificates with gold may be 1:1 ppl that dont activly play game may get eventualy bored or annoyed enought to not pay for land. People that play have 0 problems to pay for it. Thats it. What is the flaw ?

Wait a sec i may found it. Do u want say that u dont have like 5k gold to prepay all ur taxes for 5 weeks ? This is ur argument ?

Lmao I’m not talking about me, I just used my situation as the example. I’m talking about every single player that is in the grey area between “I am active” and “I login after 1.5 years”. Not everyone in the grey area can afford to pay gold for their land instead of taxes. That is the flaw, it’d ruin the game for those kind of people who don’t have time to earn gold while they are temporarily less active. So yes, you’d open up land of* those super inactive people but also make the game a lot less attractive/more of a hassle to other people.

Lmao I’m not talking about me, I just used my situation as the example. I’m talking about every single player that is in the grey area between “I am active” and “I login after 1.5 years”. Not everyone in the grey area can afford to pay gold for their land instead of taxes. That is the flaw, it’d ruin the game for those kind of people who don’t have time to earn gold while they are temporarily less active. So yes, you’d open up land of* those super inactive people but also make the game a lot less attractive/more of a hassle to other people.

You understand that is exacly the idea ? To make it harder if u dont play. If u make a brake and u have to go away for a month u can easly prepay ur taxes but if u are inactive more and more and u dont even log in to play a bit and make some gold it become harder it supose to be harder. Now it is easier to pay ur taxes if u actualy dont play game, cuz u just simply dump entire labor into taxes and u done, ppl that play game dont want spend labor on crafting taxes cuz it is simply waste of labor.

What about gold and resources though? There are many people hoarding valuable crafting materials and gold in their chests and warehouses, why not redistribute those first, it would be trivial to calculate the gold median and just adjust the database values so that everyone has the same amount. As for the crafting mats and other expensive items, they should probably be deleted and their average AH values added to the community gold pile before redistribution.

The way it works now is the way the game was made and it is working as intended, now if you do not like the game works maybe it is time for you to find a new game !

When I went away for a month I did a full kit demolition because of this. People have the capitalist mindset that they should grab onto as many resources as they can and keep a firm grasp on the means of production. This kind of mindset is typical of a medieval feudal society like that exists in the lore of Archerage, so I guess it's technically immersive that people behave this way. When I hear of these kinds of issues, my first idea for fixing it is to establish communism and resettlement programs to Auroria or the harsher regions of Nuia and Haranya, but I don't believe that is what the playerbase would want. And given that people in Archeage work for themselves, the whole thing would be redundant.

I think about limiting the amount of land a person could own, like maybe three buildings per character? That's actually generous compared to some countries. But pointing out flaws in the economic system just causes people to accuse you of jealousy and envy of the richer players. It's annoying given that the land is finite, though the amount of players in the game can reach any amount that will come and put down tents and stuff. I would propose that everyone get their own personal house dimension like Mirage Isle, so they have a house but it's liked to their character (Or the characters across the account) and can be entered with a portal. Then we could all just have our own personal housing dimension which would make us all able to own property and farm. It would be a people's paradise. Of course this only works because it's a game, and other people wouldn't be able to get to your house or see it normally.

And now that I think of it, Maybe Mirage Isle could have a housing province. That would be wierd but still cool. The question I would have is would you be able to open worldgates to Mirage Isle if you hypothetically had a home there. I guess that would be game breaking. A housing province on Miroir Tundra would make it less useless. If we could have a glass underwater dome housing province that would be cool too but these medieval magicians don't have the technology to do that. If there was an underwater housing province that would be so cool and I would live there even though I couldn't breathe.

The way it works now is the way the game was made and it is working as intended, now if you do not like the game works maybe it is time for you to find a new game !

Go back to Trion/Gamigo if you think things should stay as how they were meant to be by them. We don't need people like you who are against the idea of improving flaws in the vanilla version, otherwise this server would be redundant. And with your attitude I am wondering what you are doing here to begin with.

I had a few connected properties in sanddeep. There was a treehouse next to my solarium that wasn't used. The player who owned it quit actively playing at the end of patch 3.0 / begin of 3.5. For over a whole year the property was not used and belonged to a player not playing. Up until 4.5 he'd never do anything with it and only recently came back to see how the server is doing. And even now he isn't doing anything with it but remains to maintain it by paying taxes every week.

Things like these are incredibly frustrating so a solution would be very welcomed for many surely.

I believe this statement you made says it all about why you are here, I on the other hand am here to defend what is rightfully peoples land to keep selfish people such as yourself away from it !

Paying taxes with gold is not new concept and it was used in archeage in early versions of game.

Gold and taxes are one in the same. Taxes used to pay to own land are converted to gold to the sovereign/Lord of land.

The way it currently works is the way it was designed to work by XL.
Where in Korea alt accounts are not allowed and everyone is contained at 10 labor regeneration.
We have 4 times that regeneration so by no means does it work here like it was intended to work.

There are currently no plans to change how keeping land is done and this thread how shown there isn't a majority favour for needing a change.
Its a case of no matter what a side is going to be upset by changes.

If there is a middle point found where all the parties are more or less satisfied, we'll think of such change possibility. But as we can see from this thread, currently, no middle way is found. We'll, however, keep this thread open, so you can keep the discussion going.

I believe this statement you made says it all about why you are here, I on the other hand am here to defend what is rightfully peoples land to keep selfish people such as yourself away from it !

I don't play anymore so your assumption is wrong. Am also failing to see how asking for a change is selfish. Because I think it's the other way around.

If there is a middle point found where all the parties are more or less satisfied, we'll think of such change possibility. But as we can see from this thread, currently, no middle way is found. We'll, however, keep this thread open, so you can keep the discussion going.

My proposition is about making people life harder and they rather chose no effort forever land keep system so i dont belive middle ground can be found. But ye ok lets see meaby someone have better idea.

Just make it so you're required to plant a certain amount per plot per week or else you're charged a progressively larger tax fee.

Back